• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Weird stuff the Memory girl says

Alexg23

#TeamScorbunny
Reaction score
While I was reading the Awkward X and Y moments thread, I noticed several posts mentioned the Memory girl from Anistar city. For example:

When visiting the girl in Anistar who tells the player a Pokémon's memory, sometimes I question the fondness of that memory.

For example, my Vaporeon's fondest memory? Me using the Dazzling Gleam TM. o_O
I have something similar to that: my Venusaur had a fond memory of me using... HM 03, Surf.
If you think that's bad, one of my Ditto's fondest memories was of being dropped off at the Day Care with a Frogadier. Even worse? My Ditto felt proud about it.

<insert rule 34 joke here>

I have an example of my own too. When I showed her a Mantyke, she said it remembered meeting me "at a sewer". What? That makes no sense! There's only been one sewer you can go to in ANY Pokemon game, and you can't find Mantyke there! What's worst is the place I caught it was Azure Bay. That's the opposite of a sewer!

Anyway, what odd stuff has the Memory girl said to you?

Okay, this could be fun. Let's go and take a look...

Darmanitan, levelled in the 80s when she arrived from Unova, was apparantly nervous while fighting a Flabebe.
Xerneas grinned when it met me via trade. That's a pretty creepy image.
Manectric saw me using Repels, and it felt good! Huh.

No, this will be fun. 6 Pokémon on my team, let's check them out:

1. Chesnaught - "Ches almost got lost when it explored a forest with Meyer." Due to him being starter, it could be Santalune Forest or Route 20. "The Pokémon fondly remembers that it had fun."
2. Pidgeot - "Pidge looked down at the world from a tall tower where it went with Meyer." FYI, all but Blaziken are from Kalos, Blaziken being the Event one. Pidge was at the Tower of Mastery. "The Pokémon definitely remembers that it was restless."
3. Blaziken - "The Pokémon seems to have a good memory but it doesn't seem to be able to remember. And... Blaziken was stared at by the Judge when it met him with Meyer. The Pokémon clearly remembers that it got sleepy." Yeah, so obvious, all of it.
4. Blastoise - "Blaster was raised by Meyer and evolved at a seaside city." He evolved into Blastoise in Shalour City. "The Pokémon definitely remembers that it felt good."
5. Tyrantrum - "Rex saw Meyer using bicycles." No duh. "The Pokémon fondly remembers that it felt sorry." What's that supposed to mean?
6. Jolteon - "Silver battled at Meyer's side and defeated a Gym Leader." Valerie's all his. "The Pokémon definitely remembers that it had some difficulty. And... Silver became Meyer's friend when it arrived via Link Trade at... a Pokémon Center." I did a temporary trade using him to evolve my brother's Graveler into Golem.
So, that's it!

Shiny Mienshao - "The Pokemon seems to have a good memory, but it doesn't seem to be able to remember... and.... Maria was with Maria when she caught Mienfoo. The Pokemon remember that it got overwhelmed by emotion."

- kind of funny, my Mienshao's nickname is Maria, and my player's name in Y is Maria - a common Spanish female name.

Made me laugh, she has good memory but can't remember it! I guess she has some deep dark secret she doesn't want revealed.
She was brought over from my White 2.

She got very emotional when we caught one of her own kind - her unevolved self.

For the rest of the team:
Vaporeon - "Victor was with Maria when she caught Bidoof. The Pokemon definitely remembers that it got teary eyed." - made me feel emotional,

Watchog - "Sophie was with Maria when she caught Snover. The Pokemon fondly remember that it was glad." - no matter what I'm doing, Watchog always seems to be happy where ever I go

Lucario - "Danny saw Maria using Bicycles. The Pokemon fondly remembers that it had fun." - I guess we play a lot, running after Lucario, I'm guessing he's fast, don't worry Lucario we will have more fun with bikes

Sylveon - "Mozart battled at Maria's side and defeated Roggenrola. The Pokemon fondly remembers that it got lighthearted." - so glad he relaxed after winning.

Delphox - "Renard saw Maria using Full Restores. The Pokemon definitely remembers that it was restless." - she wanted more Full Restores, I'm guesing it was during a gym battle what she remembers

I will have to look at all the other Pokemon I caught along the way and see what interesting memories show up.

Last edited:
2 more things:

1: My Furfrou "saw Alex using revival herbs. The Pokemon remembers that it had fun." It had fun eating bitter medicine??

2: My Heilolisk "went to a Pokemon center with Alex to buy TM52s. The Pokemon remembers that it felt sorry." A quick look in my bag reveals that TM52 is Focus Blast, a move Heilolisk can learn. However, it doesn't need to feel sorry because it already knows all the moves I want it to know!

Last edited:
Let's see what I can find:

1. Fearow- "Fearow flew, carrying Bolt on its back, to a seaside city. The Pokemon fondly remembers that it felt nostalgic." IDK what it has to be nostalgic about, I caught it in Victory Road, which was long after I first visited Couramine City, and pretty much everything else I did there was mainly just passing through.
2. Lapras- "Lapras encountered Mewtwo when it was with Bolt. The Pokemon definitely remembers that it felt nostalgic." Good to know that Pokemon caught in this game have nostalgia for a game that came out long before I met them.
3. Lucario- "When Oddish jumped out, Lucario was surprised and ran away with Bolt. The Pokemon definitely remembers that it had some difficulty." Difficulty? Against an Oddish? I really wish they'd have changed this message for running away because most of the time when people run away in the game it's because they simply don't feel like battling, not because they think the battle is difficult. On the plus side for this thread though, I bet there's all sorts of other funny scenarios that could come up.
4. Lapras- "Lapras saw Bolt using Dowsing Machines. The Pokemon definitely remembers that it got nervous." I have nothing to say to this.

Last edited:
buying stuff with my Rhydon: "Nouri went clothes shopping with RTA. The Pokemon remembers it felt memorable."
'Cos buying an aqua jacket, aqua damaged jeans and sneakers is memorable for a Rhydon, is it...

My Florges grinned when I completed my Pokédex last night. Except I'm still missing Genesect lol

My Delphox saw itself in Reflection Cave and felt comfortable. I guess she's a narcissist?

My Butterfree encountered Mewtwo with me and was overwhelmed with emotion. Either fear 'cause she thought she'd die (she didn't) or joy that she knew I believed her powerful enough to weaken it.

My Blastoise fought Xerneas with me. He grinned. No idea why. He was fighting to save the world.

Aegislash went clothes shopping with me. It fondly remembers that it was restless. I guess he's my husband and only likes shopping with me in hindsight? LOL

Talonflame flew me to a riverside road. (No clue... Route 7?) It fondly remembers that it felt nostalgic. Considering that my very first journey on that route was shortly after catching her, I can see that.

Spiritomb got overwhelmed by emotion when it saw me using Irons.

Purugly was stared at by the judge and ended up in a foul mood... even though the judge said it had outstanding potential.

Giratina got treats from me, and remembers that it got a bit carried away. :lol:

Aegislash grinned when it defeated a gym leader. It doesn't even have a mouth!

(Hopefully this isn't too old to respond to...); Here are some odd ones I found:
Peter (Lv. 100 male Pidgeot) - "Peter was with Nicole when she went to a boutique and tried on clothes, but she left the boutique without buying anything. The Pokémon fondly remembers it couldn't be true to its feelings."
I guess my shopping upsets him? Weird.
Mightyena (shiny, Lv. 55 male, from Emerald) "The Pokémon seems to have a good memory, but it doesn't seem to be able to remember... And... Mightyena planted Qualot Berries with Nicole and imagined a big harvest. The Pokémon remembers that it felt nostalgic."
Not exactly odd, but kind of sweet.
Xerxes (Lv. 74 Xerneas) "Xerxes was with Nicole when she completed her Pokédex. The Pokémon clearly remembers that it grinned."
No, Xerxes. You weren't there. :|
Billie (Lv. 48 female Garchomp) "Billie saw Nicole using Bicycles. The Pokémon clearly remembers that it got emotional."
So... I was using more than one Bicycle and it made Billie emotional? What?

Ha, these are awesome!

I could write Creepypastas about my Espurrs and what Memory Girl says about them.

I hatched one little dude in Geosenge Town, post game and Memory Girl said he was teary eyed. (I know little guy, I know. Actually, I have written a C...never mind) :p I named him Rockford and took him back to MG to see what she said then. Now, she says he had a fateful encounter with the Name Rater.

Another Espurr hatched and MG said his feelings were indescribable. It reminded my niece and I of the song in Aladdin, when Jasmine says riding on the magic carpet is an indescribable feeling. So we called him Carpet xD

A level 18 Gobit that I rescued remembered being taken to the Daycare and being dropped off with a Ditto... and got angry about it. Apparently the poor little guy didn't want to be farmed for IVs and such. He'll never see the inside of the Daycare ever again.

Bringing it back, because I'm questioning the memory my Manectric chose.

Winning the Coolness Master Rank? Catching/encountering Kyogre (was my Gardevoir's memory. She remembered she was nervous. No kidding.) Defeating the League?

None of these! Her fondest memory? Me catching a Psyduck.

Seriously, Phaedra?

"Floette went to a nice restaurant with Zeb and ate until it got totally full. The Pokemon remembers that its feelings were indescribable."

Must have been some good food, huh.

My 6IV Golett? He remembers going to the Name Rater and getting a fateful name.... and feeling sorry about it. Really, Grand Riser? Did you think I was going through too much trouble for you? Because I totally wasn't.

Too many of my pokemon remember soaring, but I did find a good one. This is what she said about my Mawile: "Futakuchi [that's its nickname] encountered Tornadus when it was with Alex. The pokemon fondly remembers that it grinned." Makes sense seeing how Steel resists Flying...

"Grimer hatched from an egg and saw Edwin for the first time... at a sewer..." I didn't hatch this egg in Castelia, I hatched it in Azure Bay.

checking my ORAS team
Swampert: "Matsugoro encountered Groudon when it was with RTA. The Pokemon fondly remembers that it got nervous." Well. Wouldn't you?
Magcargo: "Chihiro (bit of Spirited Away goin' on here) almost got lost when it explored a forest with RTA. The Pokemon fondly remembers it had fun." Just remember that only you can prevent forest fires. Unless you're with Magcargo.
Minun: "Kiyokichi saw RTA using Hyper Potions. The Pokemon fondly remembers it felt sorry." For getting hurt?
Vileplume: "RTA used Super Potions when Hitomi was in trouble. The Pokemon fondly remembers that it grinned."
Dustox: "Otomi almost got lost when it explored a forest with RTA. The Pokemon fondly remembers that it got lighthearted."

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom