• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

what are somethings you don't like about pokemon legends arceus?

I don't like how Gamefreak mostly left this game in the dust after release. They gave it an update one month later and immediately focused their attention on Scarlet and Violet. These games barely got any spotlight and any sort promotion of Legends Arceus did have got brushed away so suddenly.

There's a lot of mysteries to be made about the game like who's an ancestor of who, how exactly was Volo's life like, who the ancient hero really is, why Ingo was dropped into the game (honestly I think he was just there to showcase that the game features a space-time rift and they can totally just drag random characters in for no reason). They made so many special characters whether in the overworld or through portraits, but there is hardly any explanation for them. I hope Pokémon makes some kind of guide or booklet that answers all of this one day.

Also the games still crash if you use Shadow Force with Shiny Giratina-Origin.

Last edited:
After finally playing Legends for the first time I have gather a few things I've dislike about the game.

• The tutorial: While I understand this a completely new field for Pokémon, the tutorial felt way too long as you learn how to catch Pokémon but then you sit through a bunch of cutscenes, battle Volo, go to the Fieldlands then have to listen bit by bit to how certain Pokémon act and after all that you sit through more cutscenes that feel longer then they should then you have to leave and come back to change into the Survey Corps uniform, then you finally get to some free-reign. I know Pokémon have never been good with Tutorials and their handholding-ness, but this felt very long to me.
  • The Arc Phone: It just feels out of place, especially when SV introduced the Tera Orb which feels more like something that would be in place like (like a crystal ball used by magic wielders). It just feels like it's copying Breath of the Wild and the Sheikah Slate but that felt more involved and in place.
  • Arc Phone Menus: Honestly, Pokémon as been so-so on its map functions, but I felt really inconvenience by the Arc Phone menu for some reason. Honestly, I felt it could've been integrated with the Pouch menu since you save from the pouch anyways. Like requests would be easier in the Pouch since you get your items you need for them there
  • I hated that they're wasn't like one more Ball-Type. I wish there was a Net Ball in this came for the Coastlands and how many water and bug types there are.
  • While I like the Noble Pokémon, I wish some of them were swapped with other Pokémon. Electrode in particular feels out of place as a Noble, maybe put Goodra instead.
  • Speaking of Nobles, I hate how how half you battle them but then you just get the others with little to no fanfare. I wish you had to separate trials to earned them besides some minor things especially cause you're riding them, Braviary and Sabi felt like the only trial you get for the riding Nobles.
  • The Miss Fortunes: WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THEM!? They felt shoehorned in some places, especially near the end and yet the big deal their given every time their teams do not expand. I'll take the Nuggets in the post-game though.
  • Faller Ingo: I just wish more was done with him, but outside of some stuff, no one explores his Faller origins or how he ended up there (presumably Ultra Wormhole, but considering Space-Time distortions he could've come through one of those).
  • Porygon and Rotom: I don't get why these mons are here, the latter doesn't even come through the Distortions. If the latter had to be here, why do we have all its forms? Electricity isn't common place yet, I would've like if Pokéverse humans reverse-engineered electricity from Rotom. Porygon, I rather get an ancient variant like an origami based one than its admittedly hilarious appearance.
  • The Antagonists: While I like the antagonists of this game, I just feel having the people who look like the good guys being the bad guys is a cliché used way too much (well, in this role-swapping the good guys and bad guys of Gen 4). I also kinda don't appreciate that Volo is basically gender-swapped Cynthia to an extent though he does have his own traits outside of the similarities and villainy, since Pokémon still hasn't have a full female main villain that isn't irredeemable (Lusamine should've been this but Pokémon has everyone accept her after minuscule changes post Nihilego).
  • The Legendaries: The post-game legendaries feel un-eventful as especially they're all in hallow areas or just show up unexplained, wish the other Regi's were in this game with Regigigas and give reason why it was sealed. Let us find Cresselia and Full Moon Island instead of just being in the Noble Arena. All the ways you catch legendaries sans a few in this game just feel like any other Pokémon sadly.
  • Premature End Credits: The Ends Credits just feel like they prematurely came when you're not even done, I understand Arceus being the final battle but Volo was for the story but he comes after the credits. I wish they integrated the post-game legendary hunt with the endgame, so Volo could be the proper final battle for the main story especially cause it would give the legendaries something to do.

The wisp mission... Good grief that took forever and a day to do, especially since the game sometimes doesn't render them all that well and I ended up passing some of them when they hadn't rendered yet. It didn't help that I tried to collect them while the Red Skies had shown up, meaning bleak music all around.

I also don't really like how people think Melli is that big of a jerk to everyone that his Golbat would not evolve. I don't recall one time where he had been a jerk to his own Pokémons. Not only that, but evolving Pokémons in this game is a manual thing rather than something automatic like in most games. For all we know, Melli could just like Golbat the way it is, and the latter would be okay with that.

I don't like how you have to join the Galaxy Team. While it makes sense for a game that is based on Hokkaido in the past to have colonizers I don't think the protagonist should partake in it. It's one thing if Professor Rowan's great grandfather who was presumably born in the 18th century is a child of his time but the protagonist is from the modern era and should have a more critical mindset imo. Otherwise it implies that Dawn/Lucas is very ignorant towards the indigenous people's situation (who we know exist thanks to Wulfric's Ainu name in the Japanese version).

I feel like history doesn't quite match up exactly with real events. Like, Galaxy wasn't sent by the Japanese government, for one, and that's already a pretty big cultural shift. Instead it's centered around refugees who have nowhere else to go (or at least get presented as such). Sure not everyone is, like Laventon and possibly Cyllene, but Kamado and Beni have no home to return to, and that's a massive change from history already.

History stuff is gonna get REALLY weird if we ever get a Legends game set in Unova because the history of that region is already massively different from the real world. A European-style monarchy hundreds of years ago in New York and New Jersey? And what native influence there is seems to be based on the American Southwest rather than the upper east coast, being more suited for Orre than Unova, so it's very strange. Trying to match it up with real events makes even less sense.

On top of that, there isn't even a Japanese government since the islands of Pokémon's Japan would at this point be home to at least the Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn regions. We may be able to infer much of where a Pokémon region would be in relation to our world, from geographical resemblance or by blatant nods to our world's history, but it's obvious enough that their political situations are poles apart from ours. This world still has a standing Iberian Union, for one, and we've also had Orre (Arizona), Unova (New York/New Jersey), and Alola (Hawaii), all currently parts of USA in our world but independent in the Pokémon world without any mention of the USA.

I also don't really like how people think Melli is that big of a jerk to everyone that his Golbat would not evolve. I don't recall one time where he had been a jerk to his own Pokémons. Not only that, but evolving Pokémons in this game is a manual thing rather than something automatic like in most games. For all we know, Melli could just like Golbat the way it is, and the latter would be okay with that.
The entire concept of "having a Crobat means this bad person treats their Pokémon right" died after one round with Silver anyway. Of the later bad guys or antagonistic rivals with Crobat, you have:

Maxie and Archie, who are simply just idealistic meatheads meddling with things beyond our power.
Cyrus, who has without any doubt emotionally manipulated his Crobat into triggering its evolution.
Gladion, in which Silvally demonstrates the trainer's care for his Pokémon long before he has Crobat.

The only people who so seriously stick to the old tale of Crobat being an instant morality pet today sound like those who haven't moved past the second generation, because this plot element has precisely no presence in the Pokémon games beyond that point, remakes notwithstanding.

On top of that, there isn't even a Japanese government since the islands of Pokémon's Japan would at this point be home to at least the Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn regions. We may be able to infer much of where a Pokémon region would be in relation to our world, from geographical resemblance or by blatant nods to our world's history, but it's obvious enough that their political situations are poles apart from ours. This world still has a standing Iberian Union, for one, and we've also had Orre (Arizona), Unova (New York/New Jersey), and Alola (Hawaii), all currently parts of USA in our world but independent in the Pokémon world without any mention of the USA.
we do know that there's a pokemon nation based on the existence of a national dex. of course, we don't know whether said nation existed during the time of Legends, but i wouldn't deem it all that unlikely that at least Kanto and Johto were under one government.

I don't like how a lot of the characters are just clones of their descendants. GF going "HEY GUYS LOOK AT HOW THIS IMPORTANT CHARACTER IS RELATED TO THIS OTHER IMPORTANT CHARACTER IN ANOTHER GAME" just feels kind of cheap and fanservicey. Making everyone related to each other just makes the world feel unecessarily small, too.

"candice with facepaint" or "rowan without gray hair" are mega lame.

Also, more specifically, I would have greatly prefered if GF gave Volo/Cogita designs that were a lot more independent from Cynthia's. Like, I get Cynthia's kind of important in the sense that she's the daughter of Celestic town elders, but I think they really should have had some more uniqueness to their designs to make them stand out a bit more instead of just relying on Cynthia's popularity to boost their in-game presence. I don't find either of them that interesting, which is disappointing given their in-game roles. Cogita in particular is just "old cynthia" in my mind. The arceus cosplay is cool though.

I like Kamado and Beni, but that's about it in terms of ancestors. Game Freak overdid it.

Cyllene is cool despite the Cyrus connection, which adds nothing.

I really liked the game. Most of the flaws were already listed so here are some other minor ones :
  • after finishing the game, it's very difficult to get new characters to show up at the photography studio. It's been a year and Zisu still has never showed up despite my efforts. (going outside, catching tons of Pokémon, going back to the village to check...). And I wish you could take a picture with more characters (Colza, Tao Hua, Anthe...).
  • Iirc Kamado and Calaba are the only characters who apologize for their wrongdoings. The other characters like the photographer or the girl next to the entrance door who said mean-spirited things about the MC behind his/her back are never punished. This feels wrong.
  • There's a moment where Cogita criticizes the Galaxy Team (saying the region became noisy because of it). This was interesting to finally see somebody being hostile to them (and not the mc or the fact they use Poké Balls) but ultimately, everything is forgotten when Cogita comes to the Village and visits the clothing shop. Things really shouldn't go that way...
  • Rye gets zero screentime compared to the other characters.
  • There are some inconcistencies between PLA and the other Sinnoh games : (please tell me if anything is incorrect)
  • The Spear Pillar looks like its Pokémon Diamond/Brilliant Diamond counterpart in the end of the game. Does that mean PLA is only canon in the Diamond universe ? Well, that would be strange, especially considering you can still read the book related to the PLA Manaphy quest in Pokémon Shining Pearl.
  • There is also an NPC in DP who says this :" Jubilife City was built on land they carved out from a mountain. The people and Pokémon of Oreburgh City helped out with that undertaking." In PLA, Jubilife Village was built differently. The problem is that on the Pokemon Legends Arceus website, it is written that Jubilife Village became Jubilife City in Diamond and Pearl. (They didn't write BDSP or Platinum, so that would mean PLA is also canon to the DP universe).
  • Laventon says he's the one who named Lucario's power "aura". That's not possible : Lucario can use Aura Sphere before being shown to Laventon, and the word aura is used in the game before Laventon's Pokédex entry.
  • And a last one : Celestic town is one of the oldest town of Sinnoh. The Ancient Retreat is probably meant to represent Celestic town in the past but the shrine and murals aren't there, right ? That would mean the shrine and murals were created after the events of PLA, which would make them only 100-150 years old. This would be weird, I think they were meant to be older.

I love this game, but having a battle tournament where the first ever trainers get to battle would’ve been awesome! I’m also not a fan of crafting items in any game or the limitations of space in the bag.

I've always maintained that Legends: Arceus is 10% away from being a perfectly-realised game - across the board. It could do with 10% more Pokémon to help lend variety to the final couple of areas. 10% more of the current species could do with being non-aggressive. It could do with 10% fewer crafting items and knick-knacks, with 10% more satchel space to stop uncollected items from piling up. Some locales could do with 10% more long grass to make stealth easier, and 10% more of every map would push them just over the edge from generous to epic.

I'm actually going to contradict a common sentiment and say that I liked many of the ancestor characters, because their resemblance to their modern-day counterparts feels deliberately skin-deep. Kamado may seem like Rowan, until you realise that the former is actually little more than a yokel/punk with airs about him. Benji couldn't be further from the (mostly) timid and agreeable Wally, Cyllene is far more kind and supportive than she lets on, Volo is... yeah.

Last edited:
Legends is a great game! I just wish there were a few more things they had done, though. Unlimited Rachel space would be nice, the music not turning off with distortions (which is absolutely horrifying), being able to log balls at me Pokemon, etc. There's just a lot

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom