• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Closed [OLD] Welcome to BulbaBlogs! - Introduction and Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzap

No thoughts, head empty
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Edit: Please go to this thread to refer to our new rules!

Welcome to our new Bulbagarden Forums Blog section! In this section, you can create your own thread and fill it with whatever you want. Really, your blog is completely customizable based on what you want to use it for. You want to post pictures from your trips around the world? Awesome! You want to talk about your favorite movies and TV shows? Great! You want to just rant about all of the minor inconveniences of everyday life? Go for it!

Another way you can customize your blog is by creating your own blog rules. Anyone posting in your blog must follow your blog's rules (but do keep them reasonable). You can even designate your blog for your use only, so others can read but cannot post in your blog. If you do so, please use the CLOSED BLOG prefix.

You may have multiple blogs simultaneously, but each one should be dedicated to a separate topic. You're welcome to keep your daily life, let's plays, and photography in separate threads if you want. Please do not make a new thread for every single blog entry because that can spam up the section and quickly bury other blogs.

If you're concerned about your blog entries getting lost in the comments, you can keep an index of your entries in the OP of your blog with links to each of your posts to quickly jump to each one. You can also use the Threadmark feature (coming soon) for the same effect.

Section Rules:
  1. All forum rules apply, with the following exceptions:
    • You MAY advertise your own sites, blogs, YouTube pages, etc
    • There is no such thing as irrelevant or repetitive posting in your own blog, unless you are doing so to simply bump your thread without adding content
  2. Avoid spamming the section by posting new entries in your existing blog as separate threads. Only start a new thread if you have a new specific blog topic.
    • For example, you may have separate threads for a general life blog, a food blog, and a gaming blog, and a new post about food should go in your food blog rather than a new thread
  3. Blog rules should apply to all other users equally and should never be used to discriminate against anybody.
  4. Do not post in a thread with the CLOSED BLOG prefix in the title.
  5. Blogs are great for venting, but if you want more reliable support and advice please visit the forum designated for that.
If you have any questions, please message our blog moderators: @Lillie @Aulos

Thank you for reading, now go enjoy crafting your own little corner of the forums!

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding old blogs

Once we have finished all the problems regarding the forum update we will be working on importing all the old blogs so they can return and won't be lost.
I'll keep you guys updated on when that will happen but we're looking at end February/March at the earliest.

They are currently counting for both thread and post count.

One last question: I was about to start an Let's Play, but I want to make sure that I'm good to go with that and any Video Game challenges I might do in the future. Those are fine right?

Edit: Never mind. I looked at the first post and it says there that I can do Let's Plays. I don't always notice things like that right away.

One last question: I was about to start an Let's Play, but I want to make sure that I'm good to go with that and any Video Game challenges I might do in the future. Those are fine right?
Yup. Remember to follow the standard forum rules so no inappropriate images and the like from 18+ games. But feel free to post let's plays ^^;

Thanks dude. I shall begin my first Let's Play shortly. I could do them on Youtube, but that would require a lot more work and money. The benefit of doing them on a site like this, you don't need much at all. Just the game and the proper console.

This is the most ghetto setup in the history of ghetto setups and I hope someone makes a proper extension soon, but at least it's good (?) that not everything is going to be lost. Flipside, meant that my slaving earlier when the forums were being upgraded meant nothing.

At least this way I can't ever be put out of a job ever again? Maybe? And I can organized stuff again if I feel like it.

This is the most ghetto setup in the history of ghetto setups

What would you prefer; a temporary alternative avenue for blogs, or none at all until we get the proper update?

We know that this is a weaker version of the blog section, but it’s really either this or nothing. We chose to still keep the blogs around in some fashion because they’re a important draw for some users.

What would you prefer; a temporary alternative avenue for blogs, or none at all until we get the proper update?

We know that this is a weaker version of the blog section, but it’s really either this or nothing. We chose to still keep the blogs around in some fashion because they’re a important draw for some users.
I was being intentionally overdramatic in how I was putting it. It is a ghetto setup, that much is fact. It's awkward. But I don't hate it either. It has its advantages too, like being able to put individual things all in one place. Could sort of do that on vB, but couldn't at all on old XF.

When/if a proper extension does get made though, what'll happen to this section? Ported over to the blogs if possible that way as well?

When/if a proper extension does get made though, what'll happen to this section? Ported over to the blogs if possible that way as well?
I'm not technically gifted enough to know what is possible, but the posts will be preserved in some way.

And I know it is different from the old setup but we did spend a lot of time working on this new solution. I'm happy to take all feedback both positive and negative but for everyone please remember that there are objective advantages and disadvantages to this system. We wouldn't have tried it if we felt it wasn't going to serve some sort of meaningful purpose.

So I take it the blog porting plans went kaput or are on hold? Haven't posted anything here yet because I'm waiting to see what happens with that, and at least what happens to them and other blog topics by the same maker when they're up. Since I say, don't want to start a topic for a challenge run of some kind then all my other blog posts get dumped into there.

Hi :) I hope it is ok to post my question here:

I am thinking of starting a blog to showcase my Fakemon designs, I already have a DeviantArt account where I upload them all but I thought it might be a good idea to get some feedback from a more dedicated Pokemon community and figured a blog thread would be the best place to do that. My question was with regards to including images of my designs - to reduce the number of images per post, would it be acceptable if I were to upload (for example) one evolutionary family per post (images in spoiler tags of course), along with text information about the Fakemon and a link to the original DeviantArt page(s) featuring those designs?

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom