• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

was primal dialga in mystery dungeon a hint of what was to come with primals in oras

I recently watched a pokemon theroy on how Gen 5 was linked with PMD, however it got be then thinking about how there was a primal dialga in PMD exporers of time, so was this a sign of primal groudon and primal kyogre and will we see primal dialga and palkia in a DP remake, or was this just an idea and then for ORAS it was something different. i dunno how strong this idea is that the two are linked but i wondered what other people thought

Lovely
Re: was primal dialga in mystery dungeon a hint of what was to come with primals in o

It's just a coincidence with the translations. Primal Dialga is called 'Dark Dialga' in the Japanese version, so it has nothing to do with the Primals Groudon and Kyogre.

Re: was primal dialga in mystery dungeon a hint of what was to come with primals in o

Yeah, unfortunately so. I still like to think the possibility of Dialga having a primal form exists, though, because the description of Primal Dialga does seem to come close to the concept of Primal Reversion as a whole.

Nah, not possible.

Primal Reversion and what happened to Primal Dialga are way too different to be related. Reversion is caused by a huge amount of life energy, which causes a Pokemon to regain its older appearance and massive powers. Primal Dialga, on the other hand, is not an ancient form, but a a feral Dialga that cares of nothing but self-preservation after being corrupted by darkness. The titles may sound similar, but there are too many differences for the PMD concept and ORAS to be related.

Unregistered User

Is just a coincidence imo but if they actually make that Dialga's Primal form in the future it'll be an awesome easter egg.

Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.

No, Primal Dialga isn't a Primal at all. It is the result of what happens in the dark future where time has stopped or whatever happened.

Primal Reversion and what happened to Primal Dialga are way too different to be related. Reversion is caused by a huge amount of life energy, which causes a Pokemon to regain its older appearance and massive powers. Primal Dialga, on the other hand, is not an ancient form, but a a feral Dialga that cares of nothing but self-preservation after being corrupted by darkness. The titles may sound similar, but there are too many differences for the PMD concept and ORAS to be related.
Well, I guess that was just headcanon talking. Then again, time is a nice and orderly flowing thing today, but I sometimes wonder what was it like back during the primal era. For all we know it could've been a great, big, wibbly, wobbly, disorganized ball of unruly timey wimey ... stuff....

Last edited:
The one once known as Alphaphlare

It shares it's name because there is a limited amount of adjectives you can use for superpowered beings, objects and abilities in this kind of fiction.

We Rise from the Ashes to Begin Again

Well, I guess that was just headcanon talking. Then again, time is a nice and orderly flowing thing today, but I sometimes wonder what was it like back during the primal era. For all we know it could've been a great, big, wibbly, wobbly, disorganized ball of unruly timey wimey ... stuff....
I understood that reference!