• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

what are somethings you don't like about pokemon legends arceus?

Honestly, thinking it was a waste of money.

The battling thing I don't like or that you have to catch several different pokemon of the same species to 'document'. I hate how you don't even really get to travel the routes like in the other games...you just complete your quest, go to camp and then boom you're back in jubilifie. I haven't gotten far into it (partly due to not charging my nintendo switch lite) so don't know what else to expect going forward. I am interested in seeing the evolution Oshawott.

The starter final evos are called hisuian forms even tho it’s made clear they aren’t native to hisui

The starter final evos are called hisuian forms even tho it’s made clear they aren’t native to hisui
...Except...their dex entries literally state that Hisui's climate and environment are what influenced these evolutions in the first place... So they are actual Hisuian forms?

I'm usually not of the opinion that any Pokemon is unnecessary, but Hisuian Qwilfish, to me, did not need to exist.

It gets no knew abilities, has the same stats, it's only real significance from Qwilfish is having stab on Dark moves and access to Eviolite, something that could've helped out Johtonian Qwilfish instead, and it's design at least to me doesn't deviate enough from Johtonian Qwilfish to really justify the two being separate forms.

I think Johtonian Qwilfish evolving to Overqwil woulda made sense on it's own, I dunno.

Now that I've been thinking about it, I feel that some of the Hisuian forms could've been done better. Like, they could've done more for certain ones. Samurott, for example, could've been a bit more than just a regular Samurott with edgier, different colored shells and a different beard, or Electrode could've had its stats altered, like taking away some Attack and maybe a bit of Speed to boost Special Attack, instead of leaving it the same. I mean compared to ones like Growlithe, Decidueye, and Zoroark, which all got some pretty strong designs and/or stat changes, a number of them could've used a bit more details, design changes, and/or stat changes in order to better separate themselves from their normal forms. That said, they did pick some good type combos for them, especially since some were either exclusive to certain lines and such or brand new entirely. But I feel they could've been a little bolder in giving certain Hisuian forms more unique designs and/or stat changes.

I actually liked a lot about this game. A big thing for me was I wish there were more settlements, specifically Diamond and Pearl Clan settlements. I think the map felt somewhat empty which made the game go by really fast. They tried to play up the whole wilderness element to me which felt... bad... considering it was supposed be Hokkaido during Meiji colonization and sort of implied that the land was not really inhabited before. As an Indigenous person I would have loved to see the Diamond and Pearl Clans be living all over Hisui and also take a less passive role in the story.
Also, if I'm not mistaken I haven't seen anyone bring this up yet, but can we talk about the graphics when you're in a cave or tunnel. The white line around your character looks like when you try to use the instant background eraser in photoshop or something and it doesn't come out quite right. I've been hoping they'll fix that but...
Besides that I have loved being able to run around everywhere and throw pokeballs! I would also have loved to have been able to interact with my pokemon more like in past games (like pokemon amie), and also it would be cool to feed my own pokemon.
Also someone mentioned the fog. I disliked that as well. One thing I liked so much about Breath of the Wild was that the entire map was open to explore and you never felt that you had gone somewhere you weren't supposed to be. The fog kind of goes against that.
And a big one: you can't go between areas, you have to go back to the village first. That bothered me. Maybe there is a way to go between regions, I just haven't found it? I don't know, it seems like such a big thing not to have.

Whilst I had loads of fun with the game and really enjoyed it, it really does suffer the death of a thousand cuts with how many minorly annoying things stack up. The lack of quality of life in many areas makes it kind of irritating to play. Here are some of my grievances that I haven't seen others list in this thread [I agree about the battle system issues, by the way, especially with enemies being able to gang up on you whilst your character is too brain damaged to send out more than one Pokemon]:

• NO MINI-MAP. This is one of the biggest ones, I feel the game would've benefitted heavily from a mini-map because opening the map up over and over again to get my bearings was really annoying, especially for someone as directionless as myself. Also, the fact that the quest marker doesn't show up unless you're facing its direction makes navigation much worse.

• The controls felt janky and hard to get the hang of. A lot of buttons were just weird and unintuitive, and I found myself constantly pressing the wrong buttons and opening the wrong menus. Don't know if it's just me.

• The camera in the Noble Battles is awful. It doesn't follow the boss, and you constantly have to be adjusting it whilst ALSO trying to evade its attacks, making it far harder than it should be. I'm not too good at action games, but I've played enough to know when one is smooth and easy to control. This game is not. It desperately needs a lock-on feature that tracks the enemy without you having to hold the button, like Kingdom hearts.

• Sneaseler being able to be summoned when you're near even the slightest climbable thing, resulting in constant accidental summons of it.

• Braviary's inability to control its altitude. God, that felt so stupid. I was really looking forward to having fully controllable flight in a Pokemon game. Why is this glorious bird reduced to just a handglider?

• Ursaluna's slowness. I barely used it because even though it could find treasure, its movement speed wasn't as convenient as Wyrdeer.

• The glass cannon feel of the battles. Everything hits like a truck and battles go way too fast, rendering defensive strategies completely useless. Levels also aren't as meaningful - something 30 levels bellow you can kill you in two shots.

• Everything in the water. Catching Pokemon is so much harder for some stupid reason - your balls miss a lot more and you can't sneak up on anything. Also, the water graphics are absolutely terrible. It looks like syrup.

• The turn order indicator is useless and lies, because it doesn't take into account what move an enemy Pokemon is actually going to use. I feel like this priority/turn system had potential, but they just squandered it entirely.

• Finding wisps is really, really annoying because there isn't a way to keep track of which specific wisps you've already found and where. Not only that, but wisps don't always render properly. You could be standing near one, and it won't appear at all. I got screwed over when I found some wisps over the course of the main story, but then had to go find the rest in the post game and spent hours trawling through a guide going to every possible place a wisp could spawn even though I already had 70ish.

Last edited:
Finding wisps is really, really annoying because there isn't a way to keep track of which specific wisps you've already found and where. Not only that, but wisps don't always render properly. You could be standing near one, and it won't appear at all. I got screwed over when I found some wisps over the course of the main story, but then had to go find the rest in the post game and spent hours trawling through a guide going to every possible place a wisp could spawn even though I already had 70ish.
Yeah, I'm kinda having this issue myself, but what I did to make it a little bit easier at times was look up a guide, then use the stamps to copy that on the in-game map, and then visit all those spots. If I already picked up that wisp, I remove the stamp and go onto the next one. I do agree there should've been a better way to keep track of all the wisps you found though.

Basically everything about Enamorus. The idea is seriously stupid and catching this one was an extremely aggravating experience. This Pokémon managed to instantly become my least favourite Legendary Pokémon in just a single day.

There's no real point in putting a large movepool in a game where you can switch out moves on the fly.
This does not excuse leaving such obvious blatant holes. I'm asking for expected standards. Skimping on previously widespread moves like Focus Blast and, perhaps even more noticeably, Earthquake, is beyond utterly ridiculous. Heck, Garchomp of all things should not have to be making do with Bulldoze for their physical Ground move.

Well I hate blizzards, I wouldn't be complaining about them if they didn't block Space-Time Distortions. It's so ridiculous that they take so long to go away.

This is an extremely minor nitpick but I wanna bring attention to it regardless: Why is the Gible line found in the Alabaster Iceland if it hates the cold and is presumably even cold-blooded? Garchomp's Shield Pokédex entry states that the times it goes outside its den are very brief so that its body temperature doesn't drop too much.

I think putting a flag on everything (including lost satchels, space-time distorsions, wide areas, Pokemon outbreaks...) helps solve the mini map issue. Yes, you have to turn around until you see it, but it's not that hard.

Anyway, I really wanted to like the Photo Studio but the menus are soooo boring and cluncky. The only times I use it I mostly end up picking the options at random to be done with it.

Another Pokemon that really makes me hate the shaking tree mechanic is Aipom. I just hate that Aipom can only appear from two trees in the entire game. I hope that the next major update introduces honey slathering because I for sure hate to keep going back to the village just for a chance of the tree I want shaking to actually shake. Plus, it makes sense lore-wise for honey slathering to have happened long before the events of the Sinnoh games anyway.

I think putting a flag on everything (including lost satchels, space-time distorsions, wide areas, Pokemon outbreaks...) helps solve the mini map issue. Yes, you have to turn around until you see it, but it's not that hard.
Agreed. I used markers to get around and it was extremely easy. No need for a minimap.

+1 to Arylett's list, it's spot on. Agreed with all of it. A few more:

- The fact that getting a full Dex with Research Level 10 on everything isn't enough to get 10 star. I saw it coming and have been doing bonus research tasks along the way, but the reality of now being "done" with the Pokedex but having to fill out another thousand points in arbitrary tasks just feels REALLY bad.

- The storage limitations and the main enemy of the game imho Bagin. The money sink and aggravation of the increased inventory management concerns add absolutely nothing positive to the game. They could've given us a full sized satchel from the start and the game would've just been better for it.

- The fact that the only way to get Nature mints is by RNG from the fields. Having to potentially process a dozen or more harvests to get the one Nature Mint you want is just bad design.

- The fact that you can't auto-organize the Pastures. Let me sort my Pokemon by number, or name, or type, or whatever other criteria I want, and not have to spend an hour manually doing so!

- The INSANE amount of cutscenes. Cutscenes summarizing the cutscenes we just watched! It's an insane amount of disrespect for their audience's time and intelligence and actively detracts from the game.

Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the game. I know getting a full Dex doesn't get you to 10 for a reason after all XD I'll probably post the things I did like in a moment. But certain things just drive me wild, and it would take so little to improve the quality of life in the game So Much, so I don't understand the design decisions at all.

- The INSANE amount of cutscenes. Cutscenes summarizing the cutscenes we just watched! It's an insane amount of disrespect for their audience's time and intelligence and actively detracts from the game.
the game honestly should of been called "pokemon legends cutscenes" cause i swear the game has more cutscenes than sword and shield. at least there, they were kind of short most of the time but here, they feel longer and there are way more than there should be. like come on, i understand your wanting to tell us the story but let us play the game instead of making us watch a movie!

Last edited:
One of the things I've come to hate is that Braviary can't fly up. Why the hell not? I think it is because if it did, it would render Sneasler obsolete. But Sneasler is so slow and annoying. Meh

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom