• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"We Are The World" 2010! Do We Like it??

Steven

is against stoning.
Reaction score
I need to give my cent or two on this.

Firstly, I really didn't like the inclusion of people that weren't even alive long enough to remember the first version, namely Justin Bieber and the Jonas Brothers. Personally, I will download this song, but only to make the donation; I won't keep it due to the former beginning this song off in an undeserving position.

Second, the rapping: completely unnecessary and musically disrespectful to this song. Of course, this song was to be more modern than it's predecessor, but nonetheless, it should be said that rap (and R & B, to some extent) doesn't due music in general any justice.

Thirdly, and more postively, go Celine Dion! Really, her solo is awe-inspiring.

Fourth, it was only right to include Michael Jackson's original solo in on this one as well. How nice.

So, does anyone have any critiques or applause to show on this?

I need to give my cent or two on this.

Firstly, I really didn't like the inclusion of people that weren't even alive long enough to remember the first version, namely Justin Bieber and the Jonas Brothers. Personally, I will download this song, but only to make the donation; I won't keep it due to the former beginning this song off in an undeserving position.
Well they are popular among the teenagers, you know kids who have parents who have money? Yeah. Oh and who knows maybe those artists actually, you know, CARE about this...
Second, the rapping: completely unnecessary and musically disrespectful to this song. Of course, this song was to be more modern than it's predecessor, but nonetheless, it should be said that rap (and R & B, to some extent) doesn't due music in general any justice.
It's the modern style of music that is very popular and a lot of people like it, even if you hate it there are many others who do like it and since it's popular it also appeals to the "younger" audience who will go out and most likely buy the song. I don't understand how it can have some rock and roll in the song but when it has rap/pop in it it's disrespectful, while Michael Jackson was singing in the Pop genera. :p

So, does anyone have any critiques or applause to show on this?
I didn't like the original so no I do not like this one either :p

it's a terrible song, no matter how many times they re-do it :|
i lol'd at justin bieber. can't stand that little twit.
i kind of liked the rap addition though... an entire rap version would've been cool. now that i might listen to willingly B)

I havent heard the new version of this yet but it sounds awful fromn what i have read
As for the rapping?
why not!
They got Dizzee Rascal to rapn on Band Aid 20

I don't like it, but I'll would help haiti by donating. Happy they included Michael Jackson's solo, though.

^No bearing on this topic whatsoever.

Not a big fan of the song itself, but the collaborative effort of all those artists is kind of cool to see. Not every day you got Justin Beiber singing in the same song as Kanye West.

I disagree that the rapping was direspectful to the song. The point of the song is to represent how people from all walks of life need to come together during tough times...that's why they bring together all those artists: to show that. so the rap artists are simply representing their genre.

^No bearing on this topic whatsoever.

oops! This is what happens after I leave the board for a while. To make it a short story short. I have Mixed feelings about it I liked some things about it but not the autotune.

oops! This is what happens after I leave the board for a while. To make it a short story short. I have Mixed feelings about it I liked some things about it but not the autotune.

No, it's okay. That wasn't even meant for you! I think the mods kindly deleted the post that my post was to be directed to, which was before mine, but was after yours. ^^;

Back
Top Bottom