• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

War Room Players Contact List (Time-zones, Skype and QuickTopic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
King of Luxray
Reaction score
In order to facilitate communications between players during the games, we have listed the willing section regulars here with their timezones and, if applicable, their Skype username, QuickTopic username and Daylight Saving Time period. If you want to be added to this list, post in this thread with the relevant information and a moderator (or me) will add you. This page can help you find your DST. You need to have signed up for at least 2 games to be put on the list. If you haven't, you can still put in your details, and once you've met the requirement, you will be put in the list.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This is voluntary. You do not need to put your details in. Details that are not provided will be displayed as NA 'Not applicable' on the table below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep moving forward
Reaction score
Since the War Room never goes beyond a page and we don't want too many stickies, we're not stickying this thread.

System
Reaction score
Human it'd be better to label the times as EST, etc considering that's what most label times as in mafias. I don't even know what UTC is an havent seen it around. Also if you're adding QT names: mine is Midorikawa

memes
Reaction score
Mijzelffan for every name.
GMT +1
DST from last sunday of March untill the last sunday of october.

Human it'd be better to label the times as EST, etc considering that's what most label times as in mafias. I don't even know what UTC is an havent seen it around. Also if you're adding QT names: mine is Midorikawa
Probably because most people refer to UTC as GMT. I can't imagine you've never heard of GMT, because you know, it's kinda hard to find out what time someone updates if you don't know their GMT difference from your own timezone (which is why people usually specify them in their OP's).

Level 7
Reaction score
UTC is Coordinated Universal Time. It's the correct standard to use, given that we don't all live in the United States.

The problem with using labels like EST is that they are not universal. For instance, you're referring to U.S. Eastern Standard Time (I assume), which is UTC-5, but EST also refers to Egypt Standard Time, which is UTC+2.

If it helps, UTC if functionally the same as GMT.

The Lord of the Dance
Reaction score
UTC is Coordinated Universal Time. It's the correct standard to use, given that we don't all live in the United States.

The problem with using labels like EST is that they are not universal. For instance, you're referring to U.S. Eastern Standard Time (I assume), which is UTC-5, but EST also refers to Egypt Standard Time, which is UTC+2.

If it helps, UTC if functionally the same as GMT.
I don't know how UTC works but I know how GMT does so since I said I am GMT+1 why didn't u guys add it?

Actually I said GMT+2 but that was a typo I just noticed. :p

System
Reaction score
@Mijzelffan; I've heard of GMC just not UTC

@Master Mew; thanks for the explanation.

It might be best to label them as all the names so ex:UTC-5/EST/Whatever GMT it is

That way there is no confusion. At least labeled as GMT since that one seems to be known by everyone

Level 7
Reaction score
I don't know how UTC works but I know how GMT does so since I said I am GMT+1 why didn't u guys add it?

Because GMT+1 is the same as UTC+1, so UTC was used for consistency. :p

Also, @HumanDawn please move m0ckingbird20 from UTC+2 to UTC+1.

The Lord of the Dance
Reaction score

Because GMT+1 is the same as UTC+1, so UTC was used for consistency. :p

Also, @HumanDawn please move m0ckingbird20 from UTC+2 to UTC+1.
Ih never mind I missunderstood something my bad. Don't ask what I thought I don't wanna say. :/

Lovely
Reaction score
Should we add the names of cities in corresponding timezones? I know what the timezones stand for, but I find it easier to calculate the time difference when I have a given city. Not all cities, but maybe one or two for each?

I AM A DUCK
Reaction score
I might as well have myself added. UTC-6, my quicktopic account is Smasher 101.

Gangsta's Paradise
Reaction score
UTC + 0 /GMT
Quicktoic: croag

Reaction score
It take it UTC is the same as GMT so I'll be UTC+0 (DST which is usually last weekend in March to the last weekend in October)

My QT Username is harryheart so the same as here.

:D
Reaction score
Should we add the names of cities in corresponding timezones? I know what the timezones stand for, but I find it easier to calculate the time difference when I have a given city. Not all cities, but maybe one or two for each?
Are you guys okay with this? If not, speak up.

Status
Not open for further replies.