• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are the chances that the Coronavirus causes episodes to be delayed or canceled?

Thanks. So they might just go in order I guess. Also, did they air an episode preview for SS002 at the end?

Episode 1? That's.....concerning. Hopefully they don't go through all 22 episodes before episode 23 comes out. Assuming that episode and episodes directly after it don't get scrapped. That could mean almost a half year long hiatus. I hope that's not the case and episode 1 being aired means nothing.

Episode 1? That's.....concerning. Hopefully they don't go through all 22 episodes before episode 23 comes out. Assuming that episode and episodes directly after it don't get scrapped. That could mean almost a half year long hiatus. I hope that's not the case and episode 1 being aired means nothing.

It might also very well be the case of them deciding to start from the beginning so they have plenty of breathing room in case they restart in say 3-4 weeks.

I wouldn't look that much into where they're starting with the reruns. They have no idea when they can go back to airing new episodes, so I'm sure that this is just their way to provide some wiggle room in case they're able to start airing new episodes sooner than expected. I really hope that they are trying to figure out how to make production at home work for both the animators and the voice actors.

So far, the only scrapped episodes have been due to featuring things that hit too close to home, like the Barboach/Whiscash episode or the Team Plasma two-parter, so unless there's something like that in those episodes I doubt it.

So I checked out all currently airing anime TV series that are produced by OLM Studios, and it turns out they still have 2 series that have not yet gone on hiatus:

Tomica Kizuna Gattai Earth Granner and Zoids Wild Zero.

Everything else (Yo-kai Watch Jam, Pokemon, Bungō to Alchemist: Shinpan no Hagurumai, Girl Gaku ~Sei Girls Square Gakuin~, and Cardfight!! Vanguard Gaiden if) has either gone on hiatus or postponed their premier.

The latest episode of Twilight Wings is once again affected by the Coronavirus:

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/Pokemon_cojp/status/1261129215241605121

Fifth episode of Twilight Wings has been delayed to June 5.

The latest episode of Twilight Wings is once again affected by the Coronavirus:

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/Pokemon_cojp/status/1261129215241605121

Fifth episode of Twilight Wings has been delayed to June 5.

Maybe this will give us more of an idea of when the main anime will return? The delay is totally understandable and I had a feeling it would happen. This damn virus needs to go away already or at the very least, a cure or vaccine needs to be found very soon.

Maybe this will give us more of an idea of when the main anime will return? The delay is totally understandable and I had a feeling it would happen. This damn virus needs to go away already or at the very least, a cure or vaccine needs to be found very soon.

Don't expect a cure or vaccine before at least the second half of 2021.

On a semi-related note, Yokai Watch Jam, an anime also produced by OLM, turns out to have only skipped 1 episode (May 1) before returning to its usual schedule.

So not only did Yokai Watch Jam go on hiatus later than Pokemon, but that anime also went back to its normal broadcasting way sooner than Pokemon as well.

Do OLM and TVTokyo just give that much more priority to Yokai Watch as a franchise? Or could it be that the Pokemon Company isn't letting OLM produce more Pokemon (2019) episodes as a precaution against the pandemic?

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom