• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What animal is Umbreon supposed to be?

That's easy.
It's a fox/cat/rabbit pokemon just like the rest of the eevee family.
People have got to remember that no pokemon is based on a single animal/plant/myth/thing.

Umbreon has rounded ears, not flat like a rabbit's. It seems to me more canine-like to counter balance the more feline nature of Espeon. The way they move in the 3-D games leads me to believe this.

its a fox there ALL foxes the "littel black nose" each of them has and the fact that eevee looks like a fox are tell tale signs

Considering that it "centers" around the moon and nighttime, it's probably based around several animals, most likely being:

- A wolf (it's overall body structure seems to be based on this)

-A cat (note that unlike the other eveelutions, its pupils are slits)
- A rabbit (the Moon rabbit, perhaps?)

It doesn't have to be based off a single animal. It bears traits from various different mammals, so it's probably a combination of many. It does appear a bit more canine-ish comopared to the feline Espeon.

I've always thought of it as more feline-like, but I agree with others who say that it doesn't represent any one mammal over another. A mixture of cat and fox seems to represent it best, IMO.

Hey has anyone seen Eevee!?! He and all his 1stGen evoloutions quite clearly have a mane! Therefore they're lions!!! Lions are big cats!!! Therefore Umbreon is a small dog like maneless lion thing!!! Therefore I believe he is a mixture between a Chihuahua and a Lion!!! Yes it does sound silly but I am serious!!!

So there, take that all you genetic scientists.

while we're on the topic... wtf is cubone supposed to be? I know it's supposed to be like part dinosaur but the fact that it's so small and is a biped kinda makes that irrational. There's also the fact that no one has seen its face...

Every eeveelution is a fox to me. But they have the qualities of others.

Eevee- pure fox
Flareon- fox/dog
Vaporeon- fox/mermaid :p
Jolteon- fox/dog
Espeon- fox/cat
Umbreon- fox/dog
Glaceon- fox/dog
Leafeon- fox/cat

Attila

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom