• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Welcome to the redesigned Bulbagarden Forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm suspecting you're attempting to take time to convert the social groups into something more forum-like, but as it stands now, having threads go from oldest to newest posts is just counterintuitive.

And since I might as well ask this, why do we have such a limited selection of icons below our user titles? Is there something about setting up public usergroups that I missed or has it not been updated in a long while? I find it kind of absurd that only "pledging allegiance" to main characters from the Indigo season actually gets you one of those icons, and I would like to expand the roster.

I believe that's because you need to make said icons, and if your group hasn't, then we don't have any by default. You do have to send them in to one of the admins though.

The only one that was actually created by "us" (Bulba-staff) was the League of Neutral Posters IIRC.

I'm working on the display order of posts.

I believe that's because you need to make said icons, and if your group hasn't, then we don't have any by default. You do have to send them in to one of the admins though.

The only one that was actually created by "us" (Bulba-staff) was the League of Neutral Posters IIRC.

I'm working on the display order of posts.

(And it was created by Bulba-Staff because three-quarters of the original members of the League were Bulba-Staff at the time)

Archaic, please tell me the staff will be open to user input as part of this process. I'm a little annoyed you mentioned getting rid of the clubs forum, and to be fair, if you're doing this for the users, you really should reflect that by taking any suggestions and criticism. I'd hate to think by making Bulbagarden better the staff ends up screwing over the users who are the reason it exists in the first place.

We are always open to user input.

The reason we're hoping to get rid of the clubs forum is because social groups in vB 3.0.8 all get their own private little forums. Which would you prefer, having a whole mini forum for your club, or a single thread in a cluttered forum where it's difficult to find anything? When we do get rid of the clubs forum, it'll get replaced by a forum level link to social groups, so you'll still easily be able to find them regardless of if you navigate the site with the navbar or not.

Another little change that's just been done. Remember the old arcade we had, with all those extra games? Well, they're back. =D We've finally been able to convert those games to the new system, and while there's still a few glitches we need to fix here and there, they should all be playable within the next few minutes after this post. Enjoy. =D

Last edited:
Hmm. There seems to be a problem with the Flash, each time I open up the arcade and play one of the old new games I get an error. o_o

"Warning: fopen(arcade/chopper.swf) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/arcade.php on line 632"

That's what I got..

Also, the Diamond and Pearl theme is being really glitchy for me. o_O Nearly everything except for the blue and pink has been replaced with the default layout's images and colors..

Yup, still had a few glitches to work out of the system when I posted that. Should be working properly now. And surprisingly, we were able to recover the old high scores. Scores since the new arcade went up may have been lost, not entirely sure on that, but there shouldn't be any issues there now other than that.

I'll take a look at the DP theme issue now. I've got a feeling I know what the problem there is. Take a look at it in 5 mins or so after emptying your cache, then let me know exactly what things you're seeing that are different to what they should be.

Archaic: when can the forums be expected to be back up and fully operational for all users?

Also, will the old Tetris ever come back? As much as I love the new puzzle games in the arcade, I miss original Tetris. EDIT: Oh, it's still there, I just didn't see it the first time.

(Good job scoring Zookeeper, though. Coolest Bejeweled clone EVER.)

I'd like to report an issue. Several users have been unable to access Bulbagarden at all. I took a screenshot of the error message that is displayed.

I was only able to access the forums after editing my host files:

(Thanks to nickstr for the directions)

Open your computer go to drive C: then open the Windows folder followed by System32, then open Drivers followed by etc. There should be a file there named Hosts, you should move this file to you desktop then open this file with notepad and find this line:

::1 localhost

Under that line add the following:

75.126.149.175 bmgf.bulbagarden.net
75.126.149.175 bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net
75.126.149.175 bulbanews.bulbagarden.net
75.126.149.175 archives.bulbagarden.net

Save and return the file to the etc folder.

EDIT: Ah, already answered. Thanks, Archaic.

Okay. I'll be sure to remove the addition when then the DNS is resolved.

The like the new new design. Really creative with the Reply and Quote buttons.

Yeah, I was looking for the new layout, but I didn't see one hah

It's much easier on the eyes than the prior default, and I love the banner.

:)

I kind of abandoned that banner idea I had talked to you about, thinking about it. xD I'll probably come back to it within the next week or so.

It's about time we took down the Christmas design, and I like the new organized way

What exactly is the coding cave supposed to be about?

Also, good overhaul. It'll take a lot of time to get used to since it feels more like I'm moving into a different forum lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom