• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Was the first Pokemon game you played your favorite?

My first was blue or yellow. Pretty much my favorites, though it's a close call between them and emerald.

blue was my first pokemon game and i cried at silph co. because the rocket grunt blocked the way to the portal that led to the card key (glitch? juvenescent stupidity?). also the lavender town ghost told me to get out and that made me feel like i wasn't wanted and so i cried and hid my pokemon blue version in the basement, where it probably still lies to this day.

too many bad memories, man

but seriously, i think my favorite pokemon game was crystal. despite its flaws, i think that it brought me some of the happiest times of my childhood. despite that i wasn't really that stoked for the hgss remakes... not sure why.

My first pokemon game was PMD explorerd of sky, but my favourite game is my first main series game, heartgold,
Closely followed by yellow, cuz of the glitches :D,

I played my way through Gen I, starting with Yellow. They'll always have a place in my heart - well, who of my generation doesn't feel that way? - but Soul Silver is my all-time favourite. It's a fantastic remake of a game I adored (And spent so much of my childhood playing), and best of all it got me back into Pokémon :D

My first Pokemon game was Red and I picked it up all the way back in 2000. However, my favorite Pokemon game is Black. I'm about 90 hours away from maxing out the clock; I play it for about half an hour every night.

LeafGreen is not my favorite mainly because I don't even remember what I did in it.

Despite it not being exactly fair to compare my LeafGreen experience to those I had with the other games, I'm still going to say that my favorite is White. So far. SoulSilver is a very, very close second, just for being the game that made me reconnect to Pokémon, and its fandom.

first one I played was blue, as for my favorite, (obviously gold/silver) but I did like sapphire ALOT. However, nothing can compare with the memory of catching a missing no, and leveling it past a hundred.

I'm a modern-age kinda guy. The first game I played was Platinum, and I've only played Gen IV and forward games since. (Except Ruby, which I never finished due to the cartridge breaking.)

Puzzle League was my first ever, but it's only my 2nd favorite spin-off. (MD Sky is #1)

As for main games, Blue is most definitely NOT my favorite because of all the improvements made since. (so, most likely the upcoming XY)

The first game I played was Blue back when I was a wee little nipper. And heck no, it isn't my favourite. At the time it probably was, since it was pretty much the only Pokemon game around, but with each new generation that comes out I usually end up liking those more.

Sort of but no, my first game was Gold back in 2001 which still is one of my favourites but my favourite is Soul Silver, the remake of its opposite version Silver. I preferred the gen 2 remakes to the originals because of the updated graphics, gameplay, addition of newer pokemon and moves etc. but the main reason was the introduction of the walking with your pokemon feature, having my favourite pokemon follow me around and being able to interact with them was cool.

Red was my first game , but no, it's not my favorite. I have many fun times and good memories of playing it and boy it's a nostalgic game for me. But nostalgia isn't the only reason a game is my favorite. I'd say Emerald is my favorite because it was my first steps into Hoenn (didn't have a GBA when RS came out.) and that first experience was an amazing one and it's a game I can play over and over again without being bored.

My first game was Pokémon Gold Version. Actually, I am one of the few who was into the anime before the games (I started the anime in 1998 and and have watched it since, although my run of it will end with BW-- unless XY series changes a lot of things-- though to me the show has really lost itself since DP series, and the dub has changed for the worse-- but that's besides the point). Gen II had my favorite games because you got 2 regions for the price of one (Kanto, albeit in worse condition, and Johto). I then played Crystal, and then the Gen I games.

Since then, I've always been getting the games. Gens III, IV, and V. I feel the Pokémon were better in the earlier generations, yet I seem to enjoy playing many of the newer games more due to the technological advances. Yet there is something to be said about the simplistic charm of the earlier games as well. Still, I always enjoy any of the games put out these days, for the most part. :)

Last edited:
Gold was my first game, as I've mentioned on here countless times before, but it's a toss up between it and HG/SS for being my favorite. I'm not totally sure if I like the remakes or the originals more. The remakes had a lot more to offer, though Gold has the whole nostalgic thing going for it. I guess I could technically say yes, since HG/SS are still basically the same games, just updated by a lot.

Red and Blue were my first handheld adventures, while Stadium was officially my first Pokemon game altogether. I favoured Blue over Red all those years ago, but none of the Gen 1 games have stood the test of time to be my favourite Pokemon game in the present day. It is actually impossible for me to pick a favourite, to be honest, as each generation of games has a different flavour that gives me the urge to pick up and play them again. However, I would say that SoulSilver is probably my favourite game overall due to the sheer variety of features and the fact that it is a modern remake of two of the strongest titles in the series.

I would also like to give an honourable shout out to the two GameCube spin-off titles, Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD - Gale of Darkness, both of which I rate very highly despite having quite a few flaws.

Red and Blue were my first handheld adventures, while Stadium was officially my first Pokemon game altogether. I favoured Blue over Red all those years ago, but none of the Gen 1 games have stood the test of time to be my favourite Pokemon game in the present day. It is actually impossible for me to pick a favourite, to be honest, as each generation of games has a different flavour that gives me the urge to pick up and play them again. However, I would say that SoulSilver is probably my favourite game overall due to the sheer variety of features and the fact that it is a modern remake of two of the strongest titles in the series.

I would also like to give an honourable shout out to the two GameCube spin-off titles, Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD - Gale of Darkness, both of which I rate very highly despite having quite a few flaws.

Wow, not only do I agree with you on the original English voice actors, but also the games? We must share a similar taste in things when it comes to Pokémon! :D

HGSS ROCKED. I actually didn't take fondly to Gen IV as far as DPPt goes (moreso DP than Pt), but even I absolutely loved those games. Indeed, they were remakes of two of the strongest games in the series, and they definitely did them justice.

Coincidentally, I also LOVED Pokémon Colosseum and XD, too. I loved the whole RPG feel they took on as opposed to the Stadium and Battle Revolution series. It felt a lot more like the portable console games to me. :)

I first played Ruby, and it definitely holds a special place in my heart. I've always been attached to 3rd Gen. :)

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom