• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What age did you start liking pokemon?

Marluxia

Flower Power.
Reaction score
I personally started when I was 12, I didn't really acknowledge them before that time.

I was about 7. I remember watching my first episode, when Mankey took Ash's hat! :lol:

Since it came out, I believe I was 5. That christmas, everything I got was pokemon, plus i got like, 10 booster packs of the cards. (which as we all know is the coolest thing ever when youre a five year old pokemon fan.) I never got red/blue though because i didnt have a gameboy D:

Probably 4 or 5, I was hooked when I saw the first movie on 4Kids even if I didn't even understand what was going on! xD I just basically rooted Mew because I knew he was the good guy...

Once my sister bought Pokemon Emerald wen I was in second grade, I was then really hooked. I begged my mom and dad to get me Pokemon LeafGreen for months until they got me it on my birthday, I then lost it the following year. (I didn't really 'lose' it, someone stole it from me D<)

Pokémon anime started here in Finland in the late '99, so I was 7 back then. Of course I liked Pokémon already back then a lot, but Game Boy Color and Blue really made a huge and passionated fan like I'm nowadays :p. I got GBC and Blue, when I was 8.

When I was 8. When I was in USA, I came across the anime. The episode I saw was of Cyndaquil and some Hot Air Balloon from Johto. I saw it regularly for the 2 months I was there. 2 years later, it started airing back home. Got myself a GBC and Silver version in that same year and a GBA and Ruby version a year later.

Nine or ten. Possibly later. Never liked it as a kid, because I only knew about the anime. Didn't play video games back then either.

I was seven or so when I got red and blue. 1997
I was living in Bermuda so pokemon hit a bit later.

I played red when I was six. I am not sure if I played it when five... but I definitely beat it got to the elite4 when six. (I remember Blue being very difficult, and I didn't beat him after having left the game aside for some time)
Then left it... until I played emerald as... twelve? thirteen? I emulated it to see if I wanted to buy it when it came out, and from there I got back into the games.
I tried crystal sometime before that too.

Man, pokemon is an old franchise already...

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom