• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Weekly Alphabet Shipping Game - Week #2: B

Likeitornot.

realisation
Retired Staff
Reaction score
Hello, and welcome to our second instalment of the weekly shipping game! The rules of this game are simple; answer the following questions at the end of this point, but only in regards to shippings beginning with the letter B!

The number of shippings officially on the shipping list (which will be convenient to return to as you answer some of these questions) that start with the letter B as of today's date (02/07/2017) just have an edge on A at the moment, with 1,903 shippings in total. Therefore, it's quite the varied list to help you answer the following questions!

1. Are there are shippings here that you used to support but you don't anymore?
2. Your least favourite shipping name in this list happens to be, if you had to choose?
3. Do you have any polyshippings (more than two characters) in this list?
4. Are there any shippings that just from looking at them on this list (or otherwise), you think would have great potential?
5. Have you ever named a shipping that started with B? (If you don't name shippings, alternatively: are there any words starting with B that you're surprised that they haven't been used for a shipping name as of yet?)

As always, be considerate of the rules when answering.

1. Are there are shippings here that you used to support but you don't anymore?
BurningLeafShipping (Red/Leaf). Just lost interest I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I might get back on board if Gamefreak acknowledged Leaf's existence again...

2. Your least favourite shipping name in this list happens to be, if you had to choose?
Gonna go with the boring answer and say none strike me as particularly horrible. Though can someone explain to me why Professor Krane/Professor Ivy is BDSMShipping?!

3. Do you have any polyshippings (more than two characters) in this list?
BestWishesShipping (Ash/Cilan/Iris) comes closest I guess, though more platonically than romantically. I only saw the first ~25 episodes of Best Wishes, but I remember liking their dynamic.

4. Are there any shippings that just from looking at them on this list (or otherwise), you think would have great potential?
I sort of like the idea of one-sided BetelgeuseShipping (Cyrus/Mars). It sounds delightfully angsty and not very healthy (I don't actually support them getting together). Has anyone written a fic about Mars going to find Cyrus in the Distortion World?

Another one is BlacksquaredShipping (Hilbert/Nate). Like Betelgeuse, there's something about the absence of one party that intrigues me. It raises so many questions...how would they meet? What did Nate know or think about Hilbert before they met, and how would the real Hilbert compare to those pre-conceptions? They've gone through similar experiences; how exactly would they relate to each other? There's also BeanShipping (Faba/Mohn) which I find interesting for similar reasons.

5. Have you ever named a shipping that started with B? (If you don't name shippings, alternatively: are there any words starting with B that you're surprised that they haven't been used for a shipping name as of yet?)
Yup. BeauteousShipping (Elesa/Olympia), BedroomShipping (Hilbert/Fennel), and BrisanceShipping (Lysandre/Volcanion). I remember being surprised that Bedroom wasn't taken @_@

These are fun, I'm looking forward to the next one!

Hope this reply isn't off-topic as it concerns a B-shipping, but I just want to say that I really adore Biddyshipping (Agatha x Bertha). My headcanon is that they knew each other and had a lot of chemistry when they were younger but neither of them acted upon it, and then when they meet again as old(er) women, it causes all sorts of complex feelings between them. If nobody else writes a fic based on that premise, then I will... Whenever I'm done having writer's block... :cry:

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom