• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Web advertisement reveals more English names: More localizations emerge from triple b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Web advertisement reveals more English names: More localizations emerge from trip

You could've not looked at it/all of it, though...

Except how was anyone supposed to know (at the time) that the list was real?

Re: Web advertisement reveals more English names: More localizations emerge from trip

Im realy liking the name Haxorus seems to fit that pokemon very well =D

Heh. Purrloin makes me think of steak.
Love Galvantula, though.

BWAHAHA!!! That's exactly what I thought the first time I saw that. :lol:

Too bad Emolga is not a typo.

Can someone please link to that ad?

EDIT; nOPE, Not The Right One
I Think This Is It, may be wrong, Triple Battle English Commercial
Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBBa83TEw4
and to think that people still think that th elist is fake...

The list is real Bulbapedia!

EDIT; nOPE, Not The Right One
I Think This Is It, may be wrong, Triple Battle English Commercial
Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBBa83TEw4

That's an earlier video...

and to think that people still think that the list is fake...

It's not so much about people "still think that the list is fake." Bulbapedia has its own policies regarding what should or should not be changed. I'm not sure a lot of people (myself included) can even begin to understand the gravity of running a website with hundreds of search pages and editing several pages at once to accomodate the names of each and every pokemon. Every single search associated with that pokemon must be changed right down to the letter.

It's much more convenient for Bulbapedia to update at its own pace (what should be changed based on information that can be supported by fact as opposed to what everybody wants to be updated.) Things like this don't happen in a day.

This literally takes hours at a time.

i know, i was talking about other people, i agree with BP's Ways

lol, too many people focus on the Audio part of Audino. But truth is, we're both right. Looking at the name origin of Tabunne, it is not only a corruption of the Japanese saying for Maybe, but also relates to hearing/ears as well. Audino works the same way. It references hearing (Audio) As well as a sense of uncertainty (I dunno)

So yes, to keep both puns, and the most logical way to pronounce it, it's Aw-Din-No. No "ee" sounds. By that logic, Shaymin should be pronounced Shay-mean

Yup, I'm Starting to Use Audino as I Dunno, for the LULZ
hhahaha

Yup, I'm Starting to Use Audino as I Dunno, for the LULZ
hhahaha
Funnily enough, you could have a conversation with it's Japanese and English names.

Tabunne? (Maybe?)
Audino (I dunno)

Maybe, I dunno.

Except how was anyone supposed to know (at the time) that the list was real?

I don't see why that should make a difference unless someone deemed it as fake instantly and went and memorized the whole list.

EDIT: Although I did forget that some people would still start using the names on the list anyway, so it'd be unavoidable to see some of the names.

Im realy liking the name Haxorus seems to fit that pokemon very well =D

I'm calling it now, Haxorus gets into Ubers when the English version comes out.

Last edited:

I'm calling it now, Haxorus gets into Ubers when the English version comes out.
Well it is basically a faster physical-oriented Rayquaza.

*Now really hopes for Bulba's own tier system*

Calling it right now. "Damn Haxorus Hax" will be a meme within the year.

Calling it right now. "Damn Haxorus Hax" will be a meme within the year.

Calling it right now, Ryuutakeshi will have a new meme for us by March 6.

Well it is basically a faster physical-oriented Rayquaza.

But its base stats are so much lower T_T

Calling it right now, Ryuutakeshi will have a new meme for us by March 6.

But its base stats are so much lower T_T
It just means it used them better.

Seriously, not going to enjoy Iris' Haxorus dragon dancing and haxing us with critical hits >=o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom