• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

*Week Who Knows Anymore* Do you have a legit R/S Shiny

Do you have a legit R/S Shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 29 44.6%
  • No

Votes: 24 36.9%
  • Maybe so.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • I'm just choosing this option to be different.

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
I got a shiny Beldum a few days ago.
I HAVE ELEVEN SHINIES!! I've been incredibly lucky with this generation. Lets just hope it goes the same for D/P!

Sheesh. Never seen one shiny. Ever. (Oh wait, I think -not positive- I had a shiny Pichu in Crystal... but the color difference is so subtle, I didn't think twice when I reset that game. T_T).
I estimate I've put in 100+ hours of gameplay with Sapphire, and not one shiny.
Or pokerus.
Durn it all.

A few months ago I managed to catch a shiny Sharpedo at Pacifidlog in Emerald. Sharpedo would be my...second Advanced generation shiny(I.E. Pokemon new in RS, I also have a Golbat and Gyarados)...behind the Taillow that I found outside of Petalburg without any Pokeballs to catch it with...

In all the hundreds of hours spent on G/S/C/R/S/FR/LG/E...besides the G/S Gyarados, NEVER have I even seen a shiny pokemon.

And no Pokerus either...And of course I bet when I finally do see a shiny, it'll have SelfDestruct. Or naturally it'll be in the Safari Zone.

And of course the ultimate kicker...I'll find a shiny zubat[the pokemon I like the least].

Gotta Get A New Shiny!

Guess who my sunshine is... SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!! "Who's that?!?" you may ask. My shiny green Wingull. DA DA DA DA!! A lot of people have shiny Wingulls (out of those who DO have shinies), where did you you get yours? I got mine at route 124, LV 17. I am shiny hunting right now! I'm lookin' for a shiny Trapinch!

I don't have any shinies at all. I've played all the way through Sapphire once and I'm on my second run through it, and my brother has seen no shinies on Ruby. Neither of us found any on Gold or Silver either, bar red Gyarados, which I KO'd anyway.

I've only found a shiny on Silver, and that was a Swinub - right after catching a regular one for the pokedex might I add, so I ended up with two of them. I haven't even seen any on the Advance games.

2, a shiny Zubat which is now my Pink Crobat in my L50 battle frontier team, and my shiny Wobby, which I havn't looked at for a while but it has battle team potiental if I ever bother restarting my training.

Others:
Shiny Zigzagoon from a promotion.

Yes I do.

A Shinny Dugtrio, caught as a Diglett in my LeafGreen long ago. Too bad it has Sand Veil as Ability... >__>

A Shinny Shuppet found in Emerald. Quiet. Ugh...

Didn't want them, but keep them. Bleah. I just want a Shinny Oddish, for I'm a Bellossom obsessor. And a Shinny Ralts, for Gardy looks smecksier in blue. :-D

currently I have 7...

Sharpedo: I was searching for the feebas tile when I fished out a green Carvanha, after catching it, (and a Feebas) I evolved it to a sharpedo (it was already at lvl 33, so I only used a rare candy on it or something...

Exeggcute: came across it randomly in the safari zone in Fire Red... I really felt the pressure when it popped out of the safari ball two times... but I caught it eventually...

Bellossom: I was searching for Suicune on Fire Red (different playthrough though), and I came across a shiny gloom... I couldn't even tell it was a shiny at first... I could only tell it was a shiny by the sparkle... I thought it was ugly because it was a sickly brown colour... so I evolved it with a Sun Stone :) (and taught it magical leaf via move tutor :))

Torchic: the only shiny I made an attempt to get... I got it after five days of soft reseting... it's also my only male shiny... (all the others are female)

Parasect: found it in the Cerulean Cave while training some pokes to lvl 100... not much else to say...

Illumise: found it while multitasking on the computer...

Tentacool: found it while EV training Lanturn, it also has the Calm nature...

I haven't got a shiny yet but my brother has a shiny grass type on LG (don't remember which), for the Pokerus both Gardevoir (Ruby) and Blaziken (FR) have it, the odd thing is they can't get rid of it and I understand why the Pokerus can't spread to other Pokemon

I think I might have gotten something shiny in Sapphire, but I can't really remember. If I did, it was a Wurmple or Surskit or something along those lines.

I don't care about shinies anyway, probably why I don't remember.

I must be lucky. I have seen 3, but i only cought 2, and had one hatch from an egg. and thats excluding the red gyrados in g/s.

first was in my gold and silver days, ahh remember like it was yesterday...i was walking around with the random egg that you get from the day care people, when it hatched it was a magby, but it was a kinda pinkish/purple color to it instead of red. now this was my first time playing gold, so i thought that was how it looked, but then when i first played it in my party it did that shining thing and scared me half to death. i thought i was living my missingno catastrophe from red version all over. now, thankfully, i didnt delete my game, i went out and bought a new one (i though hey, i can trade this glichy game to someone at school for a cool pokemon card!) about 2 days before i was supposed to trad my gold version to my friend, in silver i got all the way up to gyrados and then he shined. having been explained by lance that he was of a rare breed i realized my magby was also a rare breed, so instead of giving my friend the gold with the rarer magby, i went and gave him my silver.

second one was in my firered game before my memory got wiped clean i cought a shiny growlithe. Now, arcanine is one of my favorite pokemon to have in my party, before i could train it to lvl 49 and evolve it, my game got erased. WHY!?

third was also in firered, it was in the safari zone. it was a green scyther, their already green, i know. but this one was darker, was red in the joints where it would normally be yellow. but of course, with it being the safari zone and normal scythers being almost impossible to catch the first time, we all know what happend to the scyther...
*sigh*
a booger colored Scizor would have looked awsome in my party...

forth time was in emerald, i cought a geodude, i dont remember where but hes gold. i dont use rock pokemon very much so he is sittin' in my box chillin' with a bunch of pidgy's and rattata's i use to trade with my other versions. im gonna keep him in case i come against someone who has a shiny growlithe and wants to trade :p

i was extremely lucky in my 400+ hours of sapphire, i had 3 shiny zigzagoons (oddly, the most common shiny, probably cause its the most common pokemon), a shiny spheal, a shiny electrike, and a shiny torchic (starter, pretty ****ing lucky) and yeah that was it.......then i had to go over to a stupid annoying 'day and night care' place for a week while my parents went on a business trip or some crap like that and i forced by the person there to let her son borrow my gameboy and all my games for the week........she was such a ***** but i tihnk she was arrested for drugs last year...... i cant remember but anyway when i got it back my gosh what a surprise my file was deleted as well as all my other games........

I caught a shiny Tropius on my Ruby, and i traded Suicune over from coliseum, and it was shiny.

Just to let everyone know, all of the shinies that I've caught are completely legit.

In my Ruby version, I have a shiny Wingull (green, and it's a female as well). ^_^ (Note: At the time I caught it, I had played the game for well over 100 hours, which is what it said in the game's menu)

I caught it in one of the water routes near Mossdeep City, while I was searching for Latios which was around that area.

As for my other versions:

In my Fire Red version, not too long after I had started playing the game, I hadn't even gotten my first badge yet, and in the grass near Pewter City I found and then caught a shiny Rattata (it's a goldish-looking color, and it has a Naughty nature, lol). XD

So yeah, needless to say, I found that shiny VERY early in the game. ^_^

And finally, in my Silver version, when I still had the game (I don't have it anymore unfortunately) I had a pink Butterfree, which of course was female. ^^

Well, I am new, and I have a shiny pelipper. I caught it 524:38 minutes. That is the same as my ID No. I reset my Ruby thouugh, but I kept the shiny.
That was on Ruby

I am soft resetting for a shiny Registeel, I have been at it for about 3 days now. i hope I catch it soon, like some of u guys did.
This is on Emerald

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom