• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Web advertisement reveals more English names: More localizations emerge from triple b

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Web advertisement reveals more English names: More localizations emerge from triple battle ...

A web advertisement has revealed that Choroneko is localized as Purrloin, Tabunne as Audino, Chillaccino as Cinccino, Dentula as Galvantula, and Ononokus as Haxorus.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Web advertisement reveals more English names: More localizations emerge from trip

Oh look, more names that match the leaked list. Why won't you just accept them already Bulbapedia? *sigh*

Re: Web advertisement reveals more English names: More localizations emerge from trip

Oh look, more names that match the leaked list. Why won't you just accept them already Bulbapedia? *sigh*

I second this.

They are obviously real.

Hear hear! It would make ti much easier instead of having to go find other websites. But at least the more information we get, the closer we are getting to Black and White coming out :D I hope more moves and abilities get their names.

They don't want to take any chances for making a faux-pas like the rivals.
It's pride, more than anything I bet.
[sub]Of course, I could be wrong.[/sub]​

This makes me realize how close we are to the release of Black and White.

Speaking as a Bulbapedia editor, updating a million links is hard enough. If there's a typo on the list, then that makes it a lot more fun.

Speaking as a moderator of this forum, please do not whine about Bulbapedia here. Instead, discuss the news at hand. Thank you.

Is this an American ad? I can't seem to come across it on GameFAQs

More names from the list, I'll discuss them accordingly.

Purrloin- Purr(ing) + purloin (to steal). Choroneko's name comes from "Choromakasu" (pilfer) + "neko" (cat). Good name.

Galvantula- Galvanization + Tarantula. Considering that Dentura was "denki (electricity in Japanese)" + "tarantula," the name fits.

Audino- Audio (earlobes) + I don't know. Tabunne's name could be translated as "maybe," or "earlobes" (mimitabu) so it fits on both accounts.

Haxorus- Hack (as in chopping or cutting down, like an axe) + Ax + Saurus. It fits as well.

Cinccino- Basically Minccino (mini + chino cloth) with a "C" added instead of a "M." I feel Chillaccino is a more appropriate name for it, since the reference is more obvious (Chincilla). It's an alright name.

The English names almost directly translate to their original names, but it will take a while for me to get used to them.

Worst. Generation. Ever!

If you don't like the fact that Bulba only uses factual information and not unofficial websites and their predictions, you don't have to read the news forum or anything. No one is forcing you to. On the contrary I am happy to see more English names since it means closer to the debut date!

Is this an American ad? I can't seem to come across it on GameFAQs

I believe so. I was talking to a few others and only American residents could see it as far as I could tell. However, there wasn't a large range of people viewing, so for all I know, it may be viewable in Canada too or something.

Last edited:

Heh. Purrloin makes me think of steak.
Love Galvantula, though.

Heh. Purrloin makes me think of steak.
Thanks, now that's all I can think about - and I don't even like steak!

I really wish we never saw that list. There's barely anymore anticipation for anymore names and that was fun for me.

I really wish we never saw that list. There's barely anymore anticipation for anymore names and that was fun for me.
I agree. Besides, the gradual releases make them easier to remember.

Took me a few visits to BW's Gamefaqs page, but I found the ad. I doubt the reveal of these Pokemon was an accident like the Bulbanews article said.

And yes, while having the names this early is kind of nice, speculating is half the fun and the list pretty much ruined that.

You could've not looked at it/all of it, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom