• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Welcome to the Orado Region!

What Starter Are you Picking?

• Total voters
11. More new Pokemon in Orado!
Say hello to the fossils of Orado! Sablaze and its evolution, Fangfrigid! and Spinosaw and its evolution, Theroserrate!
Due to the technology in Orado, these fossils are completely purified, and therefore lose the rock typing!
Sablaze and Fangfrigid are Fire/Ice! They were hunters in both hot and cold weather. They are fierce, one of their fangs are made of ice, the other made of magma.
Spinosaw and Theroserrate are Steel/Dragon! The metallic spines on their backs spin at an unnatural speed. They can shoot them off, but easily grow a second one back.

12. New Pokemon!
Hypnotox! A Dart Frog Pokemon! Poison/Psychic!
Hypnotox uses its poison to hypnotize its foes!
Roudirt's evolution, Geomypher!
Still a Normal/Ground Pokemon, it can burrow at speeds of 87 mph.
Zapaws' evolution, Raijax!
An Electric Pokemon, it runs at very high speeds. It uses the pads on its feet to use electricity to jump up to strike foes!
Schrodinkitty! Normal/Ghost!
Schrodinkitty's ability, Superposition, allows it to change the type of its move (and its effect), Quantum Paws!
When Quantum Paws is Normal type, it allows Schrodinkitty to raise its attack stat!
When Quantum Paws is Ghost type, it allows Schrodinkitty to drain the foes HP!

13. I'm tired of making threadmarks
Say hello to the Water/Steel type, Shootle! And it's evolution, Blastigate!
The Ferry Pokemon, Shootle floats atop the water, and can move at slow speeds.
Blastigate, the Cannon Pokemon, shoots huge cannonballs from its tube like hands. It can move at speeds of above 16 mph!

Say hello to the grass type, Baabush!
Baabush, the Bush Wool Pokemon, is a sheep like pokemon with foliage for wool! It is said that Baabush's wool is as soft as a hundred Altaria.
Meet the symbols of Orado, Sharquafin, Lawnion, and Hurriceagle!
Sharquafin is the symbol of the Water! When the water is polluted, all Shaquafin needs to do is swim through it, and it becomes cleansed. It will then hunt down and destroy those that polluted it. It is known as the Hardworking One.
Lawnion is the symbol of the Land! It lazes away in fields, and can be spotted by humans. However, when trees are cut down, or the land is harmed, it wakes up and strikes the evildoer with one strike, then return to sleep. It is known as the Lazy One.
Hurriceagle is the symbol of the Sky! It has never been seen. The information I have is gotten is from ancient scrolls. It is said that it causes the rain, and causes hurricanes. It is known as the Elusive One.
As of now, the three symbols are locked away by their stones, but if all three are united, they will be released, and the end of the world will finally come.

So, the new mythical trio is cool. Hurriceagle is my favorite.

Sharquafin is a water type, maybe Psychic as well

Lawnion is most likely a Grass Ground

Hurriceagle might be pure Flying

Say hello to the new Eeveelutions found in Orado!
Nixeon! The Normal type Eeveelution!
Ability: Adaptability
Hidden Ability: Protean

It is said to be the true form of Eevee. It is the descendant off all forms of Eevee, and is known as the King of the Eevees. To evolve your Eevee into Nixeon, one must level it up with max friendship while holding a Silk Scarf with a team of 5 more eeveelutions.

Daemeon! The Ghost type Eeveelution!
Ability: Cursed Body
Hidden Ability: Transparent (immune to all physical attacks)

Daemeon is the dead form of any eeveelution. It is their guide to the afterlife. To evolve your Eevee into Daemeon, one must cause their Nixeon to faint in battle, then a Daemeon will appear in one's party.
Wyveon! The Dragon type Eeveelution!
Ability: Pressure
Hidden Ability: Tough Claws

Wyveon can control the weather, It can jump very high, and it can glide for a few feet, by flapping its front wings. It is the most skilled of the Eevees. To evolve your Eevee into Wyveon, one must gain 15 levels while holding a Dragon Fang.
Olympeon! The Flying type Eeveelution!
Ability: Aerilate
Hidden Ability: Gale Wings

Olympeon's ear wings are soft and elegant, and it can travel at speeds up to 186 mph. Its starry eyes are said to see into one's soul. To evolve your Eevee into Olympeon, one must level up Eevee 10 minutes after flying.
Miasmeon! The Poison type Eeveelution!
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Hidden Ability: Corrosion

Toxic gases from a Miasmeon can knock out a Mega Aggron. It oozes toxic sludge, and it uses this to hunt. To evolve your Eevee into Miasmeon, one needs to level up Eevee while Toxic Poisoned with another Pokemon in the party with the moves Toxic and Sludge.
An unnatural phenomenon is Orado is that the exclusive moves to Eevee are given to their respective Eeveelutions as well!
Daemeon: Spooky Spook (disables one of the opponent's moves)
Nixeon: Basic Bash (has no extra effects)
Wyveon: Super Storm (is either water, fire, electric, or flying in type)
Olympeon: Windy Wing (raises ally speed)
Miasmeon: Oily Ooze (poisons foe)

Meet Kangajolt, the Jumping Pokemon!
Kangajolt is a kangaroo-like Pokemon which jumps high and kicks very hard, to count for its small size! It is an Electric/Fighting type!
Meet Yeetexcreta, the Dung Beetle Pokemon!
Yeetexcreta rolls mud along with rocks and shoots them off at speeds of 1784739 mph! It is a Ground/Bug!
Meet Najaloch, the Aquatic Cobra Pokemon!
Najaloch spits a water and acid concotion of foes. When it opens its frills, drops of water fly out and they immediately pressurize, becoming like bullets. Najaloch then makes them close in on the foe. It swims at a slow speed at the bottom of the ocean.
Meet the new gym leader, Terry!
He uses a Yeetexcreta!

Last edited:
Meet Galarian Volbeat and Illumise!
Galarian Volbeat is Bug/Electric, and Illumise is Bug/Fire!
Galarian Illumise evolves into the new Pokemon Lampyre!
Galarian Volbeat evolves into the new Pokemon Electrinsect!

Meet a gym leader of Orado, Vernon!
He's a young five year old who uses bug type Pokemon!

I'm reworking this region. A few Pokemon from Orado will return, but the starters have been changed.
Say hello to the new region, Arido (spanish for "dry"), based on the Serengeti and Sub-sahara parts of Africa!
Meet the new starters!
Say hello to:
Wheeleaf, the Elephant Pokemon!
Wheeleaf's legs are stylized as wheels. It has a pair of leaves on its back, that make it look like a mini-truck.
Type: Grass
Ability: Overgrow
Height: 2'6"
Weight: 60 lbs.
Wheeleaf can move a triple of its weight with its truck alone. It doesn't move very fast, but is very tough.

Coalt, the Horse Pokemon!
Coalt has a trojan horse aesthetic.
Type: Fire
Ability: Blaze
Height: 1'11"
Weight: 23 lbs.
Coalt can run very fast. Wherever it runs, embers follow.

Nordrop, the Wooden Lizard Pokemon!
An aquatic lizard with wooden/like designs.
Type: Water
Ability: Torrent
Height: 1'4"
Weight: 31 lbs.
Nordrop swims at moderate speeds, carrying an air of importance with it.

Last edited:
I know you've decided to rework your region, but I thought I'd comment on some of the older stuff nonetheless.

I quite like Comathols. I'm a sucker for mushroom aesthetics (I'd hunt for mushroom biomes in Minecraft), and the mental image I have of a mossy sloth with mushrooms looks really cool. Though, I'd go with Celestidae because I really like the pre-evolution and Water/Psychic sounds neat.
Say hello to Overdrive! It is a phenomenon that makes Pokemon extremely powerful! Only a select amount of Pokemon species get this magnificent form!
Say hello to some Overdrive forms!
While this reminds me a lot of Megas, I do like the name and concept. The idea of a Pokemon energizing itself to an extreme point seems really cool. I'm imagining the Pokemon getting glowy lines on their bodies and having glowing eyes.
Hypnotox! A Dart Frog Pokemon! Poison/Psychic!
Hypnotox uses its poison to hypnotize its foes!
This reminds me of the Poison/Psychic salamander I though of, with a similar hypnotic poison gimmick. At any rate, this is a pretty cool concept, and definitely what I'd love to see GameFreak bring to life.

You probably saw this on my profile, but he still deserves an official "release".
Say hello to Dreamite and its evolution, Tickmare!
Dreamite, the Mite Pokemon, drains people's "dream energy" for sustenance. It spins webs that form dream-catchers. It evolves into Tickmare, which can basically do all the previous but turned up to 11, and is seen in nightmares constantly. Bug/Psychic type!
An unknown Pokemon has been spotted.
Scientists have dubbed it Overdrivah. Its a cat like Pokemon, but we have no DNA samples, so its type is unknown. It might be the base of the Overdrive phenomenon.

The Return of Aridoan Forms!
Some Pokemon have been found to have adapted to the Arido region, as their previous habitats were unavailable!
Aridoan Totodile and Croconaw, and the new evolution, Geodilian!
Totodile from the Johto region were imported into Orado early on. However, the lake they lived in dried up during The Arido Calamity, and it became the Azalea Desert. The Totodile living there adapted to living on land, and swimming through sand instead of water. They became Rock-type Pokemon! Due to Feraligatr's biological needs, Aridoan Croconaw could not evolve, and instead adopted a new evolution, Geodilian, a Rock/Dragon Pokemon!
Aridoan Hippopotas and Hippowdon!
As if in reverse with the Totodile family, Hippowdon from Sinnoh could not live in the desert, and migrated to the beaches. They eventually adapted to the water, and became Water/Grass types that fire high-pressure water to kill insects on their skin.

Say hello to Lemight and its evolution, Wrestlemur!
Lemight and its evolution are Normal/Fighting types! They use their fists, legs and tails to fight! Whoever is the strongest in the group leads the clan! They have a new ability, known as Bravery! When faced by an enemy who has a super-effective move, it boosts its Attack and Speed by one stage!
Welcome Aridoan Chimchar and Monferno, and their evolution, Cloudkong!
Chimchar in Arido meditated instead of generating fire, and lost that ability, but achieved enlightenment, allowing them to generate air to levitate and float. They are Fairy types. Since Infernape were dependent on that trait they lost, they adapted a new evolution, Cloudkong, which is a Fairy/Flying type! It floats around on a cloud and meditates, meanwhile firing special attacks!

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom