- May 13, 2014
- Reaction score
From the past:
- Kingler: I like the idea of Ash catching unpopular Pokemon, but one that disappears until pulling a DEM at the league? Not much. Muk could be in a similar boat, but, eh, at least it gives us inter series continuity consistently.
- Gible: I understand they wanted to shake up the teams in the final year, but was a Piplup bully their best idea? Grotle, Torterra and Gliscor still had ways to go, like many of the Johto reserves (who could have even promote the games, like our boy Larvitar) and they could have done better.
- Unfezant/Boldore/at least one Unova starter: Yeah, the Unova team as a mess, if you gonna give Ash reserves at least do it with creative types and personalities. I let Palpitoad live because I like it, and because I feel he's memorable in the way that he feels like the Unova team member that sparks the most conversations about how "forgettable" it is lol.
- Goodra: Like the idea, dislike the execution. The fact that Ash still had an space for it at the end of the series shows how unnecessary as to execute its story that way.
- Poipole: It should have been everyone's Pokemon like Cosmog, I don't think that would have undermined its relationship with Pikachu. That way Ash would have room for something less special that could have appeared more.
- Gengar: Nothing personal, but it should have been THE Haunter who came back evolved.
- Lucario: If they are going to pander to the fans, at least pander too to the people who want to know what the f*** happened when Ash used aura powers between 2005 and 2008. Instead we have...this.
- Alazakam/Machamp/Tyranitar: I don't want a repeat of Dragonite or Gengar anytime soon, leave Kanto in peace (yes I know Tyranitar is not Kantonian but is almost as old as them). I wouldn't mind Arcanine or Mewtwo though, as the former hasn't had big roles since DP, and Mewtwo could be an interesting story.
- Eevee or eeveelutions: Nope. Just nope. I don't want to see people arguing endlessly about what form it will evolve, how it losing means the species is being poorly showcased, how the producers are favoring one eeveelution over the others, etc.