• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Weavile Vs Mightyena

Esquilo09

Reaction score
This thread is for those who are fans of Weavile and Mightyena and I always wanted to know which one is more popular?
Feel free to share your opnions(positive or negative ones), you can also tell your opnions if Weavile and Mightyena deserve or not to have Mega evolution in the future Pokémon Z or XY2 or next gen, you can tell which type combination and moves or stats changes they should have in their mega form.

Last edited:
I love them both, but I prefer Weavile design wise just a bit more. It's so sly and badass looking. I love it. It's also my favorite ice-type.

Mightyena is pretty awesome too. In OR, my Mightyena was definitely the star member of my team. There were so many battles I won because of her, something I already knew, but was further proven to me when she turned out to be the team member who appeared most during the ending.

I don't care whether they get megas or not. I'd probably never use them anyway.

Weavile - better stats, more useful movepool & I always found it amusing to use a tiny Pokemon like that as a Dragon-buster (STAB Ice Punch! Down you go!)
I like the look of
Mightyena, but they're a bit too limited I just noticed that Bulbapedia says they're based on hyenas, I always thought they were wolves

I'm not sure if it's fair to compare the two, since they're pretty different Pokemon whose usefulness and roles in a team don't really resemble or foil the other. Mightyena is a well-rounded and fairly reliable Pokemon that evolves from common early-road vermin at a low level. None of its stats spike very much, although attack is somewhat higher. Its design is a nice example of creativity on Game Freak's part, taking inspiration from the less-famous striped hyena instead of using the well-known spotted hyena.

Weavile is a good example of a lot of things: a good cross-gen evo, a good Ice type, and an excellent glass cannon. Unlike Mightyena, Weavile ditches balance and goes for broke on both high speed and high attack. It's pretty much what a "Thief" class would be like; high speed, very high damage output, but low defenses that'll get it crushed if it doesn't beat its foe fast enough. It has many weaknesses thanks to its type combination, and if it gets hit by just about any supereffective physical move, it'll lose at least half its HP every time. As far as appearance goes, Weavile's excellent. Its Platinum sprite is an excellent example of dynamic spritework that I kind of miss now.

I guess I like Weavile more. Using it is sometimes like a risky gamble, but it can often OHKO strong foes effortlessly. Mightyena's reliable, but lacks the sheer offensive power Weavile has.

I love them both, but I prefer Weavile design wise just a bit more. It's so sly and badass looking. I love it. It's also my favorite ice-type.

Mightyena is pretty awesome too. In OR, my Mightyena was definitely the star member of my team. There were so many battles I won because of her, something I already knew, but was further proven to me when she turned out to be the team member who appeared most during the ending.

I don't care whether they get megas or not. I'd probably never use them anyway.

That's an excellent opnion and Weavile is also my favorite, but not favorite type and yes favorite species, because it is very awesome, fast, agile and yes, beautiful.

I also have a Mightyena on my team in OR, it's a Mightyena who knows Thunder Fang.

Last edited:
There should be an option for both!! I love both Pokemon in their own ways- given my long love of mustelids, I'd go more with weavile (slightly based on weasel)

I don't care for either of them, but if I have to choose, I prefer Weavile. Mightyena is boring and a wolf. The latter in particular makes me want to kick it off a steep cliff. I hate wolves.

Before somebody points it out, I know it's not technically a wolf, but it's close enough. Screw Mightyena. Stupid wolf.

Last edited:
There should be an option for both!! I love both Pokemon in their own ways- given my long love of mustelids, I'd go more with weavile (slightly based on weasel)
Sorry, I didn't know, does anybody know how to edit a poll?

having an option for "both" or "none" in these polls defeats the purpose of a poll in the first place imo

that said I did try to edit it myself, but it seems I lack such powers, much to my dismay. You might be able to edit it via the "thread tools" at the top of the op, I guess? Dunno if you can edit an already created poll or not.

Last edited:
having an option for "both" or "none" in these polls defeats the purpose of a poll in the first place imo

that said I did try to edit it myself, but it seems I lack such powers, much to my dismay. You might be able to edit it via the "thread tools" at the top of the op, I guess? Dunno if you can edit an already created poll or not.

We've had trouble with editing polls in the past. I can't remember if we ever figured out how to do it or not. Also in general both and neither options are fine, and sometimes joke answers too (as long as it's clear it's a joke answer).

Mightyena doesn't do much for me personally. I'm not a HUGE fan of Weavile, but it has a more interesting design and it's much better in battle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am one of the few who went for Mightyena. Mightyena kinda reminds me of my own dog: he looks a bit fierce just like the Dark-type Hoenn Pokemon, but he is actually really nice to those he knows. I even put Mighyena on one of my in-game teams once and it did quite well.

I still like Weavile though. I mean, it gives me several reasons to hate it--it always seems to destroy almost any team I make, every time I use it, it seems to fail, and it is often a pain to get due to such a strange evolution method compared to just leveling up--but I still like its design and its portrayal in the anime. I just like Mightyena's concept better though, so that's why I chose it instead.

I am one of the few who went for Mightyena. Mightyena kinda reminds me of my own dog: he looks a bit fierce just like the Dark-type Hoenn Pokemon, but he is actually really nice to those he knows. I even put Mighyena on one of my in-game teams once and it did quite well.

I still like Weavile though. I mean, it gives me several reasons to hate it--it always seems to destroy almost any team I make, every time I use it, it seems to fail, and it is often a pain to get due to such a strange evolution method compared to just leveling up--but I still like its design and its portrayal in the anime. I just like Mightyena's concept better though, so that's why I chose it instead.

Does your dog is a German Shepherd or a Siberian Husky or an Alaskan Malamute?

He is actually a German Shepard and Pit Bull mix so you got it partially correct with your first guess. He's quite a dark color which is one of the reasons I thought of my dog when I thought of Mightyena. I guess you can probably see now why I picked Mightyena now since they are remarkably similar to my dog.

He is actually a German Shepard and Pit Bull mix so you got it partially correct with your first guess. He's quite a dark color which is one of the reasons I thought of my dog when I thought of Mightyena. I guess you can probably see now why I picked Mightyena now since they are remarkably similar to my dog.

That make sense, an excellent reason for voting.

Oh, I love mightyena! I'd been waiting for ages to get one, and then in Alpha Sapphire, I finally could! With Ice Fang, no less! She wasn't exactly the fiercest member of my team, considering I also used an OP blaziken, and a linoone who I strongly suspect may be a distant relative of Giratina, but I still found mightyena utterly adorable.

I do like weavile, a bit. It's good fun to use in battle, and looks very stylish and sneaky, but mightyena takes this easily for me.

To answer the mega question, I don't think either of them should have megas. I don't see there's anywhere their designs can go without being ruined like so many others which, particularly in mightyena's case, would be a huge shame.

Oh, I love mightyena! I'd been waiting for ages to get one, and then in Alpha Sapphire, I finally could! With Ice Fang, no less! She wasn't exactly the fiercest member of my team, considering I also used an OP blaziken, and a linoone who I strongly suspect may be a distant relative of Giratina, but I still found mightyena utterly adorable.

I do like weavile, a bit. It's good fun to use in battle, and looks very stylish and sneaky, but mightyena takes this easily for me.

To answer the mega question, I don't think either of them should have megas. I don't see there's anywhere their designs can go without being ruined like so many others which, particularly in mightyena's case, would be a huge shame.
I see, that's a good opnion, keep going my friend and never give up on what you desire.

WOOF WOOF PEASANTS, CAPTAIN BITE IS HERE.

Not that I don't like Weavile but Mightyena is a scary looking doggy.
THAT NEEDS A MEGA.

Of course my opinion is biased.

WOOF WOOF PEASANTS, CAPTAIN BITE IS HERE.

Not that I don't like Weavile but Mightyena is a scary looking doggy.
THAT NEEDS A MEGA.

Of course my opinion is biased.
That's a good opnion, keep dreaming for one day Mightyena get a mega.

I don't care for either of them, but if I have to choose, I prefer Weavile. Mightyena is boring and a wolf. The latter in particular makes me want to kick it off a steep cliff. I hate wolves.

Before somebody points it out, I know it's not technically a wolf, but it's close enough. Screw Mightyena. Stupid wolf.
Well, it is actually a Pokémon, not a wolf :p

I must say I prefer Mightyena in terms of design, but Weavile is the better and far more unique Pokémon. Sadly I dislike most if not all of its sprites and models in the games.

Weavile, it is sleek, quick and hits hard. I like Mightyena, too, but its stats are a letdown.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom