• Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here
  • The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • What happened to the Pokemon GO section?

Hey all! We wanted to let everyone know that the Pokemon GO section has officially been merged into the Pokemon Video Games section. You can find more information in this thread.

• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

What are the chances that the Coronavirus causes episodes to be delayed or canceled?

You will only shine if you are yourself!
Reaction score
I think we cant blame any series to take a break or not a company. I know it sucks, but that is life. Threads like these (and no offense to the creator of this thread) are about that we cant watch pokémon. That is it. We cant change the facts or hope that it will air sooner. We dont have a crystal ball to see in the future. We have to have some patience.

Reaction score
I think we cant blame any series to take a break or not a company. I know it sucks, but that is life. Threads like these (and no offense to the creator of this thread) are about that we cant watch pokémon. That is it. We cant change the facts or hope that it will air sooner. We dont have a crystal ball to see in the future. We have to have some patience.
Oh, I'm not blaming Yokai Watch or anything. I just find it weird that OLM Studio doesn't seem to be having trouble with Yokai Watch's production at all, when almost half of their currently airing anime is still on hiatus.

Meowth Fan
Reaction score
Oh, I'm not blaming Yokai Watch or anything. I just find it weird that OLM Studio doesn't seem to be having trouble with Yokai Watch's production at all, when almost half of their currently airing anime is still on hiatus.
How far ahead is Yokai Watch's production compared to Pokemon? And also TV Tokyo perhaps is wanting to keep some new episodes ready to be aired later on while still at least keeping a few shows going during the pandemic?

Reaction score
Yo-kai Watch CEO has clearly confirmed that they are using Teleconference to Record Episodes ever since late-April, it would be really nice if we could get anything about the Production for Pokemon but they've been so secretive for no reason ever since this hiatus has started. It's weird OLM is having so many Terrible Production Issues with PM even though they even have a studio dedicated to it in Malaysia. Yo-kai Watch is barely low priority and the Animation is still so smooth.

Administrator
Reaction score
I would hope that they're working on incorporating safety measures so that voice actors can record safely. My Hero Academia's fifth season is just about to start its voice recording based on an update from Funimation and they are doing just that. I assume more studios are going to go for similar methods since it's probably going to be awhile before they can record like they used to. I just hope that the safety measures keep everyone safe and allow for production on anime like Pokemon to resume.

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Do OLM and TVTokyo just give that much more priority to Yokai Watch as a franchise?
No, it probably has more to do with how the two shows are recorded at two completely different recording studios; Pocket Monsters (2019) at Half H・P Studio, Yokai Watch Jam at L Studio. I'm betting it just boils down to one studio remaining open while the other's decided to close.

Reaction score
Yo-kai Watch CEO has clearly confirmed that they are using Teleconference to Record Episodes ever since late-April, it would be really nice if we could get anything about the Production for Pokemon but they've been so secretive for no reason ever since this hiatus has started. It's weird OLM is having so many Terrible Production Issues with PM even though they even have a studio dedicated to it in Malaysia. Yo-kai Watch is barely low priority and the Animation is still so smooth.
No, it probably has more to do with how the two shows are recorded at two completely different recording studios; Pocket Monsters (2019) at Half H・P Studio, Yokai Watch Jam at L Studio. I'm betting it just boils down to one studio remaining open while the other's decided to close.
That's pretty interesting, I never knew that Yokai Watch and Pokemon used different recording studios. So I guess L Studio is using newer technology to comply with pandemic measures, hopefully Half H・P Studio can follow suit then.

If Yokai Watch Jam can continue airing, that probably means OLM Studio can produce anime in a timely manner even with their staff working from home.

Reaction score
It say some about in new magazine scan, TV Tokyo’s supposedly putting something out tomorrow at 6 PM JPN Time.

Reaction score