• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Was the Battle Subway too difficult?

Was the Battle Subway too difficult?

• I am the Subway Master of all lines!!

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I owned the Subway Bosses fairly easily.

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • I occasionally meet the Bosses, but they are hard to defeat.

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • I had lots of trouble getting my 20th win.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • How the HELL do I get my 14th win?

• The station is full of HACKED TRAINERS!!!!!

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other

• Total voters
The subway is total haxxor, that said I've "beat" the double line when teaming up with my brother. I think our team was him: Excadrill and Crobat, me: Gardevoir and Escavalier.

The Super Double Line is the easiest of the Super Lines, but it's still quite challenging. The Super Single Line is damn hard, but I got there in the end.

The Super Multi Line is excruciating. Haven't got past 30 battles yet.

The babby lines are for babby.

Regular Subway lines: easy enough.

Super Subway lines: Oh boy. Do I have the stories to tell about the in-game hacking going on there, like the time my Galvantula's Thunder missed a Lapras in the rain 5 TIMES IN A ROW.

It's not so much the hax in the Super single line that keep screwing me over, but the way the enemy's items seem to always be tailored to allow them to defeat you. At later battles in the Super Single, every super-effective attack I made for like four battles was weakened by the appropriate damage-reduction berry. Switch to using Toxic to stall enemies to death? Suddenly they're all carrying Lum Berries!

I found the normal Single and Double lines to be easy-medium difficulty. You will be facing very weak pokemon at first, but eventually you will battle partially-evolved pokemon and quite a few "mediocre" fully-evolved pokemon once you are halfway through the lines. Ingo and Emmet are the only challenges to the normal lines, really, but they were still possible to defeat as long as you had a pokemon with Earthquake/Earth Power. Emmet is slightly more difficult on the normal line because he starts off with a Durant, a pokemon with above average attack and speed stats, that knows Rock Slide.

The Super Lines, however, are filled with pokemon so powerful that I question their legitimacy in the games. Unless you have a pokemon/pokemons with very high IVs all around and are EV trained, I recommend not challenging the super lines. The pokemon you typically face on the super lines have remarkable IVs on top of their amazing base stats (because only the most powerful fully-evolved pokemon are fought in the super lines to begin with).

If you are on the Super Double Line, you will typically be paired up against pokemon that seem to work together to fit a strategy (i.e. Tyranitar and Cradily; Tyranitar's Sand Stream activates a permanent Sandstorm, Cradily's above-average Special Defense gets doubled).

Oh, and don't get me started on the legendary pokemon that you will begin to face starting around match 30. You will be facing up against a lot of Suicune and Lati@s.

The Battle Subway is difficult if you are not thoroughly prepared. As long as you give them a varied movepool and EV train them properly, you can get through the normal lines with the pokemon that you can catch in the wild. Once again, if you have pokemon with high IVs and are EV-trained, you should advance through the Battle Subway with very few problems. Don't be surprised if you do end up losing at some point on the super lines because the trainers keep getting progressively harder as you advance past each round.

I found the Multi lines (paired up with a CPU trainer) to be slightly easier than the Single/Double lines. The pokemon that the CPU are provided with have high IVs and great moves.

I think it's fairly easy till my 42nd win, that was when I battled a Thundurus, Virizion, and Cresselia or something like that. I lost, BIG TIME...

Sweeped it. So easily. Even the super lines weren't too hard. Though I won one match by his final pokemon dying of recoil :D

It's not so hard if you bring the right pokemon, they have good/perfect IV's and are Ev trained in the right places.

I died on my 121st straight win ;_;

I found the Multi lines (paired up with a CPU trainer) to be slightly easier than the Single/Double lines. The pokemon that the CPU are provided with have high IVs and great moves.

The babby Multi Line is the easiest of the three because of that factor, but once you get to the Super Multi, the CPU opponents are matching your ally's pokemon in quality. At that point it becomes challenging to cope with the randomness introduced by the CPU ally's choice of pokemon and their occasionally not-very-competent use of them. Look at it this way, it's unlikely to be easier than the Super Double Line, where you have control of all 4 pokemon on your team!

I'd say the Battle Subway is a difficult but it's not hard enough to make me hate it. I feel like it's pretty good at testing my battle strategies and such, and it also shows me how to identify flaws in my teams and such, which is great for improvement. Battle Subway kicks my butt just enough to show me how to make my team better.
The only time I get upset with Battle Subway is generally when I go up against a Dragonite. Oh yeah nothing makes me more angry than the stereotypical overused DW Dragonite.

Defeating the Subway Masters in the Super lines to get a trainer star is difficult, but not in a good way. As much as I love competitive battles, there are times where even the slightest bad luck will make you lose. This is usually one of the many things that keep them exciting, but not here. It doesn't matter if you win 99% of the battles you partake in, if you lose just once, you'll have to begin from square one again. It's just far too frustrating to enjoy. If there were checkpoints or you got continues for perfect wins, like in the Stadium games, it would be a piece of cake.

I've reached the bosses in the normal lines pretty easily many times, but just can't beat them. I guess I'll try getting an earthquake pokemon on my team.

To everyone who had beaten the Bosses in the normal lines...

HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET THROUGH AFTER THE 14TH STREAK??

You all say it's easy with just a regional poke but I never even met the subway bosses... from the 15th guy they all somehow seem to deliberately bring pokemons that has advantages. So far, the most I got through was 17th streak with a volt-switching galvuntula and a shadow-balling chandelure, but they kept sending out rock and groud types, or those with stone edge!!

I have a Gothithelle, a serperior, an unfezant and the evolved turtle fossil - I tried using them all but NONE of them let me go far enough than 17.

...any tips, anyone? I never IV, EV trained

It's not so much the hax in the Super single line that keep screwing me over, but the way the enemy's items seem to always be tailored to allow them to defeat you. At later battles in the Super Single, every super-effective attack I made for like four battles was weakened by the appropriate damage-reduction berry. Switch to using Toxic to stall enemies to death? Suddenly they're all carrying Lum Berries!

I hear you! They always seem to have stupid items like Quick Claw and under used items that you wouldn't expect.

I got through all of the normal lines perfectly with flying colours and beat the bosses no problem, but when it comes to the super lines I only manage to get up to 28 battles with difficulty.

The opponents Pokemon in some cases are clearly over powered and what is the deal with moves like Hypnosis and Grasswhistle?!!!! They are always 99.9% accurate with these moves it seems, but if I use a move with like 95% accuracy it misses!!

After just one play through of the Super Single Line for the first time I knew then something wasn't right. It always gives me an impression that the game just picks at random if I lose, or win and I don't feel I have control on any aspect.

Last edited:
IDK. As far as I have gotten it doesn't seem too hard(Because I just started in Super Singles) But I battled a Garchomp with Incinerate, Scary Face and Fire Blast. Yeah pathetic, it let me set up 3 DD's on it and I swept the battle with my Gyarados.

The Battle Subway isn't too hard if you're fully prepared. Honestly, the first time I made it to one of the bosses, it was really difficult, but, since then, it's seemed a lot easier. I don't really see why people think it's so hard.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom