• Snowy leaves Circhester and heads to Spikemuth. Watch here as his Rotom Bike learns to swim...somehow.
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

What age did you start liking pokemon?

Chuck Norris Impersonator
Reaction score
I was like 6 or 7. Maybe younger. I started right when the games, show, and phenomenon started in America.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was five years old when the anime premiered in the States - soon after, I got Red version for my birthday and was instantly hooked.

▬ ▬▐▀ ██ ██ ▀█▀ ▬ ▬
Reaction score
as long as I remember... seriously

Reaction score
I think I was six, so around 1999/2000. I've been watching the anime since they started showing it here in Slovenia and by the time I got my beloved Pokémon Red, it was too late to turn back :XD2:.

Screenshot Maniac
Reaction score
Haha! I feel so old XD I got into Pokémon when I was 16 around the time I was just leaving school back in '99.

Reaction score
Haha! I feel so old XD I got into Pokémon when I was 16 around the time I was just leaving school back in '99.
When I rediscovered the franchise about two years ago, I was only one year younger. It's similar cause I had to catch up on a whole new generation, so there was a lot of new stuff for me.

I once talked to someone who got into Pokémon at the age of 35, when his kid started playing.

Reaction score
I first got into Pokémon at around 8 or 9 when the anime first game out. I didn't even know the games existed until later.

Terrible Blaziken no. 827
Reaction score
My brother played it when I was 1 (that would be the gen II, I believe) and I seriously got into it.
I got my own game when I was 3, and raised my first L100 by my 4th birthday.