• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Weavile VS Yanmega

Zwampert

Loch Ness Monster
Reaction score
Weavile.png

VS
Yanmega.png

Who do you like the most? The Sneaky Weasel or the Ogre Darner?

Idungetit
what do these two have in common? Yanmega, by the way.

I dislike Weavile, so Yanmega.

Yanmega would have my vote if it was bug/rock, but since it isnt I went with Weavile.

Yanmega would win. Here's an analysis:

Turn one:
Yanmega used Protect!
Yanmega protected itself!
Weavile used Ice Punch/Ice Shard!
But it failed!
Yanmega's Speed Boost raised its Speed!

Turn two (if Weavile has Ice Punch):
Yanmega used Bug Buzz!
It's super effective!
Weavile fainted!

Turn two (if Weavile has Ice Shard):
Weavile used Ice Shard!
It's super effective!
Yanmega used Bug Buzz!
It's super effective!
Weavile fainted!

Yanmega has reasonable Defense to take an Ice Shard with. And with one Speed Boost, it outpaces that speed-demon of an ice weasel. Bug Buzz kills it off in all cases, unless it has a Sash.

Nevertheless, I've always preferred Weavile.

Yanmega suits me better and I love Speed Boots ability. There's nothing really wrong with Weavile, but it just isn't a type of Pokémon I'd like that much. And bugs needs more love than ice types anyway!

These topics are so random. Sometimes random is not kewl.

and Weavile all the way.

I'm a huge fan of them both, to be honest, and both have served me well, but I think that Weavile has the edge here.

Yanmega, not only because of its design, but also because of its ability (Tinted Lens), which allows it to hit every Pokemon neutrally with the Bug/Flying combination.

This was a hard one! I fucking love them both and if I go to typing, I love them both the same. I had a Yanmega in HG and it was so brilliant, it beat Claire single-handedly at, like, 2 levels below all her pokémon. ♥
I still chose Weavile. I just love its design too much. So sad.

Weavile. One of the first revealed gen IV poké's. Manyula. He's just cooler.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom