• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are some pet peeves that you have?

chocovelvetcake

Your local cake lover ~ ♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
Some of my pet peeves are kinda weird ngl:

- 1+ year old babies' ages still going by months

As weird as this may sound, it honestly kinda irks me when I see people, especially parents, refer to babies ages by months, even though their babies are already a year old or older. A mother might say her baby is 15 months old (which is about a year and 3 months), and it just throws me off because she could've just said her baby was a year and 3 months old. Why still refer to your baby, who's barely even a year old, as a 15 month old? That's like referring to a 3 year old as a 36 month old.

- People who mispell my name

Specifically my irl name. Considering how my name is 7 letters long, it could be kinda hard to spell for some people. Sometimes, whenever people spell my name, they might forget a letter or add an extra letter that wasn't originally there. Compared to all my other pet peeves, this has gotta be my least infuriating pet peeve.

- People who leave the cap off the toothpaste after they're done using the toothpaste

I can't stand it when people don't put the toothpaste cap back on. Whenever I go to the bathroom, I would sometimes see the toothpaste without the cap intact, and I would just put the cap back on where it's supposed to. My little sister is mainly the culprit, since she would sometimes forget to put the cap back on the toothpaste.

- Used bandaids just sitting there when they're supposed to be in the trash

Ever since I was a little girl, I would cringe whenever I see a bandaid on the ground. Bonus points if the bandaid has blood on it. For some reason, someone must've taken off the bandaid and just littered it somewhere because they were too lazy to throw it away in the trash. I would sometimes just pickup the bandaid and throw it away in the trash where it belongs. It's common sense to throw away a used bandaid in the trash, not the floor, not on the dresser, not in the shower, IN. THE. TRASH. I DON'T WANNA SEE YOUR DIRTY ASS BANDAIDS LAYING AROUND!!!

(The last pet peeve makes me look like a clean freak holy shit-)

Oh, I have a few, but one of the worst pet peeves I have is constant motor noises outside, it happens in the morning, which is the time I prefer it quiet anyway. Worse yet, they seem to persist into the afternoon and even close to the sun setting.

Another one is constant notifications on my phone, whoever thought it was a good idea to have notifications for literately everything in your phone by just simply looking through an app should really have their phone bother them 24/7, because that crap is annoying.

Oh, and scam phone calls, simply because I hate it when my phone bothers me for nothing.

People who don't put their damn shopping carts away before leaving a store, leaving the carts just in the middle of the parking lot and making more work of the underpaid employees who have to bring in the carts from outside. Even worse is when people just leave their shopping carts in the middle of a parking space, meaning that other people are gonna have to get out of their car and move the shopping cart out of the way so they can park, just because you were too goddamn lazy to put it back in the corral.

As far as I'm concerned, there are only three instances where it's acceptable to not put a shopping cart in a corral:
  1. If another customer is there and sees you putting away your shopping in the car and asks if they can have your cart when you're done
  2. If an employee who is collecting carts sees you and just takes your cart for you
  3. If a parking lot genuinely has NO corrals whatsoever, but even then you should still put your cart somewhere where it won't be bothering people.

People who don't put their damn shopping carts away before leaving a store, leaving the carts just in the middle of the parking lot and making more work of the underpaid employees who have to bring in the carts from outside.
I've been told that, "If everyone put their shopping carts away, those people wouldn't have a job at all." Which I don't really like for somehow being both nihilistic and optimistic at the same time. Not everyone will put their shopping carts away, which means the job will still exist. Doing it yourself when you have the time and opportunity to just makes that job a bit easier.

Overcrowding on public transportation bugs me. Not enough to prevent me from using public transportation, but enough to make me uncomfortable. It's no one's fault, but not having space for my arms stinks.

I've been told that, "If everyone put their shopping carts away, those people wouldn't have a job at all." Which I don't really like for somehow being both nihilistic and optimistic at the same time. Not everyone will put their shopping carts away, which means the job will still exist. Doing it yourself when you have the time and opportunity to just makes that job a bit easier.
The biggest counter against that nonsense claim is that it's not the employees job to collect the carts people leave wherever the hell they want, their job is to collect the carts from the corrals and bring them back into the store. (Unfortunately, people leaving carts wherever they want means that does become part of their job, but it's not supposed to be part of the job if people, who can walk all through a store with their cart just fine, weren't too lazy to walk however many feet it is to the nearest corral to put it away with the other carts)

Some of my pet-peeves :

1/ People repeating the same words many, many times, for no reason than just to repeat it.
2/ The subject of monetary gain is a big one for me : people are always thinking about the next thing to do to gain money rather than spending wisely. That, and having people always saying to me "you should get a job so you get money" had done a good job in making me despise monetary gain as a whole. In fact, I go by the interpretation that if I ever let the temptation get to me, it'll get easier each time and I'll never live a good live.
3/ People stopping in the middle of a path to check something instead of just going up against a wall or barrier to avoid bothering those that keep on walking.

And I think that's it for now.

Loud throat clearing AKA that "Haaaaauck!" sound people make before spitting. The first time I hear it, I want to physically tear my ears off. The second time? I want to start throwing hands. I may have misophonia and that may be a trigger noise for me.

People mispronouncing my first and last name, all the vowels in my last name are short goddammit! I kinda get why certain people might mispronounce my last name since it's not too common outside the Philippines, but my first name's common everywhere else.

People ignoring the art I made for them, I know it sounds very entitled.. But I put a lot of effort into a drawing for a friend (such as fanart of their OCs), and I don't even get acknowledgement for it. I prefer having my art insulted than my art ignored.

Whenever someone calls me gay over and over again. Yes, that's accurate but goddammit it's annoying as hell when my brother just says "Your Gay!" in a UwU voice whenever I try to talk to him.

Newer slang, and that song with it, my classmates keep singing it and oh god if I hear "sTicKinG oUT YoUR gyATt FoR tHe rizZLeR!!" one more time I might genuinely punt someone into the wall.

Newer slang, and that song with it, my classmates keep singing it and oh god if I hear "sTicKinG oUT YoUR gyATt FoR tHe rizZLeR!!" one more time I might genuinely punt someone into the wall.
Oh my fricking god that song… I have to hear it every single day of the week. Monday-Friday with my classmates and the weekends with my soccer team.

I have many, but let me get the ones I can remember:

• Since the pandemic, people who wear masks and continue to wear masks who wear them wrong. What's the stupid point of wearing one if you don't even on correctly?
  • People fail to throw out trash when the trash can is literally a foot from them.
  • People who fail to tell me important things. I've had this happen in school (like when my advisor retired) and now at work with stuff like certain functions. At one point I wasn't informed that my sister got engaged and I probably wouldn't been told if my other sister and father hadn't called my mother when I was with her. Granted, it was a day after it happened but I was the only one not in the know out of the four of us (me, my parents, and my other sister), like thanks sis.
  • People who fail to read what's in front of them.
  • People who are more focused on their phones than other things (my older sisters do this a lot when playing games when they were the ones who wanted to play).
  • People who use earbuds but then have their volume on full blast.
    • Same vein when people play their devices full volume in a public setting.
  • People who block spots in the middle of a walkway with themselves or something else.

• Touching my stuff, even if it is to straighten it. Oh god don't touch my stuff. It is like that for a reason...
  • People in Covid paying with cash, after coughing on their hands. Doesn't need explaining.
  • People using the phrase "Pokey" to describe taste. Or "pull your finger out". These phrases stress me out significantly. Especially when I tell my family to not use them because they do cause me to stress out (its the sounds in the words), and they continue to do it to wind me up.
  • People who talk loudly on the phone on the bus. No one cares about your business deal or aunt Emily's latest crush, some of us are trying to have 5 minutes peace and we don't want to hear you screaming down the phone from the other end of the bus.

I have one big one that always comes forefront in my mind:

When people blast music out of their phones in public. Did people not learn basic decency?? This is so rude. Plus, no matter what you're listening to, it sounds awful and irritating coming from a tinny phone speaker from a distance.

I dealt with this in my former retail job. I don't mean customers, I mean coworkers. Yes, employees were blasting music out of their phones while customers were walking around. :lapras: And we weren't supposed to have headphones on, so I couldn't block out their awful tinny speaker music. And no matter how inconsiderate this was to customers and coworkers, nothing was ever done about it.

I also hate it when people talk on the phone in the bathroom. It happens all of the time and I feel like my privacy is being violated. I especially hate it when I hear they're talking to a guy on the other end. D:

Another related peeve to both of these: At my current workplace, which is a very conservative Evangelical type of environment, I've had people be listening out loud to awful far right commentary and even Trump speeches :sick: in the restroom, making me a captive audience to their nonsense. There's absolutely no reason in this instance that you can't be listening through headphones/earbuds. Absolutely NONE.

When people blast music out of their phones in public. Did people not learn basic decency?? This is so rude. Plus, no matter what you're listening to, it sounds awful and irritating coming from a tinny phone speaker from a distance.
It's just main character syndrome tbh. People think the world just revolves around them so therefore they can do whatever they want, who cares about all the background characters (read: other people).

Honestly one of these days I'd love to see a video of someone having enough of this shit and just taking someone's phone and smashing it.

I always hated it when people blasted music in their earbuds to the point where you could hear it. Like seriously lower the volume until I can't hear your music blasting out of your earbuds, I don't want to hear your music especially when I'm trying to concentrate!

Oh and people who use the dog whistle app just so they can annoy anyone and get away with it because a superior will probably not be able to hear the frequency.

People who park like this:
car.jpeg

Not only are the people who park like this inconsiderate assholes who clearly don't give two shits about pedestrians who need the right of way afforded to them via the sidewalk (which, and I hope everyone here understands this, IS NOT FOR CARS. IT'S FOR PEDESTRIANS), they're also breaking the law (at least here in Florida, I dunno about other states).

The biggest type of asshole are the people who have a large enough driveway where they could easily park three cars next to each other just fine with room for everyone to get out of each vehicle and yet they don't do that and instead they'll have one car pulled into the driveway and then the other car will be pulled right behind it, so they're completely blocking the sidewalk entirely, forcing pedestrians to walk onto the damn street just because you're an asshole who doesn't know how to park your damn car properly.

my friend often brings those ready-to-assemble pizzas for lunch, the kind any reasonable person just eats cold, but she always microwaves them and the smell is just putrid... like salty, mouldy socks and vinegar combined. it's so nauseating I will leave the room to have lunch elsewhere.

Especially when it comes to plot devices, I have pet peeves, including:

A non-Black (no matter if White or Grey) morality against a Black one (a more or less non-evil side against an unambiguously evil side).
"Revenge is/feels good" stories. I find characters seeking out revenge extremely unlikable. I also dislike characters holding a grudge/resentment/spite towards another or others.
For some reason, I dislike fates of villains whenever they're "And I Must Scream" (conscious, unable to move or even do anything, and in some cases they're immortal). If they're iredeemable, I either prefer them dead or in prison. Even if they're the worst mankind can offer, I consider that an "And I Must Scream" punishment would be too cruel for them.

Back
Top Bottom