• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are the chances of Kanto being in Generation 5?

Interesting question. Kanto has somehow managed to be the only region to appear in every genertation, but that's only because of remakes. The real question is whether or not there will be remakes next gen and what they will be remakes of...

I'd rather avoid any more remakes, honestly, at least for the next gen. Let's take a break. If they want to have Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh next go-around, let's save it for the MMO we've all been ready for. :p

um, based off the last 10 years and the four generations...

Pretty dang likely. The gen that doesn't feature Kanto will always be known for that.

Interesting question. Kanto has somehow managed to be the only region to appear in every genertation, but that's only because of remakes. The real question is whether or not there will be remakes next gen and what they will be remakes of...

I'd rather avoid any more remakes, honestly, at least for the next gen. Let's take a break. If they want to have Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh next go-around, let's save it for the MMO we've all been ready for. :p

Yea, I can see a prequel of Red and Blue. But a MMO would be the best place for it.

maybe if they remake a remake. Somewhere on the forum somebody suggested the combine R/S remakes with FR/LG remakes so hoenn and kanto are in one game...I don't know who said it though so I can't give them credit sorry :(

maybe if they remake a remake. Somewhere on the forum somebody suggested the combine R/S remakes with FR/LG remakes so hoenn and kanto are in one game...I don't know who said it though so I can't give them credit sorry :(

Well FRLG will celebrate their 10th anniversary in like what 5 years. I can also see a different game but with the same region.

I'll say it might be possible since it's the original region but it would never be bad to switch it up a bit and add something different, but I would like that if Kanto would stay.

Honestly I would love it if any of the old regions were somehow included in the Gen V game. Like maybe after you beat the game, all of a sudden you are invited to participate in the kanto league as well.

Kinda like what they did in GSC, but I'm hoping they could just keep it a secret and no one would know about the second region until the game was released.

Due to the different release dates between Japan and the US though, I doubt it would be much a secret for the US. :(

Somehow, I doubt they will ever made an MMO. I might be wrong though, so yeah, I just... doubt it.

Hmmmm lets see

Gen I; Kanto was the main region
Gen II; Kanto was part of Johto
Gen III; FRLG were the remakes of RB
Gen IV; Kanto is part of Johto in the new HGSS
Gen V; ???

So, Kanto must be related to something.....

I think that it would be a good idea... remake FR/LG for DS... also remake R/S/E for DS... thats just my opinion... I think a new adventure would be awesome as well... I'm not sure there's a set formula, but it seems there is a new game and a remake in every generation starting with generation 3(R/S/E; FR/LG) and then 4(D/P/Pt; HG/SS) so maybe they will remake R/S/E next... it also seems they condense the games down each time its remade (R/B/Y condensed to FR/LG; G/S/E to HG/SS) so maybe the remake of FR/LG will be one game, and the remake of R/S/E will be two... I don't know... it makes sense to me, and I've always thought it would be great if that happened, but I don't know....

Hmmmm lets see

Gen I; Kanto was the main region
Gen II; Kanto was part of Johto
Gen III; FRLG were the remakes of RB
Gen IV; Kanto is part of Johto in the new HGSS
Gen V; ???

So, Kanto must be related to something.....

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE FIRERED/LEAFGREEN REMAKES!

Don't be a whiny flame starter.
It would be as weird as fuck if they didn't include it now shup before you start being really whiny.

Whiny? You think that was whiny? I can give you whiny.

Kanto was a sad deformity of a region stuck in Gold and silver. Everything about it was pathetic with NO positive changes. The whole region could be completed in 20 minutes. The Gyms were sad, the routes were pathetic and there was barely any story to it. All changes were for the bad, no real cinnabar, no safari zone, ghost tower and power plant revamped to be uninteresting and boring. Thats why it was ad they even bothered to keep it in HGSS. Obviously I havn't played it yet but I sure hope they improved it because it was a real waste of space.

Whiny? You think that was whiny? I can give you whiny.

Kanto was a sad deformity of a region stuck in Gold and silver. Everything about it was pathetic with NO positive changes. The whole region could be completed in 20 minutes. The Gyms were sad, the routes were pathetic and there was barely any story to it. All changes were for the bad, no real cinnabar, no safari zone, ghost tower and power plant revamped to be uninteresting and boring. Thats why it was ad they even bothered to keep it in HGSS. Obviously I havn't played it yet but I sure hope they improved it because it was a real waste of space.

complaining about something you haven't played yet. Smart. Really wins over those points in a debate.

The fact of the matter is that at the time, people were happy to be back in Kanto. Sure in hindsight it wasn't anything special, but then again, those were the early days of pokemon, when not even half of Emerald would have been able to fit into a Silver cartridge.

And it's a sure bet that Kanto will be changed. Have you even watched the trailers? Have you even been following the leaks?

And 20 minutes? Come on, if your going to bash something in a video game at least be realistic.

100%. Gamefreak is so in love with kanto that they just have to add it over and over again. They'll probably add Kanto in the R/S remakes if you ask me.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom