• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Way to reduce the number of legendaries in B/W

That's because it was gereration ONE. This will be FIVE. And it'll be boring because they did that with gen I.

So it wouldn't be boring at all if they did the same thing they have done for the past three generations- but it would be boring if they do something they haven't done in over 10 years? I don't follow your logic.

The Heatran hate in this thread is depressing. I liked it. :'( It had a part in the Charon/Stark Mountain plot in Pt.

I have to disagree. I liked how Sinnoh had an overload of legendaries. It gave more variety. IMO, Kanto had too few of legendaries.

And I'd rather have to legendary box mascots than the final form of two starters.

So you do not care in the slightest that the title of legendary means absolutely jack shit now? There should be only a few of them. Gen 1 almost had it perfect by making the legends pretty much non-plot-centric. They had a mysterious feel to them- like the monsters of myth and legends should have.

So you do not care in the slightest that the title of legendary means absolutely jack shit now? There should be only a few of them. Gen 1 almost had it perfect by making the legends pretty much non-plot-centric. They had a mysterious feel to them- like the monsters of myth and legends should have.

But the title doesn't mean jack shit now. Just because there are more legendaries doesn't mean that 'legendary' doesn't mean more than they used to. Arceus/Palkia/Dialga/Giratina had a much more mysterious feel to them than Mewtwo/Mew ever did, IMO.

But this is just my opinion.

I hate Heatran, should just carry on with him in B/W and downgrade him from legendary.

So it wouldn't be boring at all if they did the same thing they have done for the past three generations- but it would be boring if they do something they haven't done in over 10 years? I don't follow your logic.

I'm saying it wouldn't be as special. Like, ONLY gen I gets the starters. And the new legendaries wouldn't seem as specal, even if they were the most important thing in the game. Just cuz' they're not on the box.

Can I point out that Heatran seemed more of a Red Gyrados or Sudowoodo to me? Or maybe Snorlax. You get what I mean.

Also, how was Mewtwo not special? Even in the gen it was released in (you know, where it wasn't on the boxes) it was an absolute beast! Since then, it's power has dropped a bit but not its popularity.

I don't mind having a lot of ledgendaries in a game. to me that just means more content, but Gen. four was pushing it. Were Phione, Heatran and TWO mew rip-offs really necessary?

I really like the way they handled the event legendaries this generation though. releasing them with the movies and making in game events available. I liked how they handled all the events this generation.

...5 sounds like a somewhat reasonable number, but why not 7-8? I mean 5 is enough for only 1 trio and 1 duo (version mascots). Maybe 2 more as trio masters and an extra one for rarity or a new idea.

I am all about Cresselia and Darkrai.

I am all about downgrading Darkrai from a stupid, stupid event (I hate even pokemon).

I am all about making Heatran a 5th-Genner (hell, that could be WHY it was a legendary in 4. And extinction is clearly not an issue in this world. The fact that two old people can breed me a billion Anorith can attest to that).

I am all about the stuff people I agree with are saying, and I am not all about the stuff people I disagree with are saying.

I actually didn't mind the Legendaries either, but maybe because, for the most part, I liked them.

I think 3 box legends, a trio, something related to the trio (maybe not a leader, but an enemy) and 1 event for a total of 8 legendaries would be a decent number.

Wow, what's with all the "stop having fun, guys"?

If you don't like catching a ton of legendaries, then don't freaking catch them, and let those of us who do like them go about having fun. It's really not that hard.

Wow, what's with all the "stop having fun, guys"?

If you don't like catching a ton of legendaries, then don't freaking catch them, and let those of us who do like them go about having fun. It's really not that hard.

I just don't like a bunch of legendaries I can't get because they're event-only. That's not fun.

Fair point, but how does "fewer event legendaries" necessarily mean "fewer legendaries in general"? I'm all for going back to only one or two event ones, but I personally love searching all over the place for a bunch of legends, especially if it's something involved like the Regi quests in both RSE and Platinum.

I dunno, it just seems... overabundant? I for one have more fun evolving pokemon, so fewer legendaries means more... crapsack pokemon, which you generally have to evolve to get all of.

That's right. At the very least, a Pokemon is worth a Pokemon. There's a 1:1 ratio.

For every legendary you have, you could turn it into a regular Pokemon. Perhaps 2 if you feel like a legend is worth that much. And of course, that means you'll get to interact with, see, battle, capture, and use that Pokemon on your team, instead of pining after some super-important legendary skulking off in a cave somewhere.

When I think of a legendary... I usually don't see it as a good opportunity to have on my team, for a number of reasons: catching it too late in the game; feeling overpowered with an unfair advantage; crappy typing; event legends (as was mentioned); and whatever else. They're more like glorified trophies to keep in my box, to shuffle around when it's time to complete another Poke Dex, rather than Pokemon. They're usually single-capture, unique, hard to catch Pokemon, even harder to get with good stats, and no way to modify that.

The whole point of the games is to get myself a good team and beat the story. I get more use out of the various route Pokemon than I do a legendary Pokemon.

I hate Heatran, should just carry on with him in B/W and downgrade him from legendary.

I actually liked Heatran a lot for the reason that it was like a random side legendary. It was almost hidden which is the same for its mythology and I think we need more of that tbh and less of a main plot which comes to a head with the boss battle of the legendary pokémon for that version.

Also, as far as box art pokémon go, lets have random pokémon on the boxes from said generation e.g. gen 3 could've had pokémon like Castform & Relicanth and Gen V could feature Zoroark.

Don't like dem legendaries? Don't catch 'em. Don't like their stories? Write fanfiction or don't catch 'em.

More legends= more toys, more events, more animé episodes, more manga chapters, more potential for story more OU/UU/Uber in other words more everything, including money.

Also, Heatran got enough story with Charon and other Galactics, Looker, Buck and Buck's Grandpa. Cresselia got enough with that sailor's kid, Lunar Wing, Darkrai and her island. Didn't like it? Then just say "I didn't like it".

Don't like dem legendaries? Don't catch 'em. Don't like their stories? Write fanfiction or don't catch 'em.

More legends= more toys, more events, more animé episodes, more manga chapters, more potential for story more OU/UU/Uber in other words more everything, including money.

Also, Heatran got enough story with Charon and other Galactics, Looker, Buck and Buck's Grandpa. Cresselia got enough with that sailor's kid, Lunar Wing, Darkrai and her island. Didn't like it? Then just say "I didn't like it".

Well, looking at the thread, that's pretty much all people are doing. This is an internet forum: people aren't doing anything BUT saying things. So.... there ya go.

The animé does NOT need a legendary plot to flesh it out. The original series didnt and that was the best one IMO.

tbh, I just wish a lot of the legendary plots were hidden, like side quests activated by events (as with Sinjoh ruins) or something. Less shoving the legendaries down our throats please.

The animé does NOT need a legendary plot to flesh it out. The original series didnt and that was the best one IMO.

tbh, I just wish a lot of the legendary plots were hidden, like side quests activated by events (as with Sinjoh ruins) or something. Less shoving the legendaries down our throats please.

It has struck me as odd that every legendary now gets two plots: movie and show.

And, as an extension of the less shoving it down our throats thing, we could have fewer nonlegends—SPIRITOMB—that are a massive pain in the ass to catch.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom