• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are some things you don't like about Pokémon Scarlet and Violet?

Don't for get the Tera Raids. The give so much candy you can level up very easily.
Yeah, that's true. I try to alternate between Tera Raids and wild Pokemon battles. It helps that I'm trying to catch Pokemon, too.

But I do get tired of the Tera Raid music after a while, even though I could listen to the East Province music for hours.

But Hisui already fills that niche :p
Although here the region is basically barren. All of the towns other than Mesagoza are nothing more than set decoration and might as well not even be there. The shops are nothing more than menus, the Gyms are just reception rooms, and even the Uva/Naranja academies aren't fully explorable, but you instead warp between different locations on a menu. It's such a let down and it's clear that the outdoor areas took priority over the indoor areas.

Yeah, that's true. I try to alternate between Tera Raids and wild Pokemon battles. It helps that I'm trying to catch Pokemon, too.

But I do get tired of the Tera Raid music after a while, even though I could listen to the East Province music for hours.
That's true. But I think Tera Raids still give you a lot of good stuff (even from the easier ones). I think it is worth the time. As a shiny hunter, it has made my life a lot easier with the herbas despite their scarcity.

Not really a fan of raids and it doesn't help that without them, there isn't that much postgame for S/V. Also, the towns are pretty lifeless - it's nice to see that NPCs have finally figured that locking doors is sensible, but it does mean that you're left with empty boxes and restaurant menus for town exploration.

The Koraidon/Miraidon riding mechanics are kind of clunky. I can often end up stuck on them in caves that have a gradient. I can't really control the climbing a lot of the time, so I end up sliding. Also that annoying thing where they jump into something and they end up suspended and helpless. The one funny thing about this is that when sliding down a slope, you can jump to jump back up the slope, which looks hilarious.

As much as it has good things about it, I'd say Team Star. And here's why
I am so tired of there not being any real threat but despite Team Star leaders being funny kids in their own right, making the team basically teens, and not just teens but bullied teens and not just bullied teens but teens who actually didn't do anything wrong at all and didn't even confront their bullies on screen, doing it off screen is such a step down in tension compared to fighting big serious villains like before. Like, remember Aether. Now that's scary. I actually like fighting adults as a teen. A game shouldn't always be 1000% relatable, it was such a misstep in my opinion to make it all into 'friendship wins, no one is offended anymore and even school principal is a good guy!' Make someone a real threat, kids or their bullies or the principal. It is boring.

Besides the obvious ones with the graphics and performance, and the slow motion gameplay because of this whenever I go to Tagtree Thicket lol; I'd probably have to say overall it would have to be level scaling, and before the game was released or I even played it I didn't think it would bother me too much, but my OCD said otherwise.

My main issue with it is that I love to fight EVERY trainer along the way, and throughout the story, never after as I feel battling low levelled trainers post game with my beastly team isn't challenging. So I obviously tried to best to fight trainers along each route as I saw them, I even went out of my way and found some and was pretty sure by the end of the game I had found and beaten them all; but there were quite a few I found that I missed.

Level scaling (or at the very least; level scaling post game would of helped with this a lot), because I wouldn't feel that it's entirely pointless battling a trainer with 2 level 18 Skiplooms with a fully evolved level 60-something starter lol.

I remain hopeful they'll make level scaling possible in future entries, but yeah idk my ocd just had it driving me crazy!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom