• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Was the first Pokemon game you played your favorite?

I honestly don't know what my favorite Pokemon game has been, but I know it's not the first I played. Which isn't completely fair because the first game I played was Yellow, but I played my brother's version, so I really played it for about 10 minutes. lol

The first game I ever owned was Fire Red. I like that game, but it's still not one of my favorites. That'd either go to Black or RSE.

Wow, not only do I agree with you on the original English voice actors, but also the games? We must share a similar taste in things when it comes to Pokémon! :D

HGSS ROCKED. I actually didn't take fondly to Gen IV as far as DPPt goes (moreso DP than Pt), but even I absolutely loved those games. Indeed, they were remakes of two of the strongest games in the series, and they definitely did them justice.

Coincidentally, I also LOVED Pokémon Colosseum and XD, too. I loved the whole RPG feel they took on as opposed to the Stadium and Battle Revolution series. It felt a lot more like the portable console games to me. :)

Haha, it's great to hear that somebody shares similar views to me. I pretty much enjoy all Pokemon games because of their fun factor, but some obviously stand above others for different reasons.

With Stadium being my first Pokemon game, it will always hold a special place in my heart and to this day I await a third game in that series. As I have already mentioned, I love the Orre games on the Gamecube, but the Stadium games are yet to be topped in terms of being a pure 3D battling sim experience. Battle Revolution was a disappointment for me, while Colosseum and XD were clearly more concentrated on the RPG elements.

Wow, not only do I agree with you on the original English voice actors, but also the games? We must share a similar taste in things when it comes to Pokémon! :D

HGSS ROCKED. I actually didn't take fondly to Gen IV as far as DPPt goes (moreso DP than Pt), but even I absolutely loved those games. Indeed, they were remakes of two of the strongest games in the series, and they definitely did them justice.

Coincidentally, I also LOVED Pokémon Colosseum and XD, too. I loved the whole RPG feel they took on as opposed to the Stadium and Battle Revolution series. It felt a lot more like the portable console games to me. :)

Haha, it's great to hear that somebody shares similar views to me. I pretty much enjoy all Pokemon games because of their fun factor, but some obviously stand above others for different reasons.

With Stadium being my first Pokemon game, it will always hold a special place in my heart and to this day I await a third game in that series. As I have already mentioned, I love the Orre games on the Gamecube, but the Stadium games are yet to be topped in terms of being a pure 3D battling sim experience. Battle Revolution was a disappointment for me, while Colosseum and XD were clearly more concentrated on the RPG elements.

Same here! I always felt like I was the only one who felt similarly on some of these things. :)

In terms of battling sim experience, I feel Stadium did the best job as well. I really liked Stadium 2. I loved how Ted Lewis was the Stadium Announcer like he was in the anime as well. :D

In terms of incorporating the RPG elements on the portable consoles, I feel Colosseum and XD did the best job of that. I also love how they had some hilarious villains to face and the awesome Shadow Lugia in XD.

I didn't like Battle Revolution for the most part...well, I did like hearing the Narrator of the anime from Seasons 1-6 and 9-present, Rodger Parsons, doing the battle commentary and talking about the 493 Pokémon at the time, but barring that...it let me down in many ways as well. ROFL.

It's hard to recommend Black over its sequels given the increased content in the latter, so I'm going to say no.

First game was Crystal, favorite game is B2. I think every generation is an improvement over the previous one so I always have a tendency to like newer games better.

My first was Red, but It's not my favourite. I think the game that gave me the most joy as a child was Yellow, which was the third Pokemon game I played, and the one that really got me hooked on the franchise.

Red was my first game, but was not my favorite. Emerald, Platinum, and White proved to be my favorites. Reasons being:

Emerald: Best of the Hoenn games, as well as the most interesting and gripping storyline for Gen III. Plus Hoenn is still my favorite region, and still holds many of my favorite Pokemon.

Platinum: Really a much better game than either Diamond or Pearl, improved a lot of mistakes, and Giratina is currently my favorite Legendary Mon. Made for a much more interesting plot.

White: While it was sort of a "reboot", so to speak, it was a major improvement from past gens. Lots of my favorites arrived in Gen V, a gripping, exciting story, heroes of legends, all that stuff really got my attention. ATM, White holds my favorite game, but Y might take that title soon.

Red's my first, but not my favorite. Favorite's tied between Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire and Black. And yes, I know Emerald is a bit different from Ruby/Sapphire, but when I first played Ruby(then Sapphire), something about it was just amazing for me. Probably the fact that it was just so different from the previous two games, bringing about a fresh and different sort of world - it was just more advanced and developed.

Black/White has one of the best storylines as well as character development. And it actually had quite some dark parts to it
(especially concerning N)

I've yet to finish my White 2, so I can't say anything about it yet in comparison to Black.

I've noticed a trend that most people's favorite game is the one they played first. Sapphire was the first ever video game for me, and the Hoenn games are still far and away my favorites. So I was wondering, what about you? What's your favorite as opposed to your first?

I really like sapphire as well. I never played platinum but I heard if you like sapphire and ruby you would like platinum, I think I want to give that one a try as well. But yeah, mark me down for sapphire!

First official game was Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and yes they are my fave, well tied with Diamond xD

I first played Emerald, and I would have to say yes, it is my favorite. :)

First game was Crystal, favorite game is B2. I think every generation is an improvement over the previous one so I always have a tendency to like newer games better.
Yeah, I agree, every generation was better than the previous one, although I can't say the same about every game, since I prefer Black & White over Black 2 & White 2.

My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Pinball for the Game Boy Advanced, so I wouldn't really call that my favorite. It was a lot of fun though.

My first game in the main series was Diamond, but I prefer Platinum over it and I would put that in my top favorites along with Black 2 and Emerald.

I think so. Pokemon Gold is my favourite game of all time, even though Heartgold is technically better than it in every way. I guess it's just nostalgia.

Eh, I wouldn't say so. My first was Blue, yet I thought all the later games were better in most aspects - with the tweaks and improvements in learned moves and lots of great new features that newer generations brought to the table.

My first game was Blue, but I wouldn't call it my favorite. It was awesome enough to get me into the series, sure. My favorite game would have to be Crystal. I loved the animations (though I like the Gold/Silver sprites in general too). Crystal was a lot more polished; I felt like I was playing a game that was the greatest step forward since I played Blue. I could also play as a female trainer for the first time.

All of the 'third' games are pretty awesome, I'd have to say.

My first Pokemon game was SoulSilver. It is still my all time favorite even after playing a lot of other games. I'm doing a second Playthrough on it now.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom