• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Wayward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
uZPycsN.png

Making the leave from his car, Lucas Cho began to walk towards a tall, brick building. He was dressed in a light jacket, some skinny jeans, and a beanie. He sighed. Life as a college student in Eastwood City wasn't easy, and it wasn't much easier when the grading system was against you. Anatomy, his worst enemy of a class, was causing his grades to plummet (not that his other grades were so hot). And he was an art student. It was actually quite embarrassing for him.

Lucas pushed the front doors open, feeling the light brush of the cool air on him. This was definitely the guidance building. The look of depressed students and administration workers confirmed that one. Glancing down at the small piece of paper in his hand, Lucas sighed yet again. "This blows," he muttered.

After minutes of searching, Lucas finally found the room he was looking for. He walked inside slowly.

"Hello? M'am?" he asked, glancing towards the woman at the desk. She was clearly years older than him, and she wore a tired expression. "I'm here to talk about my grades?"

"Ah yes, Mr. Cho," she said, stacking some papers on her desk. "Sit down."

Lucas uneasily approached her, slowly reclining back in the wooden chair. He could feel himself start to sweat.

"Now, your GPA is currently..." she began to say, squinting at the paper below her. "Oh my God, a 1.63?"

"Yes," he squeaked, his heart beginning to beat a tad quicker. A lot of personal things had been going on in his life, so studying became horribly difficult. He found no time for drawing or painting like he used to - it just all didn't click.

"You keep on failing classes," the woman continued. "Though on the phone you were asking for any opportunities to raise this?"

"Yes," he quietly said again, avoiding her stare.

"I'm afraid there's no way to do this," she explained, placing the paper in her hand down. Lucas quickly glanced up at her in shock, an almost helpless expression on his face. "You can't just do extra credit like that. However, with you retaking these classes, that has to cost money, yeah?"

Lucas nodded his head.

"So, I have a way you can earn a decent sum of money to pay for a good majority of your income. No one else wanted to take the job," she then said, looking at Lucas.

"What's the job?"

"You have to house a few exchange students for a while. You commute, right? So it would be no problem," the woman said with a laugh. "And I called your parents before you came in. They're fine with it since it means good money."

"House exchange students?" Lucas asked. "How many are there?"

"Maybe three? I didn't get an exact number. The woman who visited was pretty vague." What Lucas didn't know is that the school was donated thousands of dollars in exchange for finding someone to house these exchange students. It was a mysterious offer, but one the school couldn't refuse.

"I mean, it's not like I have any other choice," Lucas quietly said. "And are you sure it will pay for my tuition?"

The woman slowly nodded, a slight smirk on her face as she did so.

"Okay, I'll do it."

---​

Meanwhile, a woman was shouting orders at a large group of teenagers. Corralling them all onto a bus, they all took their own seats and waited to see what she would say. Tristan, one of the many, was growing annoyed at this. They just left the college, and now they were being shipped off to some alien's house. It was nothing like home, and he hated it. Absolutely hated it.

His training on Earth would hopefully go by quick; the thought of staying for long sicked him. If all went well, he would go back to Pliri soon.

He remained quiet as the bus began to ride to the Chos' house. @Yun;

(( @Ib All Alone; @Winter Rain; @FinalArcadia; @progressforth; @Flaze; @Yang Xiao Long; @Asthaerignon; @Neopolitan; Hey guys! Here it is! Just have your OC going on the bus, and have them think about their new life on Earth. While I control the Chos, Yun will control you guys for now. If you need any refreshers on the plot, just check with the sign up thread! Any questions? PM or VM Yun or I about it. Have fun!))

(I forgot my characters name and can't find the sign up, I'll just mention it in my next post. Also, yeah short introductory)

The girl with the short cut hair walked silently down the side walk, she noticed every crack and made sure to avoid letting her feet touch them. Most of her clothing was new, but tight fit. She saw the bus curve around the corner and jut to a stop, she climbed up the steps. She made a weak smile, she'd never been to Earth, but she always loved the idea of exploration and studying things she didn't understand. Like her power, and why it backfires on her often. She often has to suffer the misfortune of thinking about picking up an object, and have it come flying in her face before she could make a proper decision.

She looked in front of her, the seats were nearly empty, she picked a seat close to the middle, everyone says the back seats are safer, but they are no better than the front seats.

Last edited:
Taiga sat close to the back, staring absently out the window. She wasn't happy in the slightest of having to live in such an alien atmosphere for gods knew how long; the short-tempered teenager narrowed her fiery amber eyes in irritation. The tawny-haired girl kept silent, though the tension surrounding her seemed to voice her growing desire to break someone's legs.

Max sat near the back of the bus at an empty window seat, a stupid grin on his face as he looked outside at the place they called 'Earth.' It wasn't Pliri, that was for sure, and he was glad.

Terrance sat alone in the back of the bus, looking out the windows as the streets whizzed by. He already loved Earth. The lights and the sounds and the electronics and all the various bits and pieces of technology... he had even seen what one of the Earthlings called... he thought it was a 'smartfone'... and it worked like a mirror and yet it was handheld. It fascinated him, and he could only imagine what other treasures Earth held in store.

Vera looked out the window toward the bright lights of the outside world. She picked up her prosthetic hand and placed it on the window without thinking. Suddenly a crack materialized just below her fingertip. She grimaced and pulled the metal hand away, she should know not to touch things with her hand-wand.

Michael wasn't too surprised at what he found. He'd read about Earth when he found out where he was going; the culture was strange to him, as well as the technology they had, but he was at least aware of this dimension's basic information.

Still, it was beautiful to look at.

The bus turned down a bend, heading into a neighborhood. The children on the inside would be able to see the line of houses, all rather large with - relatively - foreign architecture from those found on Pliri.

Asyrah sat at the helm of the bus, reading over a list of the children there. As they neared their destination, she spoke up. "Everyone, we're closing in on the Cho Residence. I'll call your names one-by-one; speak up or I'll consider you absent."

With that, the woman began to call off their names.

Michael responded when he heard his name. "Present."

@Prez; @Ib All Alone; @Winter Rain; @FinalArcadia; @progressforth; @Flaze; @Yang Xiao Long; @Asthaerignon; @Neopolitan;

"This really stinks," Natalie groaned to herself as she sat on the bus, resting her head against her hand, her shoulder on the window next to her seat as she looked out to see the neighborhoods the bus went through. She had to admit it was certainly a different feel from her home but Earth wasn't that special to her, at least not until she found somethn that really interested her. "Doesn't help that I gotta be stuck with so many other people," she said, looking at the other kids and frowning in annoyance at the thought of her parents sending her there.

"Present," she replied half-heartedly when her name was called.

Vera picked up her head, she looked at the person calling her name. She pulled a weak grin, "Present." She left her hand in the air for a slightly prolonged time span, then quickly put it down.

With her head flung back against the bus seat, Noelle kept her eyes closed as the group's destination drew near. She wanted to appear calm, but her mind was abuzz with activity. She certainly hoped that Earth would prove simple enough to get used to and be a place where she could excel, but it was impossible to keep some worry from bubbling up inside her. Lost in her thoughts, it took her a moment to register the voice at the head of the bus who had called her name.

"Present," she responded brusquely. She had jolted up straight and opened her eyes for the first time since the bus ride began; it was time to cast her worries to the side for the time being and get serious.

Tristan began to absentmindedly play with his wand, a long, light blue rod with a small gem placed on top. Tracing the swirly designs on his seat proved to be mildly entertaining, and not to mention, it was far more superior than staring out his window. Now wasn't the time to have his thoughts wander.

"Here," he said, letting his wand lazily sway while doing so. However, before he knew it, a bright flash eminated from the gem on his wand, effectively blinding everyone on the bus.

The whole entire vehicle erupted with flashy glitter, a loud 'boom' soon following the explosion that took place. Numerous windows shattered, and part of the bus' frame was horribly distorted. The driver, obviously distracted by this incident, suddenly threw his hands away from the wheel. This caused the bus to swerve, immediately spiraling the large, black vehicle off the road.

A large mushroom of glitter was left in its wake, with the students left stunned and clueless.

---

After a long drive, Lucas was finally minutes away from his house. With some classic 80s jams playing on his radio, he was clearly enjoying himself by shamelessly singing along. He finally had a way of paying for his tuition, and for him, a huge weight was lifted off of his shoulders. Sure, the whole thing was pretty shady, but he saw no reason why not to trust the guidance department. All he would have to do was house some foreign kids.

Did he even know what country they were from? Like, did they speak English? He sure as hell didn't know. And why should he? He was almost positive his parents did, as they apparently discussed everything before Lucas even knew about it.

Just as he was about to make the right turn onto his street, the young male spotted a huge cloud of... glitter?

His grip on the wheel tightened as he attemped to look close. "What the hell is that?" he quietly questioned himself. In a spur of the moment decision, he quickly drove the car down another road, speeding towards the puff of glitter. Reasoning for it? An artist like him just lived for new discoveries, so it was totally worth it. Those Swedish kids, or whatever they were, could wait.

Natalie was completly shock and taken aback by the sudden glittery explosions and flashes of life that began taking place, only for things to get even more chaotic. Before she knew it the bus had stopped and everything had gone straight to hell...and she loved it. "That was awesome!" she called out, laughing madly. "Let's do it again!"

Vera gasped as the bus flung wildly, and suddenly a storm of glass shards shot away from her. She realized what she did, but she didn't catch into the consequences of the mistake at first. All she could think about was the magical feat she performed. I controlled more than one object at once!

Of course, they were just tiny glass shards, but she was excited. And then she realized what she did. The shards slapped against the roof of the bus, then rained down like crystal fog.

"Present," Taiga called out, prior to the glittery explosion. She blinked, but said nothing more. Her murderous amber gaze resumed staring out the window.

Up until her name being called, Eira was rather quiet. Her baby blues almost appeared to have a frozen appearance as her skin was a porcelain tone. She looked out the window, and kept to herself. The moment her name was called, she turned her attention to the source of the sound.

"I'm present," she replied before looking back out the window, tuning out the rest of the sounds and sights. She didn't like the idea of being on this planet, and until she was home, she wouldn't be content being here. However, she kept her objections to herself and did as she was told.

Having been lost in thought, Hans was mildly startled when the bus exploded. He jerked quickly toward the window, letting go of his lunchbox. After the glitter cleared, he watched somberly as the lunch bounced off down the road behind him. He mournfully sniffled a single time before returning to his daydreaming. When his name was called, he mumbled "here" and waved awkwardly for several seconds, even though he was sitting closest to the driver.

As the commotion reached her ears, Taiga's anger began rising within her, past her threshold. Letting out a growl, the dwarfed teenager curled one hand into a fist, her temper threatening to snap in an instant. Taking a deep breath, she tried to calm herself down, directing her murderous amber gaze in the general direction of the explosion - glaring dead into the eyes of Tristan.

"Hey kid how did you do that?" Natalie asked, walking over towards Tristan, ignoring the fact that she was completely covered in glitter and shining like a Twilight vampire due to Tristan's own magic. "It was the best type of detour ever," she said before noticing Taiga glaring at her. "Someone looks pissed."

Tristan remained in shock, glitter covering him from head to toe. He knew he was in deep trouble, but for now, he was just stunned. Eyes were all on him, but all he could do was nervously laugh. Looking at Natalie he said, "Well, that was a pretty radical trick, am I right?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom