• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Mafia Wereword - Endgame

Would you like to play till Round 10

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Welcome everyone to Wereword! The game mafia inspired word guessing game. Now, can you guess the word I'm thinking of currently...? That's right, RULES!

This game is for up to 10 players and each player gets a Role
- Villager: the majority of players with no special powers
- Seer: there is 1 seer who knows the word. They are part of the Villager team, but can not reveal the word outright or state their role for reasons that will become clear in a moment
- Werewolves: there are 1 or 2 werewolves depending on the amount of players, they know who the other werewolf is and know the word

- Mayor: an extra role added on top of the above roles to 1 player. They choose from a random selection, they cannot talk and can only answer questions that the other players give them.

So this might sound confusing so let me explain how the game is played.
After randomly assigning roles to each player the Mayor, in private, chooses 1 of 5 possible words which are randomly generated by the official companion app that I'll be using.
Then I will PM the Seer and Werewolves what the word is. (and telling the wolves who their ally is, they do not have a wolf chat)
After that the players have 48h to guess the word by asking Yes/No questions. The Mayor can then only answer with Yes, No, Maybe (for questions you're not certain of or those that are ambiguous for example)
The Mayor also has access to 3 one-time answers they can use:
- Way Way Off: for when the players going in the complete opposite direction or misinterperate the mayor
- So Close: for when the players are really close to the answer
- Correct: only for when the playes guess the actual answer
The Mayor may only post by quoting questions and using the above answers, they are not allowed to quote and respond to regular sentences or topics of discussion. Of course, this wouldn't be TWR without lying and the Mayor may lie all he want (except with the Correct response) which you might want to do if you're also a werewolf...

How to win
If the village team does not guess the word in time then all players (incl. the Mayor) may discuss who the werewolves are and everyone votes a player mafia style. If they voted a werewolf, villagers win. If they voted a villager, the werewolves win.
If the village team does indeed guess the word then the werewolves may discuss who to kill. If they kill a regulat villager, the villagers win. However, if they kill the Seer, the werewolves still win even though the word was guess correctly. This is why the seer must not make himself obvious yet still help town in the right direction.

Rounds
We will play multiple rounds and randomly pass the Mayor role to anyone who hasn't been a Mayor yet. For each round that your team wins you get a point, the player(s) with the most round points wins.
If we have 10p then we'll do 5 rounds or 10 if the players want to continue after the first 5, giving everyone a chance at being the Mayor. The app has 3 difficulty levels which I will increase after 2 rounds per level.

to show that you have read the rules, put the following word in your sign up post correct

So... do you have what it takes to win this game?

Players:
1. @Max1996
2. @ZinnLav
3. @prog rocker
4. @DekuNut
5. @Pika_pika42
6. @LazySpy
7. @Tood
8. @CyanideCrystal
9. @Giri
10. @Snowy

Last edited:
Have I read this correct? I can't imagine how Town could guess the word correct if the Mayor is a Werewolf, because you'd only know they're lying if you're the Seer and you can't reveal that without getting killed, just confused how a Town would guess the word correct in a round like that.
May as well sign up, hope my other mafia games don't make me lose focus here

I can't imagine how Town could guess the word correct if the Mayor is a Werewolf, because you'd only know they're lying if you're the Seer and you can't reveal that without getting killed, just confused how a Town would guess the word correct in a round like that.
If this is a serious question, it's very simple. If they can't guess it because the mayor is a wolf then everyone, incl. seer, must discuss who the werewolf is. If the mayor was obviously putting you on the wrong path then you just vote them. The mayor has to be subtle.

If this is a serious question, it's very simple. If they can't guess it because the mayor is a wolf then everyone, incl. seer, must discuss who the werewolf is. If the mayor was obviously putting you on the wrong path then you just vote them. The mayor has to be subtle.
Ohh so if a Werewolf Mayor just outright lied and nobody guesses the word, then the Seer would just claim Seer during voting and say the Mayor lied.

They can't reveal the word or outright claim, but if they're pretty adamant the Mayor is lying they can hint at being the Seer. As I understand it the main reason the Seer shouldn't claim is because they'd get killed by the werewolves if they guess the word correctly. Sorry if I'm looking into this too much Darth, it just stood out in my mind.

As I understand it the main reason the Seer shouldn't claim is because they'd get killed by the werewolves if they guess the word correctly.
There’s also the fact that if they claimed, it would be pretty easy to get the word right, and if counterclaimed would easily backfire on the wolves.

I'll join in as well, although I'm still a bit confused on the correct way to go about playing this game.

Round 1
Back
Top Bottom