• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Was Koya based on Silver?

Blackjack Gabbiani

Back due to popular demand!
Reaction score
Or heck, was he meant to BE Silver? The resemblence is too much to really be coincidence, from his outfit and hairstyle to his entire attitude.

Although to make someone based on Silver part of the International Police seems a jump. Is it too big a jump?

In terms of appearance, I would probably guess he was.

But in terms of personality, there is a huge difference between them. They're both jerks (at first), but Silver only cares about strong Pokemon and uses them to fight Team Rocket (because of his daddy issues, I bet). Koya actually genuinely cares about Pokemon, even before becoming nice.

I got a Silver-vibe from Koya as well. Their designs are pretty similar. Even though I'm not sure if they would reference the anime, he kind of reminded me of a mix between Silver and Paul. Koya only caring about strong Pokemon reminded me a bit of Paul and he was eventually shown to care about his Pokemon just like Koya, although the reasons behind why they want strong Pokemon are pretty different.

Oh, I think he was too. It's hard not to look at him and not do a freaking double-take at his first appearance and go "WTF, when did Silver arrive in Sinnoh?" Honestly, I prefer Koya over Silver... just out of personal prefs.

But in terms of personality, there is a huge difference between them. They're both jerks (at first), but Silver only cares about strong Pokemon and uses them to fight Team Rocket (because of his daddy issues, I bet). Koya actually genuinely cares about Pokemon, even before becoming nice.

I agree with this. I mean, Koya does care... and at least he does regret what happened in his past - that's why he joined the International Police, hoping to atone for what he considered was his weakness. At least his story had a nice ending and all became well for the former jerk agent. I'm just more surprised that the International Police hired someone of his unknown-but-possibly-young age in the first place. Don't they have age limits or child labor laws in the Pokemon world?

- Juuchan17

I'm just more surprised that the International Police hired someone of his unknown-but-possibly-young age in the first place. Don't they have age limits or child labor laws in the Pokemon world?

- Juuchan17

Maybe Looker is his possible uncle or guardian who helped him join. Plus, if those between 10 and 18 years of age can become Trainers, anything is possible thanks to Pokemon.

Maybe Looker is his possible uncle or guardian who helped him join. Plus, if those between 10 and 18 years of age can become Trainers, anything is possible thanks to Pokemon.

Or he's some other far-off relative, I guessing? Perhaps they were impressed by his determination and drive? Again, unanswered questions.

And that does make sense.

- Juuchan17

No , I think Koya is based on a alternate version of Paul with a Kind heart
I mean He sure battle like Paul but unlike Paul he really loves his pokemon

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom