• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Weekly Bug-Catching Contest Report

Pokémon: Butterfree
Level: 15
HP: Full
Position: 1st
Prize: Sun Stone

Last edited:
I won the contest today with a level 29 Kricketune. It was captured with my very last Park Ball and my Poliwhirl had only 3 HP left. So it was a very close call. The score was 336 points. I also caught a Kricketot and a Nincada.

I probably made one of the biggest mistakes today and accidentally released one of the nicest looking Beautifly on accident.

Saturday, April 3rd, 2010
Trainer Hibiki: Beautifly Lv. 32 (1st place - 335 points)

In third place was Kricketune with 251 total points and coming in second place was a Pinsir with 301 points total. Today I came across a couple of Pokemon that I needed for my Pokdex but I guess I can always get them later. For getting first place I received a Shiny Stone.

4/01-Scyther: Lv.28: 344 points: Sun Stone

4/03-Illumise: Lv.33: 328 points: Illumise was 3rd---beat by a Scyther

4/06-Beedrill: Lv.28: 242 points: Shiny Stone

pre nat.dex, 1st place:
lv. 14 Scyther
full HP
358pts
Sun Stone

Took part in 3 Bug-Catching Contests.

1st round: level 14 Scyther, 3rd place

2nd round: level 13 Scyther, last place

3rd round: level 13 Scyther, last place

On Tuesday, I caught a Lv28 Scyther and won... an Oval Stone. What. The most useless stone there exists -_____- Gotta try today too, I'll try to get a Butterfree now, I think. Or if I find a good Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokémon (today's Sinnoh Sounds, I think that'll help), I'll take that then.
E: Today, I caught Kricketune. Level 30, female, 326 points, 1st place, got a Thunderstone.

Last edited:
I caught a Lv. 36 Silcoon and won first place, but all I got was an Oval Stone. I was pissed. This is the second time this has happened.

What happened to Sun Stones? Does anyone know if the prize changes on certain days/times of the day, or is it completely random? (sorry if this was already asked)

I placed 1st today with a L: 14 Scyther. Paralyzed, full HP (47), 356 points. I got a Sun Stone.

Bug Catcher Don asked me, "You won? The winner is you!?"

Yes Don. A Winrar Is Me.

Annoyed! I caught a lv.28 female Combee (post National 'Dex), only using Thunderwave and came in second! Didn't have time to reset and try again, and didn't really want to because a female Combee is hard to find.

I entered and won my first one today, I took my Butterfree with Sleep Powder. First bug I found was a level 17 Caterpie, then a level 14 Beedrill, then a level 14 Scyther. Put each one to sleep and caught each one, obviously kept the Scyther. It got me 362 points.

Congratulations on your first win Mike!

Thursday, April 8th, 2010
Trainer Hibiki: Volbeat Lv. 34 (1st place - 329 points)

I came across quite a lot of Kricketot today. First I caught a Kricketune then ended up trading it for the Volbeat that I ended with.

In third place was a School Kid with a Caterpie coming in at 276 points and in second place was a Pokefan with a Volbeat totaling to 281 points! For placing I got an Oval Stone which is for Happiny's evolution I think.

*sigh* if only I found that shiny Caterpie during the contest. but anyways I did catch a Pinser lv17 in Heartgold and he got me the win yay!

Tharsday April 8 2010 (1st place 331 points)

I got a Sun Stone...which evolves Gloom into Bellosum correct? Even so it does seem like a good prize but I want a Fire Stone to get my Growlithe named Dexter to evolve!

It doesn't change the results or placing if you catch a shiny Pokemon in the Bug-Catching Contest. You are correct on the Sun Stone, it also allows Sunkern to evolve into Sunflora.

Thursday April 8 2010
Won 1st place @ 331 points with a lv30 Dustox
Full life, asleep - won a Dawn stone

Saturday, April 10th, 2010
Trainer Hibiki: Illumise Lv. 36 (2nd place - 319 points)

I started off with a Nincada that was about level 27 and then caught an Illumise which I then accidentally released. I then caught another Nincada that was level 36 but then replaced it with a second Illumise that I happened to come upon. Third place was a Pinsir coming in at 305 points and the first place winner was a Weedle totaling in at 320 points. For coming in second I got the Everstone which I think I already have.

I can't believe I lost by 1 point and to a Weedle nonetheless.

Tuesday 6th April 2010,
Sylver won full health level level 35 Kakuna, no status condition. 331 points 1st place
Thursday 8th April 2010
Dustox level 36 full health 354 points 1st place
Saturday 10th April 2010
Illumise level 29 full health 313 points 2nd place

Just hold down y when you catch it, thats how i caught all the legendaries and some others.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom