• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

what are somethings you don't like about pokemon legends arceus?

Noble battles. I don't hate them but it feels like they belong in a different game. Evading Pokemon's attacks in the overworld doesn't compare to the hundred attacks these things can throw at you, making the learning curve very steep if you don't play adventure games often, and the "bonus" you get after using a Pokemon can last mere seconds, making it pointless. And let's not talk about how sometimes just running is more effecting than using the evade action. If it weren't for the "Restart from previous point" mechanic it would have taken me hours to beat the final ones.
not to mention that you can actually beat these bosses without using a pokemon even once, which i found out against that 3rd boss fight against a Hisuian Arcanine. and its way faster to just throw the food at them instead of waiting for them to tire out and then attack them with your pokemon. and that "Restart from previous point" is a poor game design and shouldn't even be there in the first place. i see no reason to start the battle all over, if i can choose to start the battle around where i left off. you don't even get panelized for choosing that option! in fact, you fully heal when you choose that option while the boss is almost defeated!

I wish that they included breeding in the game. This is especially jarring since Baby Pokémon are so rare in this game.

I hate how they nerfed Frozen and Sleep in this game.

Adaman and Irida's teams are just Eevelutions. That's disappointing.

I hate how they nerfed Frozen and Sleep in this game.
yeah i do too...even though the freeze is kind of RNG that can screw you over, i think i rather prefer the original freeze and sleep rather than them being an exact copy of burn and paralyze with slight changes. if they added stages to the frostbite and drowsy where the next time the move would make your pokemon drowsy or inflict frostbit would freeze or put the pokemon to sleep (including on the player character), i would be fine with it. but no, they had to copy the code from burn and paralyze, change one thing about them and call it a day. so yeah, it gives me less of a reason to use moves that inflict frostbite or drowsy when they froze and put the pokemon to sleep in the past. i really hope they return the sleep and frozen status back to the way they were, or at least add stages when they do make another pokemon legends arceus like game

Last edited:
There are a few things I really didn't like about the game:
  1. The way stats affect the battle system. The original system felt more intuitive in terms of how it worked, but the Legends Arceus system is kind of hard to figure out. I don't like how certain Pokemon can hit multiple times and is seemingly never really expanded upon as part of the main tutorial early on in the game.
  2. Pokemon has always been repetitive game, and while I still think the game manages to hold my interest weeks later, I still think the main campaign for completing the dex and facing the noble Pokemon could be handled better.
  3. The map is essentially naked. I get that this is based off the era in which Hokkaido was colonized by Japan, and that post-industrialization of the region is a strong enough explanation as to why there aren't many settlements/explorers/etc. but I just wish we had a few more nods to modern Sinnoh. The survival aspect is obvious (and a lot of fans like that part of the game), but I still think they could have added a few more notable villages or something.
  4. Noble battles are not that fun tbh. I almost feel like a Raid-style of battle would have been more exciting as a boss match as opposed to just throwing balms and then attacking with your team. I wish the noble battles were handled differently.
  5. The storage system is bad imo. Again, survival, wilderness, etc. but it shouldn't be so annoying to store items and then blow money just to expand the capacity by a single slot.
That being said, I still really, really enjoyed the game and I think it's one of my favorite in the entire franchise. :bulbaLove: I had so much fun chasing Pokemon down and looked forward to completing the dex. The characters are really memorable too, which kind of makes me wish we had an anime adaptation of the games :p I'm also glad they kept offenses to the Ainu community at a minimum in this game.

Something I hate about the game? This man. Need I say more?

Pokemon Legends: Arceus - How to Increase Inventory Space (Extra Satchel  Slots)

I know it’s been beat to death but I’m having a really hard time letting this go. The graphics. It’s one thing that the environments look like they’re from the 2000s, sure it bugs me that the highest-earning media franchise in the world is still so behind in that department but I can get past it. I genuinely like the art style, a lot of the models look good, and the lack of voice acting doesn’t particularly bother me.

It’s the rendering. It’s the way objects, textures, and even shadows are drawn into existence right in front of your face. It’s the god awful aliasing and the obvious white pixels in caves. It’s how underwater objects look more jagged than GBA sprites. It’s the 3 FPS Pokémon animations at nowhere near an acceptable distance for that kind of trick. I could go on but you’ve all seen it and know what I’m talking about.

This game does so much right, and in a lot of ways it’s the Pokémon experience of my dreams, particularly as a gen 4 kid. And if I were a graphics nut I would have never been into Pokémon to begin with. But it’s these things that actively hurt the experience and break the immersion. This game is flawed in more ways than the optimization, but those other flaws are far more forgivable than the constant reminders that this game needed more time.

While I’m at it, this kind of game would benefit greatly from a form of real-time combat. The boss battles were actually some of the most fun parts of the game for me, they could use a little more variety but still. The styles did a decent job of shaking up the existing battle system and I actually don’t mind the changes to stat-changing and status moves, but I think it’s time for them to move on. I know several non-fans who played the game and would be enjoying it a lot more if it weren’t for the combat. It just breaks the flow and feels like it’s only there because it’s always been.

While I’m at it, this kind of game would benefit greatly from a form of real-time combat. The boss battles were actually some of the most fun parts of the game for me, they could use a little more variety but still. The styles did a decent job of shaking up the existing battle system and I actually don’t mind the changes to stat-changing and status moves, but I think it’s time for them to move on. I know several non-fans who played the game and would be enjoying it a lot more if it weren’t for the combat. It just breaks the flow and feels like it’s only there because it’s always been.
I would personally love this for the next gen (and think it would alleviate some of the dread I experienced with stat-based attacks in this game), but I know there have been quite a few fans who have said they'd stop playing the game if they abandoned turn-based combat. I'm all for a more immersive experience though

I would personally love this for the next gen (and think it would alleviate some of the dread I experienced with stat-based attacks in this game), but I know there have been quite a few fans who have said they'd stop playing the game if they abandoned turn-based combat. I'm all for a more immersive experience though
well...it can't hurt to at least try. this turn based combat is getting a little old to be honest, even if they added these different styles which, i find agile one to be pointless most of the time outside of capturing pokemon...

I don't like how Pokemon don't automatically evolve any more. At least it should be a toggle in the options whether you want them to evolve automatically or not.

I'm also not really sold on the pokedex research side of the game, I usually just ignore that part (outside of catching the Pokemon) unless I'm forced to do it to progress the game. I like the quests where you discover something unique or unusual about a Pokemon (like the one with Drifloon playing with a child from the town), I'd like to see more of that and less "catch 20 of this pokemon please".

Also, something I noticed from playing the game was I felt like overall I battled with my Pokemon less than I usually would in other Pokemon games. Which was definitely weird to me.

I find it annoying that Pokemon spawning inside the Time-Space Distortions immediately notice you, giving you no time to sneak around for the best throwing angle. The only way is if you're hiding in the tall grass, but even then, some spots might not even have tall grass at all.
I've had distortions spawn in areas where I've been able to get lucky and stay up on a large rock high up enough where I can throw a pokeball before they notice. I had a good one in Alabaster Icelands. But yeah, it can be frustrating if you're in one of these situations where they immediate notice you.

I've had distortions spawn in areas where I've been able to get lucky and stay up on a large rock high up enough where I can throw a pokeball before they notice. I had a good one in Alabaster Icelands. But yeah, it can be frustrating if you're in one of these situations where they immediate notice you.
and if your really unlucky, they can appear right before you start a battle against a pokemon that only appears in these distortions which causes you to have a 1v4 battle against them. and you can only have 1 pokemon out in battle at a time.

There's a couple things I really dislike
  • The battle system. Basically speed determines the outcome of the battle. If you're using a slow pokémon you're bound to lose. Enemies can attack up to three times before you even select a move. The turn-based battle system of the rest of the series might be tedious but at least it isn't UNFAIR.
  • The repetitive research tasks. I wish I didn't have to capture 25 of the same pokémon, or beat 40 of them, or have to use a move 30 times. I know GF really does like to make repetitive and tedious mechanics but this is too much.
  • RNG dependency. You can't find a pokémon you need? tough luck, go in and out of the area until you find it. Need a pokémon from the space-time distortions? Good luck finding them. There were some hard-to-find pokémon in the other games but at least you could run around and find it eventually. Now you have to leave the area, go back to Jubilife, go to the area again.... so tedious.
  • Boss battles. I've never been a fan of action games. I don't want to have to evade enemy moves, time my attacks, etc etc. I'm not good at that kind of game. Thank Arceus they put that option to restart the battle and keep the progress if you lose. I'd still be at the third Noble if it wasn't for that.

Three things bug me after almost a month playing the game:
  • The out of bounds fog. Like I get why it's there, to hide the low-poly background hills. But sometimes when you turn around it takes a few seconds to disappear and it feels really disorienting.
  • Frostbite. Cool concept, bad implementation. I'd rather Frozen come back and also do damage while the Pokémon can't move for a few turns.
  • The fighting styles...they're pointless.

I might come up with more, but here's what I have for now.

• Controls while flying with Braviary. While Legends Arceus is a game about adventuring, they don't seem to hide too many secrets up high, and already give you easy access to high up places with Sneaseler, why make Braviary unable to fly up? I mean I guess it might make people less inclined to use Sneasler, but it's still a bit frustrating. I also don't like how hard it is to fully turn around on Braviary.
  • I think space-time distortions could have been handled a little bit better. Not only is the system for them incredibly annoying (I'm pretty sure even opening a menu can delay the spawn of it), but I think the distortions themselves could do a little more. For the first time, many Pokemon with regional forms don't even have their original variants in the code of the game, as in we can't even transfer them. I think they could have easily handled it like Sneasel and Weavile though and put the original forms into the space-time distortions. The distortions already seem to have no rhyme or reason, why not put them in? Additionally, Pokemon with regional variants who are in the game, like Vulpix and Ponyta, could have their variants popping up in the space-time distortions as well.

• Frostbite. Cool concept, bad implementation. I'd rather Frozen come back and also do damage while the Pokémon can't move for a few turns.
  • The fighting styles...they're pointless.
yeah, i honestly don't like what they did with freeze...i understand people dislike it for it being RNG since moves that can freeze you have a 10% chance of happening. but they didn't need to copy the same exact code from burn and change one thing about it. thats also a missed opportunity to make the game harder by having your character get frozen and you'd have to break free before the pokemon lands another hit on you. if they added stages to this like, the next time the move inflicts frostbite, you or your pokemon gets frozen then i'd be find with it. i hope they do bring back freeze and sleep in the next pokemon game, or at least add stages cause i'm not a fan of what they did to freeze and sleep.

i mean, agile style is good for capturing pokemon to prevent yours from landing a finishing blow.

Here's another one I don't like: Path of Solitude

Now I know that some might say to just ignore, but unfortunately, I simply can't because some of them just had to be tied to Requests. The most annoying one at the moment being Wormadam's. How am I supposed to beat a level 70 Togekiss that spams Aerial Ace with a Pokemon that 4x weak to Flying-type moves? Worse yet, Wormadam doesn't seem to have anything that can be super effective against Togekiss, it's an all-around poorly planned idea to tie to a Request.

Here's another one I don't like: Path of Solitude

Now I know that some might say to just ignore, but unfortunately, I simply can't because some of them just had to be tied to Requests. The most annoying one at the moment being Wormadam's. How am I supposed to beat a level 70 Togekiss that spams Aerial Ace with a Pokemon that 4x weak to Flying-type moves? Worse yet, Wormadam doesn't seem to have anything that can be super effective against Togekiss, it's an all-around poorly planned idea to tie to a Request.

Not to point out the obvious, but you shouldn't use the Plant Cloak. Use the Trash Cloak instead. It's part Steel resists Fairy and is neutral to Flying, and it has Iron Head for super-effective STAB against Togekiss. From what I've seen from Serebii about that challenge it doesn't restrict the type of Wormadam you have to use, you just need to use a Wormadam, so there's nothing stopping you from using the Trash Cloak as far as I can tell.

Not to point out the obvious, but you shouldn't use the Plant Cloak. Use the Trash Cloak instead. It's part Steel resists Fairy and is neutral to Flying, and it has Iron Head for super-effective STAB against Togekiss. From what I've seen from Serebii about that challenge it doesn't restrict the type of Wormadam you have to use, you just need to use a Wormadam, so there's nothing stopping you from using the Trash Cloak as far as I can tell.
I can't believe I forgot Wormadam had different typings depending on her cloak! I knew there was something off about the typing needed for that particular battle. Thank you for reminding me.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom