• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

War Room Players Contact List (Time-zones, Skype and QuickTopic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HumanDawn

Living the rich life
Reaction score
In order to facilitate communications between players during the games, we have listed the willing section regulars here with their timezones and, if applicable, their Skype username, QuickTopic username and Daylight Saving Time period. If you want to be added to this list, post in this thread with the relevant information and a moderator (or me) will add you. This page can help you find your DST. You need to have signed up for at least 2 games to be put on the list. If you haven't, you can still put in your details, and once you've met the requirement, you will be put in the list.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This is voluntary. You do not need to put your details in. Details that are not provided will be displayed as NA 'Not applicable' on the table below.

142539910446065_zpsb08wvlvn.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the War Room never goes beyond a page and we don't want too many stickies, we're not stickying this thread.

Human it'd be better to label the times as EST, etc considering that's what most label times as in mafias. I don't even know what UTC is an havent seen it around. Also if you're adding QT names: mine is Midorikawa

Mijzelffan for every name.
GMT +1
DST from last sunday of March untill the last sunday of october.

Human it'd be better to label the times as EST, etc considering that's what most label times as in mafias. I don't even know what UTC is an havent seen it around. Also if you're adding QT names: mine is Midorikawa

Probably because most people refer to UTC as GMT. I can't imagine you've never heard of GMT, because you know, it's kinda hard to find out what time someone updates if you don't know their GMT difference from your own timezone (which is why people usually specify them in their OP's).

UTC is Coordinated Universal Time. It's the correct standard to use, given that we don't all live in the United States.

The problem with using labels like EST is that they are not universal. For instance, you're referring to U.S. Eastern Standard Time (I assume), which is UTC-5, but EST also refers to Egypt Standard Time, which is UTC+2.

If it helps, UTC if functionally the same as GMT.

UTC is Coordinated Universal Time. It's the correct standard to use, given that we don't all live in the United States.

The problem with using labels like EST is that they are not universal. For instance, you're referring to U.S. Eastern Standard Time (I assume), which is UTC-5, but EST also refers to Egypt Standard Time, which is UTC+2.

If it helps, UTC if functionally the same as GMT.

I don't know how UTC works but I know how GMT does so since I said I am GMT+1 why didn't u guys add it?

Actually I said GMT+2 but that was a typo I just noticed. :p

I don't know how UTC works but I know how GMT does so since I said I am GMT+1 why didn't u guys add it?

Because GMT+1 is the same as UTC+1, so UTC was used for consistency. :p

Also, @HumanDawn please move m0ckingbird20 from UTC+2 to UTC+1.

Because GMT+1 is the same as UTC+1, so UTC was used for consistency. :p

Also, @HumanDawn please move m0ckingbird20 from UTC+2 to UTC+1.

Ih never mind I missunderstood something my bad. Don't ask what I thought I don't wanna say. :/

Should we add the names of cities in corresponding timezones? I know what the timezones stand for, but I find it easier to calculate the time difference when I have a given city. Not all cities, but maybe one or two for each?

It take it UTC is the same as GMT so I'll be UTC+0 (DST which is usually last weekend in March to the last weekend in October)

My QT Username is harryheart so the same as here.

Should we add the names of cities in corresponding timezones? I know what the timezones stand for, but I find it easier to calculate the time difference when I have a given city. Not all cities, but maybe one or two for each?

Are you guys okay with this? If not, speak up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom