• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are Pokeballs made of?

Which made me wonder, is the pokeball inspired from Foongus & Amoonguss??
Spr_5b_590.png
Spr_5b_591.png

Or are they manmade pokemons? O_O

Or maybe the inventor of the 'modern' Pokeball got the idea of the Red-Black Stripe-white design from Foongus/Amoonguss and during the days where the person was building the balls, something happened causing Voltorbs and Electrodes to be created

Or maybe the inventor of the 'modern' Pokeball got the idea of the Red-Black Stripe-white design from Foongus/Amoonguss and during the days where the person was building the balls, something happened causing Voltorbs and Electrodes to be created

yes that sounds like a good theory. But why Foongus? lol...

maybe silicon, due to my theory that pokemon are turned into data when inside a pokeball:bounce:

That's really something I never thought of... Well, I guess they're made of some kind of flexible plastic, or light metal like aluminium. As for the catching part... I don't know how they zap in pokemons that are bigger than them.

A pokeball is what happens when the micro and the macro come together.

Apparently pokeballs, (Which are capable of transferring large amounts of matter from reality to some form of cybernetic matrix that is placed within the small confines of a sphere that is capable of changing in size at the touch of a button.) are made from nuts that grow off of trees.
Welcome to the Pokemon Universe everybody.

1. Find a tree and pull off a nut.
2. Give it to random pokeball guy.
3. Guy carves the nut.
4. ???
5. Gain complex pokeball.
6. PROFIT

Last edited:
Something light, but at the same time strong - most likely carbon fiber, or some kind of light metal.

Obviously there's electronic components inside, but I always imagined the outer shell was some sort of vinyl, with enough "bounce" to it that the ball wouldn't be damaged when you threw it at a Pokémon.

Interior is probably hardened, shockproof electronic components while the exterior may be composed of a mix of light but strong metal alloys and/or composite materials.

I can't seem to think of anything but yet again some good mysteries are left unsaid.

There made out of Poke Balls.

Poke Ball + Poke Ball = Poke Ball :XD:

To be honest I don't know what they are made of but people here have some great theories :)
Maybe there made out of just anime logic. Anything. Can. Happen. In. Anime.

Plastic, silicone circuitry, and a lot of fired-up electrons and neutrons. Simple as that. Or is it?

Different types of pokeballs are made of different things. For example, a normal pokeball is probably made of plastic, while a masterball may be made out of an extremely advanced titanium alloy. As for the interior, I personally think that the interior contains something that helps it do its function. For example, a repeatball might have a transmitter that shows an image of the pokemon you caught of the same species, allowing an interior mechanisim to activate, catching the pokemon. A moonball might have a moonstone, which triggers the interior mechanism, catching the pokemon. While a diveball might flood, making the pokemon you caught interested in exploring it, triggering the mechanism, catching the pokemon.

What ever they are made of it is certainly not strong.If someone can step on it and easily break..well you know

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom