• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: What Antivirus do you Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Master Duh

Master of Masters
Reaction score
What Antivirus do you use?

I sometimes run Linux, but for Windows 7 Pro I run Avast+ZoneAlarm Firewall.

Told ya I was bored.

None, i don't need it because it slows down the Computer performance and i don't download anything.

Avast. I have it, but I don't really need it because I never get any viruses.
My computer has been clean for years.

None, i don't need it because it slows down the Computer performance and i don't download anything.
Probably not a good idea. You're still streaming information to and from your computer whenever you browse the internet - it's just not saved into long-term memory in most cases. Few, if any, antivirus programs will slow your performance enough to be noticeable if you're running a half-decent machine. I recommend looking into at least getting a free, lightweight antivirus program. If nothing else, have one installed so that you can run a scan every now and them. It'll be worth it.

Anyway, I use Avast on both my laptop and desktop machines. Used to run Avira on my laptop, but Avast was working so much better that I switched over.

Last edited:
Probably not a good idea. You're still streaming information to and from your computer whenever you browse the internet - it's just not saved into long-term memory in most cases. Few, if any, antivirus programs will slow your performance enough to be noticeable if you're running a half-decent machine, and it's very much worth it. I recommend looking into at least getting a free, lightweight antivirus program. If nothing else, at least have one installed so that you can run a scan every now and them. It'll be worth it.

Anyway, I use Avast on both my laptop and desktop machines. Used to run Avira on my laptop, but Avast was working so much better that I switched over.

I was about to say this. Avast is easy on my resources, even while scanning, and I'm even running Windows 7.

Lol...I bet you have multiple infected files on your computer.

I use AVG and Malwarebytes.

I use Norton Antivirus.

Yeah...

It is actually pretty good now...

CA Anti-Virus. It was ok when i got it, but now my comp crashes like every other week and it constantly tells me that my e-mail is unprotected even though i keep telling it to protect it :/ i hate computers TT_TT

AvaST. My tech-savvy bro recd it. It's sweeeeet.

Symantec Endpoint Protection. Only cuz it's locked onto the school laptop that I'm using.

BitDefender Internet Security 2010. Yeah...

I'm running Linux, so no need :p

But when I do run Windows, I use Comodo's firewall and Proactive Defense. I don't have an actual antivirus program, but nothing's bothered me before.

I use AVG and Norton. The latter can be more of a pain than helpful at times, though.

Lol...I bet you have multiple infected files on your computer.

I use AVG and Malwarebytes.

Probably not a good idea. You're still streaming information to and from your computer whenever you browse the internet - it's just not saved into long-term memory in most cases. Few, if any, antivirus programs will slow your performance enough to be noticeable if you're running a half-decent machine. I recommend looking into at least getting a free, lightweight antivirus program. If nothing else, have one installed so that you can run a scan every now and them. It'll be worth it.

Partly depends on the web browser you use. Internet Explorer is terrible and has so many flaws that, yeah, if you wanna keep your computer antivirus software is mandatory. Firefox is a little better but Chrome is so secure that its not all that necessary, In fact I went a long time not having any such software myself whilst using Chrome and its all good.

I have AVG now, but used to be Norton (changed because the former is three times cheaper whilst doing the same job and, in my opinion, has a simpler interface).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom