• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Was the first Pokemon game you played your favorite?

My first was Red, then Blue, but my fave is definitely Yellow!

Pearl was my first game, and therefore it gives me much nostalgia. I like the graphics, music, and mythology of Sinnoh, and I like the Pokémon introduced in Gen IV the best. D/P/Pt has a hard-to-explain atmosphere... it feels almost creepy sometimes (unlike every other game I've played except maybe Yellow) but I have no idea why. However, the battles are SLOW. I'd say it ties with Emerald in terms of favoritism.

I enjoyed HeartGold, but the music and plotline fell a bit flat. It's better than White in some ways, but White outshines it in a lot of other ways.
I haven't disliked any Pokémon game I've played.

The fist game I played was Silver Version. I was fairly new to Pokemon and it's a game I always will remember. As for my favorite? It isn't Silver but rather it's remake, Soul Silver which was a lot of fun had nice graphics and features and was a great updated version. I would replay that game a thousand times.

My first game was FireRed, though I got Emerald soon after FireRed. Emerald is closer to my heart thanks to nostalgia and is probably my favorite.

My first game was Ruby, but my favorite is Heart Gold. Although the Gen III games do hold a spot in my heart for being the generation I was introduced too.

First game was Red. Not even in my top 5. Few selection of Pokemons for my team, horrible sprites. Music was heavenly though.

Red was my first, but Gold is my all-time favorite. Newer generations have had superior games, but nothing will match the fun I had during my first romp through Johto.

My first Pokémon game was Yellow - it definitely isn't my favourite! Crystal is my favourite of the Gen 1-3 games.

Of the DS games, my favourite is a tie between Platinum and SoulSilver.

I started with Emerald, and It was my fav, and if the Hoenn games were remade (and they don't bugger them up - which i'm sure they wouldn't) they would be by far my favorites.
However the internal clock broke (glitching my save ruining the gameplay), combined with the fact I couldn't "catch em' all", I would say that Heart Gold is my favorite - 2 regions, all the pokemon from the first 2 gens (after a bit of trading), the GB sounds item (which I usually have on even though I never played the originals), and the Pokeathlon are amazing. (and I can trade with Platinum to get the rest of gen 3/4).
White 2 I Like a lot, especially with the PWT, but still prefer HG. Pkmn Y could change this though...

Red and Blue were my first games, and I absolutely hated them. Never got past Misty hahah. My favourite is FireRed.

Nostalgia plays a big role in this, but while my first was really silver my favorite,and what I consider to be my real first one is sapphire. The reason i consider it my first is because I never beat silver, and technically it wasn't mine, it was my neighbors and they gave it to me years later, but i had made a file on it long before that and they never deleted it, probably because newer ones like ruby had come out. So the first one I played was silver, but my favorite was the first one I actually owned, sapphire. Yeah pretty confusing I know.

My first was crystal but my favorite is diamond i got my first lv100 there ( although my lowest on my team was 48)

The first I played was Pokemon Red (a friends on their GB). Then Blue (also a friends). The first game I owned was Sapphire. That's my favourite still.

My first was Diamond, but my favourite is a tie between Conquest (I love SRPGs) and SoulSilver (I loved that game so much, and I beat Red with two pokemon (but one was Mewtwo) I am currently planning a new run on SoulSilver.

Yes. The first game of Pokemon I've ever played was Platinum, back last year in September. When I played it, it made me feel more excited then any other game that I'd ever played, and I couldn't put it down. I didn't want to stop playing it. It was just too much fun. Everything about it kept me drawn into it. It was amazing. The only thing that, now that I've played BW/BW2/Emerald/Leafgreen, etc... Is that it is very slow, but I can live with it.
Platinum, and basically the whole Sinnoh region, has been my favorite still. x) I know it sounds cheesy, since it's not even been a year since I played Pokemon, but out of all the Pokemon games I've bought and such, Platinum still remains my favorite. <3

I must say yes, to me pokémon sapphire is the best pokémon ever and I miss Hoenn region.

My mood recently is very down...

My first game was Pokémon Yellow. My favourite game is Pokémon Platinum, though.
I think it was because I hadn't been buying any Pokémon games for a long time, Platinum was my first one in many years. However, I really think Platinum is awesome, because of The Underground (I dreamed of digging for my own stones since I was a child), the story, the Battle Frontier. Besides that, Platinum was the last game where Game Corner was normally featured, since western versions of HeartGold/SoulSilver had their Game Corner censored.
I thought HG/SS would be still better, since Gold/Silver were my favourite ones before Platinum, but the censorship made me not to like them so much as I thought.

My first Pokémon game was Ruby and that is still my favourite. I just don't like any of the newer games as much but I probably just like Ruby best because of nostalgia.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom