• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What age did you start liking pokemon?

15, although when I was around 7 or 8 I bought some cards because the other kids had them. I didn't actually know which Mons were which, but I remember loving Lugia from the second movie ads.

Well, For pokemon as a whole, I collected the cards when I was 15-16 in high school. But for the video games, its been about a year oddly enough, I have leaf green,Soul silver,Platinum,Emerald

Saw the show when I was like 5 (I got the first episode on VHS...), collected all the merchandise until I finally got a GBC a year later, collecting Blue, Yellow, and Crystal on the way.

I was introdouced to it by a co-worker when I worked at one of my first jobs, so I was at least 20 before I was introduced, and then I got one of the games later. I think gold and silver where out by then.

I was 5 when I started watching the original series on TV and when I got a little older I started playing my brother's games (Blue and Crystal). 11 years later, still loving it. :)

Last edited:
I became a fan when I was 8 years old, after watching the first episode of the anime. I watched the anime for years and collected trading cards, just because I thought they were pretty :)

I played my first pokemon game (I think it was red) when I was 12/13, because a friend lended it to me. I was only allowed to keep the gameboy for a week though, so I never got past the first gym.

My first complete playthrough (diamond) was when I was 16 and got a part-time job, so I could finally afford a Nintendo DS.

I am 11. I watched AG when I was five, and bought Ruby and FireRed for my GBA. I got Diamond for my DS in 2007. Since then, I have gotten every Gen II I and IV game.

i was three. my aunt bought me a poster of 151 pokémon and i memorized them.

I used to hate Pokemon for their popularity when I was 12, but I ended up liking it anyway, after learning that it was a Nintendo franchise (by seeing the Super Smash Bros. box).

I was 5 or 6. I did about anything BUT the main game series (I played spinoffs for the 64 until I was 9) I collected the cards (but didn't know how to play), I watched the show on video tapes about a million times because I didn't know it was on tv, and I still have a bunch of toys from when I was little :3

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom