• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Was the first Pokemon game you played your favorite?

AutumnTurnsCold

Reaction score
I've noticed a trend that most people's favorite game is the one they played first. Sapphire was the first ever video game for me, and the Hoenn games are still far and away my favorites. So I was wondering, what about you? What's your favorite as opposed to your first?

Well Blue was my first game but it's definitely not my favorite, although still extremely fun to play through. I'm actually not entirely sure which game is my all-time favorite but if I had to choose I'd say Ruby or HeartGold.

Ruby because I spent ages playing and I still replay it quite a lot and it still feels really fresh and fun. It was also the first game I played again when my interest in Pokemon was reignited after a couple of years of disinterest. HeartGold simply because it's pretty much an improved version of the GenII games, which I loved. Those two games also have some of the best music of all the Pokemon in my opinion.

Ruby was my first game, and it's definitely not my favorite. Granted, I LOOOOOOVVEE it, but Emerald, Platinum, and Gen V outshine it. Besides, I can never replay Ruby. It still has a few old Pokemon from when I was seven.

Emerald was my first pokemon game and was my favorite until Black 2 came out. And that might change again once X and Y come out.

I got red and blue at the same time when I was younger, so I don't remember which one was the first I played, but neither are my favorites. My favorites now are white2 and emerald, because white2 is pretty fun and I love the pokemon in it, and emerald because Hoenn is my favorite region. I'm currently replaying emerald while waiting for X and Y to come out, and the we'll see what's my favorite.

Not really. My first Pokémon game was Pokémon Blue, yet my favorite is Pokémon Black.

Blue was the first game I played and it definitely wasn't my favourite. I guess my favourite ever is Soul Silver. I mean, there's definitely a lot to be said for nostalgia but comparing the two, SS is in an entirely different league.

I think my first game was Yellow, but Kanto bores me to death, I like any of the Johto games the most, a lot of my favorite pokemon came in Gen II

My first was Diamond and I don't think Black was better than that, so yes.

Crystal was my first game, but honestly HGSS outshined it, and BW2 even more.

Even though the first Pokemon game that I played was Yellow I wouldn't call it my favorite game in the franchise. My favorite is actually Black Version.
Still, Yellow Version still holds a special place in my heart and I will hopefully continue to enjoy playing it in the future.

Well although my Crystal really set things in motion, Diamond is my favorite. I got my first lv.100, got my first legendary dragon and had sooo many fossils and more stones than steven stone with the underground. I like Crystal a lot but it barely missed the mark.

Well Blue was my first game but it's definitely not my favorite, although still extremely fun to play through. I'm actually not entirely sure which game is my all-time favorite but if I had to choose I'd say Ruby or HeartGold.

Ruby because I spent ages playing and I still replay it quite a lot and it still feels really fresh and fun. It was also the first game I played again when my interest in Pokemon was reignited after a couple of years of disinterest. HeartGold simply because it's pretty much an improved version of the GenII games, which I loved. Those two games also have some of the best music of all the Pokemon in my opinion.
Yeah Gen 2 had some awesome music and was so nostalgic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Emerald was my first game but I didn't enjoy that much. I think I was too young to really appreciate the game and I sold it after a few months. I much more enjoyed D/P/Pt and the games that followed.

Red Rescue Team was the first Pokemon game I ever played and it is probably my favorite side game, but the first main game I played was Diamond. It's a toss up between that, Emerald, and Platinum, but I'd lean more towards Platinum as being my favorite.

I think you can split up first game played in pokemon.

First game played as newbie to series.

First game as a more mature player understanding the deeper training/battle methods.

Gold was my first game and I truelly enjoyed it. However that was a youger different type of gamer. Me now looks at Gen 5 black with great fondness. The game I finally unpeeled the 2nd layer of depth. That game was the first I properly bred a pokemon and egg moves etc.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom