• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What age did you start liking pokemon?

I must have been about... 3 or 4 I guess? My parents were already fans, so I don't really remember a time in which Pokémon wasn't a thing in my life — but my earliest memories of already loving it are from around 2006, during Gen III and still quite a while before Diamond & Pearl came out in the US. (Sorry everyone, I am indeed super young, lol.)

in 3rd grade. my best friend had just moved away, so i was trying to expand my horizons and get into new friend groups, which led me to 2 people. one who i can't stand till this day, and my best friend in the world. both were very into pokemon and introduced me to the series that i still love and hold near and dear to my heart til this day.

Four years old, the Anime got me into the franchise believe it or not (yeah, I wasn't the smartest kid).

• Found out about Pokémon at six
  • Started collecting plushes at seven
  • Started watching the show at seven
  • Don’t know what I did at eight
  • Got my first 3DS and games at nine (that was Hoenn remake and Tomodachi Life)
  • Got my first Pokémon manga at nine
  • Got my first Gen 7 game at ten
  • Made a Pokémon island at ten and shipped people
  • Discovered online trading at eleven
  • Got the final ORAS book at twelve with all of XY and Shield, and Sword
  • Don’t know what I did at thirteen
  • Started writing Pokémon fanfictions at fourteen
  • Got Sinnoh remakes at fourteen
  • Cosplayed as Unova and Hoenn protags for Halloween
Needless to say, I discovered it at six years old and have done a lot of Pokémon related things over the years

The earliest I can remember my love for mons was I think around 5-6 years old. A friend of my brother's had a copy of Emerald that he showed to us, and I believe he had unlocked the Battle Frontier and had like very high leveled mons like Feraligatr and Swampert. From then on it just gradually snow balled.

That’s cool! And hey, welcome to the wiki!
I have a very high level Swampert from my OR game (now in AS because I was Banking mons from there to AS as I was deleting my OR save and giving it to a friend)

I must have been 10 or 11? Maybe 12, but my memory is so fuzzy, I could be off somewhere. It was almost a little like fate how I got into it, though!

We'd just bought a used car and I was scrounging around inside when I ended up grabbing onto a beat up copy of Pearl that'd gotten wedged between the back seats. Got home with zero clue how to play, how to save, or what anything was, but I think it made my first Pokemon experience all the more fun!

I was probably around 5 or 6? My memory of then is REALLY hazy, but watching Black and White on Saturdays (and other days) on Cartoon Network is among my earliest memories... I also got PokéPark 2 as my first game, too! I also read a lot of the Pokémon Adventures books from my local library, too... I'm still every bit a fan now as I was more than 10 years ago!

i was like, 4 i think? i would see the anime on tv and it made me want to get a pokemon game, so firered ended up being my first (it was the most recent game at the time.) i'm gonna be 23 in less than a month so... wow. it's crazy how time passes.... pokemon pretty much made up my whole life from that point on. i didn't really even get that into other things until i was around 12 and started watching other anime and playing more video games. but it's always been my number one. :')

I've liked it for as long as I can remember, but I really got into pokemon at around 8.

I was about 9 when I got into the franchise. During that time in 2007, I saw my brother playing Diamond and was amazed by all the cool Pokemon from those games like Buizel. Eventually, I started with Platinum as my first game in 2009 and was instantly hooked.

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom