• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Welcome to the University of Pokemon! (start up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyFlareon

bowtie coconut birb
Reaction score
Let's get started! ^_^ Thank you again to everyone who joined! Have fun!

Cameron's trademark confident smile stretched across his face, and he strode down onto campus in his tight black pants, black boots, and loose sleeveless shirt, the same royal dark blue as his eyes. A slight gold chain links the two shoulders, one above the other, and this shirt was simply perfect for showing off his lean arms.

Classes began today, and despite being a third year, Cameron simply couldn't wait. The sky was clear, and the weather was pleasantly hot -- a perfect day to spend outside. He glanced down at the piece of paper he'd printed out, reminding him of his class. "Right -- let's see if there's any cute ones coming in this year."

James stepped off the plane with a smile on his face. After all, flying on a private jet that your father borrowed from his company tends to have that effect on people.

James made the short walk over to the campus and looked around as he went. Seeing everything with a slightly tinted view due to his designer sunglasses, James made sure to make careful observations of everything that he passed. Feeling the warm weather outside, James took off his sweater, revealing his sky blue polo shirt. James was glad that he had worn his jeans and leather sandals rather than something nicer.

Looking down at his platinum watch, James realized that he had a few minutes to kill before his first class. "Let's see what's going on around here." James thought to himself as he glanced around the campus.

A young brown haired girl strolled down the main route of the campus--despite her only being a first year student, the enthusiasm of the staff that gave the orientation tour a few weeks before still resonated within her--and she was hoping to spread that enthuiasm, be it through the popular tunes and old marches of the concert band or showing off an appeal in a contest.

Since it was a little hotter outside than she anticiopated, she removed her sparkling red jacket and stashed it away in her backpack, in between the Appeals 101 and Algebra and You textbooks that sat in her backpack. Fortunately, Basic Appeals and College Algebra were her only two classes today.

She was approaching the Union Square, where the student union was located. The library was just a short walk across from the union, but the square was surprisingly empty at this hour--most likely everyone was buying textbooks or killing time in the union building. Basic Appeals didn't even begin for another hour, so she decided to make herself comfortable on a knoll overlooking the union and watch people stroll.

A rustling in her backpack got her attention, so she unzipped a smaller pocket on the side of her pack, allowing the Pikachu inside access to the open. "You okay, Lita?" she asked.

"Pika chu..." the Pikachu sighed as it fanned itself with the girl's schedule.

"You're hot? Let's go get some water, then." With that, the girl walked inside the union and searched for a water fountain...

I finally reached the campus. "Long walk..." I whispered, looking around to try to find where I was to go, since class didn't start for a while.

"Come on mom, let me go!" Ellery yelled as he begged his mom to stop hugging him.

"I can't, if I let you go you won't comeback" his mom was crying which just made his shirt wet and it just made him more embarrassed of being seen with people, specially since most of the people here were way more mature than him. "Remember to study" she said and started wagging her finger in front of Ellery.

"I know mom, now let me go!" Ellery yelled and his mom finally lost her grasp on him. "Thanks, bye" Ellery waved as he started walking into campus. "College, finally I'm a man, dorms, frats, girls, girls, GIRLS" he said and kept walking over to the Union building.

I heard someone say girls. Wondering who said it, I turned around to see a sign. Union Room. i stated walking toward it, guessing that was where people were gathering. I felt a pokeball shake. "Tyrouge, we can train later." I continued walking.

Donovan approached the Pokémon Academy with a small suitcase, his acoustic guitar and butterflies in his stomach. He looked around at the other students and thought maybe he should say hi to someone but felt too shy. The shy boy's Pokémon weren't out of their Pokéballs because he was afraid those studying to be trainers might see his Pokémon as weak. He would wait until his Kakuna and Ledyba evolved.
He sat on an empty bench, unsure of whether he should go in yet. The bedheaded 19 year old decided he needed something to pass the time and took his guitar out of it's case and started to sing and play.

My pokeball shaked some more. I lightly picked it from my pocket. It popped open in my face, causing me to get punched by a Tyrouge. "Bad Tyrouge!" I yelled. I put him back in his ball.

James watched a guy get punched in the face by a Tyrogue. Unable to resist, James started to laugh at the scene.

"Man, I am so glad my Pokemon are well-trained..." James thought to himself as he walked into the building labeled Union Room.

"I'm not going to get laughed at again. Into the laptop with you!" I pulled out a thick block of metal which unfolded a laptop. I pulled open a slide and put the pokeball on it. It sunk into the slide, transferring it into data. I closed the laptop and continued to the door, which I walked into.

Allison was walking to the university too at first he heard someone shouting girls then she saw a kid getting hit by a Tyrouge. She started to snicker at the scene and saw someone else laughing too. She began walking into the Union Room place not knowing he Electivire was out of it's ball following behind her. "This should be an interesting time" Allison whispered. Electivire nodded in agreement.

I breezed past a boy grappling with a Tyrogue and over to a water fountain by the bathrooms and the elevator. After setting Lita down to where she would be able to reach the water stream, I pressed the button at the bottom, triggering the water.

Lita happily lapped up the cold water for a minute or two before she signaled me that she wasn't thirsty anymore. Her ears then pricked up at the notes of an acoustic guitar drifting over the noise of the crowd of people and Pokemon. "Pika?"

"No, that doesn't sound like a song I know." I replied to her as we approached the boy that was playing the guitar. His lyrics were unintelligible over the crowd, but I could at least hear the melody.

Inspired, I fumbled for the harmonica I kept with me and added a quiet shuffle rhythm over the boy's song.

(I know I switched POVs, but it's easier for me to RP in first person)

Last edited:
Aila walked speedily toward the Union Center, trying to get there as fast as she could, while still trying to look graceful and ready for the new year, her silver hair flowing in the air behind her. At her side, an akward looking Claydol bobbed up and down in the air, trying to keep up. As she passed by the few people wandering the campus, she muttered a quick "hi," or , "how are you," though not stopping for any reply.

She brushed her hair out of her face when she could finally see the steps of the Union Building, but she kept her steady pace.

"Sorry, Nestra," she said, somewhat out of breath, heading up the stairs, "I just don't want to miss anything on the first day! I didn't mean to drag you along. I'm sorry." The Claydol continued bobbing at her side, and spun its head slightly, as though to say there was no harm done.

Her black high heels noisily clicked against the stone steps before she finally reached the doors. She stopped, caught her breath, and opened the door, holding it open for her Claydol before she walked inherself, forcing a smile.

Last edited:
"How much longer do you think we have Beauty?" Beauty cried out and started angling downward towards the campus, that I just noticed. After a few more moments, we reached the ground, "Good work, Milotic, return!" A flash of red, and she went back into her Pokeball. "Now for the front office for a schedule!" I started running off towards what looked like the main building; when I reached the door, I pulled it open and ran in.

OOC: I am SO sorry for not clarifying this, but all your characters should already have their schedules. Registration for classes happens weeks beforehand -- since this is the first quarter/semester (probably going to go on a quarter system, in which each class is only 10 weeks long), registration would have happened during the summer. How early you register depends on the number of units you've accumulated (each class is worth a certain number of units, usually 4 or 5). Most of you, being first years, would be among the last to register, whereas someone like my character, who's a third year and has therefore taken more units, would register fairly early. Sorry for any confusion!

IC: Cameron looked around the Union Square, scanning what appeared to be a group of first years, and mentally took stock, tapping his lip thoughtfully. "Let's see now...who to go up to first? The rich kid? He's pretty cute...hm..."

With a smirk twitching onto his lips, he descended into the square, but winced when he saw one of the other boys get punched by his Tyrogue. Seeing that he had it under control, however, he continued walking, feeling eyes of other students turn in his direction and smirking. If there was one thing he knew how to do, it was make an entrance.

The sound of a guitar caught his ear, and he turned toward the sound. Sitting on a table a couple tables over was a boy who looked like another first year, playing and looking like he didn't have a care in the world. As Cameron stood, transfixed at the music, a girl with a Pikachu and a harmonica shyly walked up to him and began playing along. 'Ooh, he's a cute one!' Cameron thought, beginning to walk over. 'And a musician to boot!' As he approached, he let the girl enter in with a few bars on her harmonica before making up lyrics on the spot, dancing as if this impromptu gathering were a planned show.

"I don't caare, baby, no no, don't care what you say
You gotta know, that you're the one for me
Never seen anyone like you before, who could keep my breath at bay
Just gimme a chance, I'll make you see..."

As he sang, he started dancing, using the tables as props and bending over to catch the new boy's eye and smirk before sliding back and turning around, looking over his shoulder at him once more slyly. Some girls had already formed a crowd around them, staring at him as he dance. Cameron recognized most of them -- they'd all asked him out at one time or another before they discovered he was gay. That hadn't stopped some of them, however -- at least one of these girls was convinced that she would be able to 'turn him straight.' Though Cameron knew it would never work, he'd found it easier to just humor her.

His hips swung fluidly with the music as he continued to make up lyrics, and while he was sure it was a show from the front, Cameron also made sure that the cutie behind him had a good view as well. With another look over his shoulder, he smirked again at the boy and winked, making his movements oh-so-slightly more suggestive.

"Ok, so we have, Pokemon Bio, followed by Pokemon Medicines, and then a double course of Tech.! Yay!" I said as I walked out of the main office with my schedule and a list of classmates. Look, a group of people, I best go make myself known!

Aila stood at the end of the room, the Claydol hovering beside her. She looked in dismay at the empty room, almost expecting all of the students to jump out and shout, "Suprise!", explaining that their absence was just a joke, but no one was there.

"Ugh..." she siged and hung her head. She picked her sore, right foot off the ground and gingerly felt her ankle. "Please tell me today was the welcome ceremony, and not yesterday..." The Claydol sightly nudged its trainer, trying to make her feel better. Aila sighed again.

"It's alright... It's not like it was anything big..." She looked out the nearest window, seeing a group of students standing at the square.

"What could be going on there?" She said, walking closer to the window.

James took a look around him. Seeing a group of girls, he flashed a bright smile at them and flicked his sunglasses off. Winking at them, James waved and walked off towards the guy who had been playing the guitar. James put his sunglasses on before talking to the guitar player.

"That was pretty good man." James said from the center of the gathered group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom