• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Welcome to the new Development Forum! [Read first: Rules inside!]

evkl

Person-about-Bulba
Reaction score
Hi!

Welcome to the new Bulbagarden Development Forum. We've opened up the project development aspect of the site to the entire forum, so now anyone with an idea can contribute the idea and see it through to completion.

If you'll notice, this is now taking the place of the Suggestions Box. Now, suggestions are merged with Development.

Here's how this is going to work:

Idea Phase
If you are posting an idea, your thread title should include the word IDEA in all caps. In the thread, describe your idea, however big or small it is.

In idea threads, other users can vote an idea UP or DOWN by posting a comment with the word UP or DOWN in it. This is important, commenters--you have to include your UP or DOWN vote in your post. Each UP vote is worth +1 point; each DOWN vote is worth -1 point. An idea that gets +10 points and is deemed feasible by the staff enters the DEVELOPMENT phase.

Ideas deemed by the staff to be worthy will be moved directly to the development phase.

If you see an idea already posted that you think is pretty good, but you have a better way to solve the same problem, make a post that starts with ALTERNATE SUGGESTION in that thread and include your idea.

IDEA threads will be closed if they reach -5 OR if they go more than 4 months with no new votes or alternate suggestions.

Development Phase
If your project is chosen to enter development, congratulations! Depending on the nature of your suggestion, two paths are possible. First, another thread may be designated to work on the specifics of the project, with input open to everyone; this is a DEVELOPMENT thread. Alternatively, a new forum can be created to implement a bigger idea.

Concluding Thoughts
We're all looking forward to people putting forward their ideas and working together to make Bulbagarden better. And the staff will be watching this forum closely--not only to evaluate and vote on ideas, but to look for bright users who constantly have good, viable ideas.

If you have any questions about the rules or the forum, please use this thread to ask them.

Last edited:
I was just wondering, if we've made recent ideas in the Suggestions Box, do we need to re-pitch them here or will they be subject to the older Suggestions Box process? I assume the latter but just thought I'd ask.

I was just wondering, if we've made recent ideas in the Suggestions Box, do we need to re-pitch them here or will they be subject to the older Suggestions Box process? I assume the latter but just thought I'd ask.

You are welcome to re-pitch them here.

Should the Idea threads have a poll in them to see who supports/opposes the idea, or is it only using posts?

• Staff
Should the Idea threads have a poll in them to see who supports/opposes the idea, or is it only using posts?

It's up to you. You can use polls if you want but not having polls may facilitate more discussion.

Also, if you need to see a recent Suggestions Box idea but can't for whatever reason, VM/PM me and I'll find your threads.

I think an idea reaching -5 and getting immediately zapped is a little hasty.

Personally, I'd make it so that it has to stay at or below -5 for at least a month, or reach -10. (maybe this would be an IDEA by itself >_<)

I think an idea reaching -5 and getting immediately zapped is a little hasty.

Personally, I'd make it so that it has to stay at or below -5 for at least a month, or reach -10. (maybe this would be an IDEA by itself >_<)

I only see really poor ideas reaching a -5. If an idea was worth looking into and discussing, I'm sure there'd at least be some Thumbs Ups to balance against how many Thumbs Downs it'd happen to get.

I only see really poor ideas reaching a -5. If an idea was worth looking into and discussing, I'm sure there'd at least be some Thumbs Ups to balance against how many Thumbs Downs it'd happen to get.

Yeah, but a number like -5 seems a little... too easy to reach.

Although, given the relatively low volume of regular users who'd post in this part of the forums, it might not be that bad of a level at first.

This seems like a good system. I'll move my suggestion in the main thread to here.

New thing. I added prefixes to the thread titles. Just select "IDEA" from the dropdown and type the thread title as normal.

The "DEVELOPMENT" option is for when threads enter that stage.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom