• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are some of the DLCs that are better than the main game?

RC821

Reaction score
In the light of the Pokemon Sword and Shield DLCs being better than the main game, are there any other games that have better DLCs?

Resident Evil 7: End of ZOE - After a frustrating main game campaign against the Zombies Moulded with Ethan and his useless guns, you get to rock up as bad boi Joe Baker who first response to seeing a monster is to punch its teeth out. The DLC just keeps getting better until the final boss is a boxing match against what can best be described as a mouldy Terminator and the final attack is a super cinematic slow-mo punch to the head that blows his entire torso clean off.

It was amazing. :bulbaLove:

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion's second add-on, Shivering Isles, made the the original game worthwhile. It takes the player to the Realm of Madness, where the Deadric Lord Sheogorath resides. Its more alien landscape made for a refreshing change of pace from the usual green forest areas of the main overworld of the base game.

I thought Skyrim's first DLC, Dawnguard, was also better than the base TES game. The main questline involving vampires was darker and more atmospheric than the main Dragonborn storyline of the original game. It also added crossbow weapons, gargoyles, the ability to become a vampire and a new follower who has more characterization than any of the followers in the main game, Serana.

While not technically DLC, and is instead a stand-alone expansion pack (that can only be played with the base game), Hordes of the Underdark, the second official expansion pack to Neverwinter Nights, was also a much better experience than the base game. The original campaign was only average, but HotU was a whole new stand-alone campaign game with a better storyline, overall better dungeon design, the ability to travel with two followers instead of one and chapters that take the player to other planes.

Finally, there's the first official stand-alone expansion pack to Neverwinter Nights 2, Mask of the Betrayer, that managed to make the original game, while still a great game in its own right despite its issues IMO, almost look like a joke by comparison.
DLC MotB.jpg
Simply put: AMAZING! Without question my favorite expansion pack to any game I have ever played to date. This stand-alone game oozes atmosphere around every corner, taking players to the weirdest, wildest locations in Faerun and beyond to the Outer Planes. It also salvaged a rather sour ending from the original game (the Good Ending anyway) by continuing the journey of the PC with a new adventure; full of memorable characters, excellent story writing, and unforgettable events & locations. MotB shows how much better a mere expansion pack can be with a different development team.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed Splatoon 2's Octo Expansion, how it went more into detail about Off the Hook, where Agent 3 and Cap'n Cuttlefish were while the events of Octo Canyon took place, and overall some clarification on the lore, oh and the protagonist of the expansion, Agent 8, is an Octoling, so you get to see the story from an Octoling's point of view. Bonus points for letting the player customize Agent 3 to follow the player's canon rather than being restricted to promotional material. I'm just going to add that I'm glad the villain of the DLC isn't DJ Octavio since it would have brought up a huge continuity problem if it was him. And that I want some non-cephalopod villains in Splatoon, there are so many other sea creatures to choose from.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom