• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What annoys you most when trying to catch Pokemon?

I know that feel bro, it happened with a shiny Fearow, while leveling up my Togekiss, he always needed two aerial-ace to kill other Fearows, but this one got critically hitted.

I hate when I get a legendary/shiny pokemon down low on HP and then it starts using Struggle. This has happend many times specifically Kyogre and Rayquaza.

I would hate when I would encounter one of those roaming Pokemon (like the Legendary Beasts or Latios/Latias) when all the Pokemon in my party were way above it in level and all their offensive moves were too powerful. Putting it to sleep still helps, but with a catch rate that low it's not much of a help when it's still at full HP.

When they keep escaping. After a while, I just defeat it instead.

I think being too strong is the most annoying part. Like, when you get a Pokemon in the yellow, then use your weakest move on it and that move KO's it...that's such a pain.

I hate it when you throw a quick ball, and the pokemon doesn't want to stay in the damn ball. So you try to weaken it... THEN IT FAINTS ON A CRITICAL HIT!

Suicidal behavior, including, but not limited to; Recoil damage, self-induced confusion and Curse.

And on the lucky side of things; When I was trying to catch a shiny Boldore, and scored a critical hit. I cannot tell you how pleased I was that it had the other-wise annoying Sturdy ability.

Ultra-Rare Pokemon you've been searching for for hours, send out strong pokemon with Cut, chuck lots of balls, get frustrated, use Cut, STAB Crit-Hit. The End.

Finally catching a shiny Giratina in the Distortion World... and then waking up!

Probably has to be when you have your HP bar in the red for your only/final Pokemon, bastard slipping out of the ball and having a higher speed only to knock you out. Oh and it being the rarer species on the route. DS, meet wall!

When I find a rare pokemon and my DS is flashing the red light and I'm nowhere near a plug

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom