• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Warning: Official websites not working. (except Japan).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymphia

Reaction score
If you have tried to go to the official English website iun the past few days (apparently since at least 48 hours) you will find a white page instead of the information of Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. All of this is happening:

-In any international website (United States, Canada, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, United Kingdom, Australia) when you try to access the website you'll get a white opage and you can't access the website, at least from the main domain. If you see the website, it's because the site is memoryzed in the computer and you have to update and the website will do a "white page".

-This is only happening to the official XY websites. The general pokemon websites are working like normal at the moment of the post.

-The white page is not for revealing the evolved forms of fossil pokemon. The website has to be down and show a white page to update.

-The page charges like "normal" but instead of showing XY, they show a XY page. The error is that the site has been down, or that the sites has lost the info (in the former the page doesn't upload, and the latter the opage do a 404, or another error numbering).

This is likely to be two things:
-A hacker has hacked the website and made it innacessible (But the website doesn't appear to be hacked)
-A delay has happened and the site stopped working because of that.

The reason why the wevbsite is not known. Wait to the page to get up or more info to appear.

Things rare (if it's a delay):
-All the recent US releases has been leake the pokemon with a month of antellation. Now anyone isn't leaking Pokemon.
-A event in the US happening since the start of September suddenly doesn't have a demo for XY.

Give your opinions, and try to explain why it's happening. if you know something more, post it!!!!

I've been on the official English website a few times in the past 48 hours and haven't noticed anything wrong. Even now, I can refresh the page and it appears correctly.

Why would you think the site experiencing issues would mean the actual physical game was delayed?

Anyway, the site's working fine for me.

In the internaitonal website,s if you hae enter before, if you hav enter the website later, the website appears like last time that you visited. You have to do a F5 to update the website.

Works for me. I wonder if, by the time I posted this, the issues have been resolved?

Thanks for reading.

Appears to be working fine for me. Though I was confused when I read on Serebii that the official site has updated with information about Tyrantrum and Aurorus, which I can't see anywhere.

The Japanese official website is accessible.

For people you are watching the official websites, are the evolved form of the pokemon fossils in the page?

If not, you're having stored your page from the last update. The English website has a tendency that for getting the new info, you have to reset your fan by updating it or push the button "F5".

Considering that I've completely cleared my history, including cache, I really doubt I'm only able to access the website because of that. Stop being such an alarmist.

*presses F5 several times* Nope.

Also, yeah, the Japanese site has information on them. Specifically, there's this interesting pair of screenshots of Aurorus using Freeze Dry on Tyrantrum, except its sails are orange instead of pastelly-yellow.

Yeah, so it's no big deal, just like how we've had the Western sites updating a few times before the Japanese site did.

Pressed F5 once, the fossils are up. So what's the big commotion?

OK, since it seems to be working fine for everyone so far, except Nymphia, I'm going to close this. We don't need a thread saying the site doesn't work for one person. If it turns out something has happened, then it can be discussed later, but right now it doesn't seem to be a problem for anyone else.

In the meantime, Nymphia, if you want any help trying to work out what the problem is on your end, then feel free to post in the SQSA thread: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f693/simple-questions-simple-answers-xy-edition-155233/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom