• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Were the Sevii Islands meant to be the Video Game equivalent....

They're obviously a reference to them, but the Orange Islands saga was the equivalent of the game's Elite 4... so it's all pretty much swings and roundabouts.

They have little reference to one another, seeing as their map is much different, and Orange Isles are south of Kanto/Johto while Sevii Isles are east.

I read in my games that the Sevii Islands are way south of Kanto. Plus, Lorelei appears in both of them.

The Orange Islands saga was created due to Pokemon Yellow. Pokemon Yellow is based on the anime, so to make the anime based on Pokemon Yellow would be to make the anime based on itself. Thus, they created the Orange Islands.

In the FR/LG Map of Kanto, on the water next to the Route 14, you can see SeaGallop, apparently heading east. But it's too small to see it on the FR/LG Kanto Map scan from Bulbapedia. I remember that someone showed a close-up of this. But I currently don't have it.

I really don't think so because they even mentioned Sevii Islands in the anime.

They never mentioned Sevii Islands in the anime.

I've been to Route 14, and I never saw SeaGallop.

SeaGallop might have other destinations than Sevii.

Someone in the game (And therefore this is canon) said that the Sevii Islands were far south of Kanto.

And then there's Pokemon 2000, with Lugia, and Navel Rock, with Lugia.

yes Lugia inhabits Navel Rock in Sevii and lives in the Orange Islands

i dont really care,i think the Sevii Islands are the Orange Islands in my mind since Orange Islands have not been mentioned

The Orange Islands would be impossible to implement in a videogame, simply because there are so many of them, with little interesting landmarks established on them. In fact, there are islands that Ash and co only spent about 30 seconds of the beginning of an episode on. . .

I think the Orange Islands are to the Sevii Islands as Ash is to Red and Gary is to Green. They are very similar, but not exactly the same.

They never mentioned Sevii Islands in the anime.

I've been to Route 14, and I never saw SeaGallop.

SeaGallop might have other destinations than Sevii.

Someone in the game (And therefore this is canon) said that the Sevii Islands were far south of Kanto.

And then there's Pokemon 2000, with Lugia, and Navel Rock, with Lugia.

You never really see anything going anywhere unless it's important to the game. Especially given the fact that FRLG doesn't have an internal clock, unlike the rest of the Gen III games, so things really can't be timed and such.

And who said that they're far south? I got a guy in [bp=Six Island (town)]Six Island[/bp] that says something about being far from the city, but nothing about being south.

And I don't really see a connection between Navel Rock and Shamouti Island. After all, only one of the legendary birds was moved to the Sevii Islands, and that's mostly because Moltres was waaaaaaay out of place in Victory Road in the first place.

Yes, they forgot about it in the dub and gave it some made up name instead.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom