• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Was the first Pokemon game you played your favorite?

My first games were Blue and Red (I got them at the same time), but currently, my favorite games are the gen 5 ones. Before then, my favorite was a tie between Silver and Sapphire.

Emerald is the best until I stick to Platinum, HeartGold, and Black 2

My first Pokemon game was FireRed, and, while I don't find it that bad, it is also far from being my favourite, as it lacks the physical/special split, breeding is a major pain, the regional Dex is incredibly unbalanced, the storyline is paper-thin, and Kanto is just too flat and generic, and many of its routes are too short, although I loved the addition of Sevii Islands.

No. My first Pokemon game was the original Red version back when Pokemon debut. My favorite Pokemon game is White, due to having a great story, great, fleshed-out characters, the first female professor, an important message, a great Dex, and the fact that it forced players to start from scratch with no old Mons to fall back on.

My first was leafgreen, nah it’s not my favourite. But I have a lot of nostalgia for it and I think it’s a great game. Idk why but the art style and soundtrack sound so iconic (not just it’s kanto, but in general). The graphics hit that sweet spot of looking ‘retro’ but not dated. For some reason, I really like looking through the pokedex images of that game. Maybe it just brings me back to when I was a kid and absolutely hooked on all the possibilities and variation of pokemon there. It was really fun scouring through each biome and seeing what pokemon were available there

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom