1. Interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff? See details here.
  2. The forums are going to be down this weekend (tentatively Saturday the 19th) for maintenance as we upgrade the software to XenForo 2. Particularly of note is that blogs are going to be removed for the time being, but we are getting a lot of new features with the upgrade.

For more details, see this thread.

What animation type will M22 be done with, CGI or 2D?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Anime and Manga' started by TapLover, Jan 11, 2019 at 6:10 AM.

Voter count: 8
?

What animation type will M22 be done with?

1. CGI!

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Plain 2D

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. TapLover

TapLover New Member

Blog Posts:
    A movie done with the "Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee" game engine? No thanks

2. NeoMiniTails

NeoMiniTails A soldier of kindness

Blog Posts:
    I highly doubt they'd ever use the game graphics for any of their movies. I do believe that it will be CGI, but I also believe it'll be very pretty computer graphics similar to Final Fantasy.

3. Unown Seer

Unown Seer What now?

Blog Posts:
    The trailer speaks for itself (it can't be that misleading). It's CGI, but it isn't using any game engine.

DarkraiKnight and NeoMiniTails like this.
  4. Hidden Mew

Hidden Mew Administrator Deputy Head Administrator

Blog Posts:
    I don't understand the notion of making a movie with a video game engine. If you mean having similar graphics to the Let's Go games, that makes a bit more sense, but I don't think that they'd make a movie with the same exact graphics as the video games. Based on the teaser trailer, it seems likely that it will be done in CGI. If anything, the designs for Mew and Mewtwo in the trailer made me think of those commercials for the TCG with CGI Pokemon, but with obviously more of a budget behind it to make it look smoother.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.