• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

We didn't get it...

FabuVinny

May the Aura be with you.
Reaction score
The dub goes straight from "Solid as a Solrock" to the Drake episode, (dub title: "Vanity Affair"). The narrator tells us that it is fresh from his seventh Gym badge, so it looks like 4Kids don't have the Whiscash earthquake episode.

Last edited:
What a shame. Still, the Japanese didn't get it, so there's really no room for anyone to complain...

Maybe it will still air on KidsWB. Afterall this IS the UK we're talking about.

The narrator says that this is fresh from his seventh Gym battle. And why would being in the UK affect it? We got the first Jynx episode, while none of us got "The Ice Cave".

It's 100% confirmed that "Vanity Affair" is the Drake episode? If you've only learned the title, it wouldn't be right to assume. Episodes get strange titles all the time, "Vanity Affair" may be the title of the Barboach episode.

Or not.

Huh?

I'm confused....

Did I read that right?

I mean, they banned another episode worldwide?

That doesn't make sense.

*reads the rest of the posts*

Oh, the Whiscash earthquake episode?

So, was that the episode that was supposed to air in Japan, but didn't, because they had all of those earthquarkes or something??

Well, even if it didn't air in Japan, I still think they could air it in the U.S., especially if they dubbed it.

FabuVinny said:
The dub goes straight from "Solid as a Solrock" to the Drake episode, (dub title: "Vanity Affair"). The narrator tells us that it is fresh from his seventh Gym badge, so it looks like 4Kids don't have the Whiscash earthquake episode.

Why would they put a line like that in, if they have the potential to air the episode in between that and the gym episode? Honestly...
Perhaps they'll put it out on the DVDs in Japan and other countries?

If Tvtokyo didn't give 4kids the tape, how do you expect it to be dubbed? TVTokyo simply didn't include it in 4kids order.

Aww....

That's really sad. :-(

So, I guess that adds another banned episode to the list then.

Unless, does anyone know whether it was dubbed or not?

fruitsmoothierevenge said:
Why would they put a line like that in, if they have the potential to air the episode in between that and the gym episode? Honestly...
Perhaps they'll put it out on the DVDs in Japan and other countries?

It's already been passed over in the Japanese DVDs.

Azure Syaoran said:
It's 100% confirmed that "Vanity Affair" is the Drake episode? If you've only learned the title, it wouldn't be right to assume. Episodes get strange titles all the time, "Vanity Affair" may be the title of the Barboach episode.

Or not.
No. We got that title from it being aired in Britain yesterday. In fact, I think my opening post might have been the first place on the net where the title was posted.

Ah well. I'm looking forward to some of the later Advance Battle episodes, so I'll just get to see them sooner.

PokemonTrainerLisa said:
Unless, does anyone know whether it was dubbed or not?

No, because it looks like TV-Tokyo didn't give them the tape. 4Kids can't dub an episode they don't have the video for.

*is steamed* that kid looked interesting!
Well, maybe we can do a fandub or something. I can do a good Ash and get kind of close to Brock and recently discovered I can do a perfect James. (I can do lots of stuff)
And who cares if it was a filler episode. Sullivan, Natasha, Miyu, Millie, Tommy, Nicolai, Mary, Chigusa and a bunch of other pwning characters were in filler episodes and some of them were even better than Ash and May in coolness.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom