• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Were all of Tobias Pokémon "legendary" in his team or did he have "normal" ones too?

For me, I really look to see him challenge Cynthia with his pokemons, or challenge Battle Pyramid
It's my own humourous little headcanon that his Darkrai and Latios fell to Aaron's Bug type team, the thought never fails to make me giggle.

Battle Pyramid? I'd pay to watch Tobias vs Brandon!

If he had a full legendary team then it might be something like this:
Darkrai
Latios
Zapdos
Entei
Cobalion
Landorus

It's my own humourous little headcanon that his Darkrai and Latios fell to Aaron's Bug type team, the thought never fails to make me giggle.

Battle Pyramid? I'd pay to watch Tobias vs Brandon!
Well I really love battle pyramid and hope to see this great match

And Aeron is one of the easing players who I think Paul can beat him

Did we really just bring back a thread that was dead in 2013? Hmm, bet this gets closed at some point right?

Anyway, I've always assumed the Entei from the opening was Tobias's as well. Kinda hard to think what else he might have, but he clearly had 6 I would think

In my headcanons I've always pictured him with a Raikou. I guess Entei makes more sense though given it appeared in the opening of Sinnoh League Victors. Perhaps it's good we'll never know since Tobias is already one of the most if not THE most OP characters in the show as it is. Because as if Tobias wasn't already ridiculous enough. It was said he defeated 8 Gyms with just Darkrai so if he truly had 4 more Legendaries besides Darkrai and Latios, that's just bad.

Did we really just bring back a thread that was dead in 2013? Hmm, bet this gets closed at some point right?
No it won't, we don't have any rule about reviving old threads as long as the thread topic isn't completely outdated. This is still something that can be debated about. We'd like to keep as many threads open as possible since that way there's a lot of topics that can be discussed by users.

I saw a WMG (Wild Mass Guess) that Tobias was simply an illusion created by Darkrai because it wanted to compete in the Pokémon League with its friend Latios for the hell of it. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, meaning "Tobias" would have never had any other Pokémon since he never existed in the first place. As for why I'd think Darkrai would due such a thing, it's a Dark-type Pokémon that causes nightmares. What bigger nightmare would there be than for a good trainer to lose a chance at their dream in real life?

Of course, this theory falls flat since Darkrai was defeated, yet "Tobias" illusion didn't fade away. Maybe another Pokémon pretended to be a trainer and asked its legendary friends to help keep up the charade? Or Latios simply maintained the Tobais illusion for its friend.

I guess I always saw Tobias as owning a Lucario (boo, clique, I know)... Next easiest thing might have been a Tyranitar or Dragonite, maybe even a Salamance.

No it won't, we don't have any rule about reviving old threads as long as the thread topic isn't completely outdated. This is still something that can be debated about. We'd like to keep as many threads open as possible since that way there's a lot of topics that can be discussed by users.
So this is the cool forum huh... So use to every other site I'm a member of shutting down topics that don't generate discussion for a couple years or so.

Not sure I remember this, but way back when the preview for Ash's battle with Tobias had come out, many people speculated that the remainder of Tobias' team consisted of random, low-level Pokemon like Pidgey and Starly that he just had to capture to have 6 of. Of course, it's probably not true since he has Latios.

Four Magikarp!

I don't think they'd be more legendaries... but they probably would just give him 6 legends. Could be some Psuedos.

I saw a WMG (Wild Mass Guess) that Tobias was simply an illusion created by Darkrai because it wanted to compete in the Pokémon League with its friend Latios for the hell of it. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, meaning "Tobias" would have never had any other Pokémon since he never existed in the first place. As for why I'd think Darkrai would due such a thing, it's a Dark-type Pokémon that causes nightmares. What bigger nightmare would there be than for a good trainer to lose a chance at their dream in real life?

Of course, this theory falls flat since Darkrai was defeated, yet "Tobias" illusion didn't fade away. Maybe another Pokémon pretended to be a trainer and asked its legendary friends to help keep up the charade? Or Latios simply maintained the Tobais illusion for its friend.

That'd be pretty cool but I think I'd be annoyed at the sillyness XD

You've been here since 2012 and you've only just realised this?! Tut tut.
Well that 2012 thing is misleading, I was here for about a week or so and then forgot all about it for roughly 4 years. It was since my temp ban over at Serebii that I remembered I had an account here and thus here we are.

I like to think that each of his choice of Pokémon was weaker than the first - which means that his last Poke could've just been an untrained Magikarp. Since he won all of his (Sinnoh) region gym badges with his Darkrai alone, he probably raised it enough to be as powerful as it was and neglected most of his other 'Mons once he got the Darkrai. And also trained his Latios and perhaps one other enough to serve as backup. He probably just sent his strongest Pokémon to battle first to save time.

Of course, that's pure speculation and we'll never truly know for sure.

I want another Ash vs Tobias, Ash should choos all his aces for this battle and Tobias with his mystery team.
He defeats his 2 legends with 4 pokemon being defeated and 1 weakened. then Tobias sends out.....4 Magikarps! The last one having the most experience. Ash defeats 3 with his 5th pokemon and then the last one evolves! And quickly takes out Ash's 5th pokemon and then Pikachu enters the show.
The result is what you want it to be, it can be another lose or a win.
I really want this to happen and that should happen in the finals of world tournament (the tournament that I think will happen at the end of a pokemon anime with Ash's all rivals participating in it.)

It's difficult to say if Tobias had only two legendaries or more. The main point is that he was a character created only to prevent Ash from winning the League.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom